DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

This is fixin' to stream- the thirtieth time these two have been in the ring together.  This isn't quite as good as last night's Lee Moriarty match (what with Moriarty kicking a Cinnebon to enrage Takeshita and all)  but it's fucking good.  Konosuke Takeshita is fucking awesome and so is Speedball.

========================

Ruthie Jay has 24 matches under her belt, according to cagematch.net, so there is NO WAY she should look this good having a dogfight with fuckin La Rosa Negra.  This is 700% a Puerto Rico style street fight and it is fucking awesome.  I assume La Rosa Negra told her, "Lay it in, because I am."  And they do.

=========================

I think I saw Dutch once in ROH.  He is a fun fat boy!  Matt Taven is your all star.  I've seen the  members of the Unit on Dark, I'm assuming.

• Like 2

This starts off as a good little match between Allie Katch and Rebel Kel but then these two big mean ladies run in and it morphs, ECW-like, into a tag match.  Which is really fun.

=================

Since Dragon Bane is now at a higher tier in Pro Wrestling NOAH, the title of Craziest Indie Motherfucker In Mexico is up for grabs.  Sol and Spider Fly battle it out, with Spider Fly being a slightly bigger lunatic than Sol, but Sol does more nifty shit.  Tortuga Mike is a very landable fat guy.

====================

Billy Haze is a slightly more douchey version of Connor Mills.  This is the battle of hilarious hair styles.  They should join the United Empire.  Both these guys can go so this is some quality wrestling.  WRESTLE FORCE!

MORE GLEAT!  Streamed this morning.  All of this is good.

===================

Donna Del Mondo versus God's Eye elimination match is fun.  Konami and Giulia's section remind one that Giulia is fucking awesome.  Momo Watanbe and Starlight Kid  taking on Hazuki and Koguma remind me that I have no idea who Hazuki and Koguma are.  They're good, it turns out.  Momo Watanbe is a MACHINE.

======================

Jake Lee versus Kento Miyahara from yesterday is fucking awesome;

• Like 1

Oh man! Miyuki Takase and Ayama Sasamura decide to beat the fuck out of each other in a Pro Wrestling WAVE match.  Takase you know will work STIFF but Sasamura is pretty surprising when she BRINGS IT!

======================

I've never seen Sonico before and cagematch,net says he is pretty much a Pacific Northwest guy but he is good here in with Speedball Mike Bailey.  He's really good making Bailey look like a killer.

====================

Black Terry and Ricky Marvin has to be someone I know's favorite tag team currently.

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen Ichiban before.  I have seen JD Drake.  This is pretty awesome.

======================

This is some goofball indie wrestling.  The Brick City Boyz have shown up on Dark a few times.  Air Show have commited to having flashy outfits, so they have my RESPECT!  The finish is totally awesome.

=====================

Star Fire and Therious are two luchadoras I would bring in to fill out Tay Conti's Reina de Reina and/or AEW Women's reign.  The other gals I will learn their names and know which is which through endless repetition of watching all the indie lucha libre that shows up on YouTube.

• Like 1

Ever since she was released from the WWE, Taya Valkyrie has been on FIRE!  Ava Lawless is good.  Taya beats the living crud out of her.  CANADA!

====================

So Remi Adetunji is going to be the best wrestler to come out of Great Britain.  Here, he tags with SALTY BRITISH BASTARD, Voodoo!  The best tag team in the UK, Westside Heat- James Toner and Smashing Mike- are also very awesome.

========================

I'm assuming that Molly Spartan is the best kept secret in Irish wrestling.  She is one half of the She Wolves and they are awesome.  

Doug Williams takes on former HEAT-UP! champion, Madd Dogg Maxx in a British rounds match.  This is good.

I love that Sobredosis has his name on his hinder so you can tell who is who!  And the other side has silver and gold masks so all you have is remeber the Spanish words for silver and gold.  And the match is really fucking crazy.

