DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Hey! Demus is back on the internet!  He and Ricky Marvin wrestle each other.  So, when AEW brings in Mexican mat guys to takesa on Zack Sabre Jr, they should bring in Judas El Traitor?  He hangs with Mexican mat man, Heddi Karaoui,  This is good.

=======================

I usually don't think about Alisha Edwards much.  She is the IMPACT! Knockout you send out there to put over anpther Knockout, a kind of Frankie Kazarian of the Knockouts Division.  BUT TURN HER HEEL AND SHE IS A HOOT!  Little Mean Kathleen is over in Massachussetts.

======================

This match is motherfucking GREAT!  WRESTLE FORCE!  Jay Joshua and Billy Haze are like the 15th best tag team on earth.  James Toner and  Smashing Mike are a good Rock and Roll Express to Joshua and Haze's FTR.  The little children of WRESTLE FORCE chanting "KICK HIM IN THE NUTS!" is adorable/unsettling.

Did I know that Lodi was still wrestling? Maybe??????

Anyway - here is wrestling Chase Emery who I guess is one of his trainees on a card that Cagematch didn't even know existed.

Lodi is older than me so I approve

• Like 2

Freelance has started doing this thing (well starting in that I only noticed today) of where they put up random matches from their trainees

This is everything from this year. (Almost none of these dudes have Cagematch or ProFightDB stubs yet)

Angel Escalera vs Ezio Orlandi (March 18)

- 2 pudgy dudes who do way more flexing than 2 pudgy dudes should do. Ezio may be doing a dancing gimmick. Angel looks like who would show up if you hired a Los Lothario look-a-like for your kid's birthday party. They throw a million clotheslines so onto Dean's radar they go. Angel makes Ezio's Trouble in Paradise look like the deadliest move in the world. He is definitely ahead of Ezio.

Sean Galway vs Aaron Payne (Feb 18)

- Do folks know there are other colors to choose from than black when designing their gear? Payne wears a mask to "honor the lucha libre tradition". His shredded jorts - not so much. Galway is a perfectly acceptable slimy heel that clearly has spent time working on being a good base so that is very much appreciated.

• Like 1

One (me) can forget sometimes that Saya Kamitani is possibly the best wrestler on earth.  Here, she wrestles Utami Hayashishita and it is fucking awesome.  KAIRI is back and MAN! she remembers how to bring Stardom-level Stiffness back.

========================

Black Terry against Black Warrior  and they take it to the mat and then Black Warrior hits Black Terry with a tire.  Ah, Mexico....

========================

Heather Reckless is tiny and spunky.  IMPACT! or AEW should sign her.  Missa Kate is doing strange things with her pants.

• Like 1

Oh man, this match is good.  Davienne, who is my favorite unsigned lady, is the least stiff working person in this.  The Renegade Twins really lay it in.  Ava Everett should be signed by everybody.  She is so good.

======================

THIS match is also really good.  Aster Boy is spectacular, but the best thing in this is Mafioso and Freelance do lots of Mexican submissions.   The Mummy hypnotizes everyone.  It's very odd.  Lucha Libre is awesome/unsettling.

======================

Hey! Danhausen wrestles for the first time since breaking his leg last Halloween.  He looks good.  I don't know if he is good enough to carry Hook to an extended match, but we will see.  Dan the Dad needs a more dad bod to truly pull off the gimmick.

This match is OLD SCHOOL.  Terry Gordy would be proud of Miranda.  KiLynn King can do everything in the ring.

==================

Oh man, this match is a blast!  Davienne is my favorite indie wrestler and this is the second match in a row where Alisha Edwards looks fucking great.  Edwards is now a tinier version of the Bunny.

=====================

Yuna Manase doesn't showboat her BOOBS in Ganbare, which is kinda of upsetting.  We had something great in TJPW.  Here she wrestles the Other ASUKA!

HOLY CRUD!  This match is good.  Chihiro Hashimoto and Mika Iwata are now battling it out as to who is best wrestler in the world.  Mayuki Takase and Yuu beat the hell out of each other.  The finish is truly awesome.

=======================

Darcy Stone is a bruiser.  Kira Chimera is a bruiser.  This match is bruising!  WRESTLE FORCE, DADDY!