It's ActWres that I thought was going under but they keep showing up!

• Like 1

Freedoms uploaded the main event of their 18th June show in Yokohama, which saw Daisuke Masaoka, Jun Kasai, Takashi Sasaki & Tomoya Hirata vs the heel unit ERE & X. If you follow deathmatches you can tell who X is from the preview pic.

Anyway, despite being 8 deathmatch dudes this is in a venue where they don't do deathmatches so it's just a good fun match, not a lighttube in sight.

• Like 1

I don't know who this Adam Ryder guy is, but he appears to be the best Canadian indie guy- as he and Josh Alexander put on an epic battle.  Josh Alexander is so fucking awesome.

===================

It's more Alas de Oro and Alas de Plata!  They are quality indie technicos.  Leon Dorada is completely fucking insane.  Relampago and Imposible are quality rudos and Hijo del Alebrije is too spectacular to really be a rudo, be here we are.

=======================

You know who is a GREAT heel?  Alisha Edwards!  IMPACT! REALLY needs to push her as a conniving heel.  She is so great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

130 already, soon 150. 

SWA World Championship

Mayu vs the Spooder

Wonder of Stardom Championship

Tall Saya vs The Nationalist Maika

Then you get a reminder that Saya Kamatani is probably the best wrestler in the world.

• Like 1

It's a Pantera offspring against a Doctor Cerebro offspring and four other lunatics who kill themselves and those in the audience.  So it's great sleazy indie lucha libre.

===================

Junta Miyawaki, who took some of the biggest ass beatings in NOAH the last couple of years, is hanging out in Mexico with Takuma Fujiwara, a rookie from Dragon Gate.  It's cool to see Junta working lucha instead of being beaten to the point of non-recognition.

======================

This match is awesome from an arch-typical point of view.  It's the nice lunch ladies who would sneak you a free oatmeal cookie in the morning versus the EVIL lunch ladies who slopped your hash onto your tray.  They also try to kill the paying audience, a staple of quality sleazy indie lucha libre.

• Like 1

KiLynn King is the Queen of Florida! And Delaware!  Here, she defends the CCW title against Brazillian shooter type, Christie Jaynes!  This is good.  They need to put the NWA title on King.

========================

La Pandemia are good-looking swaggering Latin dudes who start the match off with a Fargo Strut.  Cerebro Negro is really really great.

According to cagematch.net, Junta Miyawaki and Takuma Fujiwara started their foreign foray into the world two weeks ago, so I guess this is their first singles match outside of Japan and Miyawaki appears to be having a blast in Mexico.

• Like 2

Aster Boy and Noisy Boy are two of the best highfliers in the indies.  El Hijo del Vikingo is the BEST HIGHFLIER IN THE WORLD.  This is the dream tag.  Toxin is awesome catching all of them.

Jordan Breaks and David Francisco grapple on the mat!  Jordan Breaks isn't actually related to Jim Breaks, but he wrestles on the mat like him and uses a Breaks Special for a finisher.  If only he could throw fits like Jim Breaks, he would take it to another level.

This is confusing.  Noisy Boy is your technico and he comes to the ring with a neck brace.  Puma De Oro mangles Aster Boy's leg prematch.  Then they have a match.  Noisy Boy is spectacular.

The Anarchist Arik Cannon vs Black Sexcellence Devon Monroe:

Also some talking and stuff. The referee has a Mullethawk.

And from the same channel:

Dante Martin vs Sonny Kiss, in a match-up that should be on TV.

Starboy Charlie vs Lee Moriarty.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

This match is fucking great.  Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu are a GREAT fucking ass stomping HOSS team.  Mayuki Takase is coming into her own as a tough as nails wrestler.  Mika Iwata might be ready to take the title off Big Hash.

======================

MORE JORDAN BREAKS!  He and Kieron Lacey go completely old World of Sport, which one expects from Jordon Breaks but youngster Lacey working the style is neat.  Vwery old school.

==========================

Oh man, DASH Chisako takes the nastiest bump to the back of her head on a botched suplex onto a table by Suzu Suzuki.  DASH, being the most insanely tough old broad on earth, finishes the match and does the postmatch angle.  Yeesh!

• Like 3

One for @DEANand his penchant for old school wrestling in 2022. Mayhem Pro is a small Australian fed that serves mostly as a vehicle for young guys to have their initial matches with a few Aussie veterans mixed in. This event runs in a small regional town called Colac, a few hours outside of Melbourne, the whole show is fun but the main event is where it's at with the local hero Sketch putting his career on the line against the champion and big city dickhead in JXT, with the two facing in a cage. Crowd is mostly really loud and excitable kids, along with a bunch of drunken country guys yelling abuse at the heels. Whether the show as a whole translates on video is another matter, but live this is one of my fave shows of 2022 and the main event is a lot of fun, the actions of JXT and his goons leading to the entire babyface roster wanting to beat the shit out of them is so old school and I loved it.

• Thanks 1

Oh man, this match is good.  For some reason, Ryo Mizunami and Ayame Sasamura have a strange chemistry and this is a hoot.  Mizunami makes Tomoka Anaba look like a total killer and then beats on her enough to make the finishing sequence with Yurika Oka looked like a finishing sequence.  Postmatch is how you set up a match for the belt between two up and coming neophytes.  So good.

=====================

Savannah Evans is truly starting to be the embodiment of what Gail Kim wants her KnockOuts division to be- big, STIFF! ass beating monsters.  Alisha Edwards is fucking GREAT as a heel but she is good here as a face, trying to beat back the tidal wave that is Evans.

=============================

This is an odd match.  I've seen Zoe Sager once or twice before.  Here she is in with Willow Nightengale.  Sager will do two really goodlooking things and then do one that looks like crap.  Someone needs to sit her down and talk to her because the good stuff looks really good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeadEffect said:

One for @DEANand his penchant for old school wrestling in 2022. Mayhem Pro is a small Australian fed that serves mostly as a vehicle for young guys to have their initial matches with a few Aussie veterans mixed in. This event runs in a small regional town called Colac, a few hours outside of Melbourne, the whole show is fun but the main event is where it's at with the local hero Sketch putting his career on the line against the champion and big city dickhead in JXT, with the two facing in a cage. Crowd is mostly really loud and excitable kids, along with a bunch of drunken country guys yelling abuse at the heels. Whether the show as a whole translates on video is another matter, but live this is one of my fave shows of 2022 and the main event is a lot of fun, the actions of JXT and his goons leading to the entire babyface roster wanting to beat the shit out of them is so old school and I loved it.

Who is this Natasha Valentine gal?  She's awesome.  She should be on IMPACT!

10 hours ago, DEAN said:

Who is this Natasha Valentine gal?  She's awesome.  She should be on IMPACT!

She's usually a valet but has made a lot of effort to improve when she does wrestle, kinda finding out who she is. That was far and away the best match she's ever had, the suplexes and shit talking won me over. She pops up every now and then the Death Match Down Under fed on IWTV.

• Like 2

There is sudden influx of good wrestling on YouTube, THUS I will annoyingly fill the thread with wrestling.  I am.... filled with shame.

Manami showboats her screaming.  Saori Anou showboats her sexiness.  It's a gimmick versus gimmick match with wads of real wrestling in between.  I wonder if Manami would get over in the US. She'd probably have to tone down the screaming.  Or maybe not.  US wrestling fans are weird.

It's Delilah Doom versus Savanna Stone on Santino Brothers show.  They are lately seen battling it out on Championship Wrestling from Hollywood in the funnest feud of trio of evil versus the trio of GOOD.  This match is a hoot.

==========================

It's motherfucking Bryan Keith versus motherfucking Josh Woods in a battle of Start The Fucking ROH TV Already.

• Like 1