=======================

Sol and Rey Halcon battle it out for most indie spectacular and HEY! Rey Halcon wins!

• Like 1

Oh here ya go.  DASH Chisako vs Ryo Mizunami is a fucking dog fight.  Ryo Mizunami beats the hell out of DASH Chisako.  DASH Chisako will punch you right in the face.

=====================

HEy!  It's Dragon Lee, Dralistico, Black Taurus, Flamita and Carlito!  And Marty Scurll!  I hope there were no inebriated 16 year olds in the building!  I see these guys are showing up in Mexico lately.

======================

RUSH and LA PARK fight all over the building.  Marco Corleone shows up and throws really great punches.

Michael Oku is the British indie guy who was in the 5 star match with Will Ospreay.  Nino Bryant is the NEW best guy to not have a cagematch profile!  This match is great.  The name of the library that is the Koruken Hall of British Indie wrestling is called the Mertons Art Space, London.

======================

Remi Adetuji is a new guy with an impressive offensive arsenal.  Connor Mills is a wiley veteran that can make his offense make sense.  THIS match is really good. WRESTLE FORCE!

======================

Tina San Antonio is from New York City!  NEW YORK CITY!?!  JC Storm has no cagematch profile but is good.

• Mason v Bam
  • Hoodfoot v Yoya
  • Big Vin v Brandon Kirk
  • Alec Price v Dyln McKay
  • YDNB v Jimmy/Sawyer
  • Reefer v Az v 2Hot v Archadia
  • Mathers v Axton
  • Jah v Manders
  • Like 1

Hitamaru Sasaki & Kodai Nozaki (Kyushu Pro) vs Minoru Tanaka & Soma Watanabe (GLEAT) in a UWF-style match.

Found this because I was looking for new matches with ultimate beefy boy Nozaki.

Edited by Control
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Control said:

Hitamaru Sasaki & Kodai Nozaki (Kyushu Pro) vs Minoru Tanaka & Soma Watanabe (GLEAT) in a UWF-style match.

Found this because I was looking for new matches with ultimate beefy boy Nozaki.

Nozaki might be my favorite fat boy.

• Like 1

This is your basic Nakajima vs Shiozaki match.  Go chops Nakajima.  Nakajima kicks Go.  It's great!

=============

Ayame Sasumura is a good little wrestler.  Manami is the future of Sendai Girls.  Manami is louder and more annoying in this match, but she is also wrestling at a higher level in this match.  

===============

GAINA is my second favorite fat boy in Kyushu Pro.  Here, he takes on Genkai for the belt!  Genkai is the Christian/Frankie Kazarian/Matt Sydel/ Trent Barretta of Kyushu Pro.

Yuka Sakazaki was in this match 12 hours ago and is in the US now?  She must have jumped on a plane in her ring gear.  Mizuki looks really good in this, bringing the fighting spirit towards the end.  Hikaru Noa and Nao Kakuta (I did not have to look them up! REALLY!.... really....) aren't evil as much mischievous.  This is good.

====================

I love this Kyushu Pro vs GLEAT UWF feud.  This seems to point to Soma Watanabe, GLEAT young upstart, versus Hitamaur Sasaki, Kyushu Pro 42 year old shooter man.  Minoru Suzuki  is in his 2662nd match with this.  He is channeling his BattlARTS beginnings in this.

====================

Yurika Oka is the OTHER future of Sendai Girls, along with Manami.  Kanon is still developing into a better pro wrestler.  Here she wrestles MARVELOUS's Maria, who is perfectly fine.

18 hours ago, nofuture said:

First of the two matches Best Friends partners face off before Fujimoto goes on an extended hiatus.

For a couple of best friends they sure do beat the hell out of each other.  Arisa Nakajima will kick you right in the face.

On 5/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, nofuture said:

First of the two matches Best Friends partners face off before Fujimoto goes on an extended hiatus.

I can't recommend this enough. BEST FRIENDS BEAT THE EVER LOVING TAR OUT OF ONE ANOTHER! is maybe my favourite archetype in wrestling. It's just violence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kevin Blackwood and Vinnie Massaro beat each other up!  And we get to watch!

==================

Rey Halcón is prolly the best indie rudo now that Dragon Bane and Alpha Wolf are currently in NOAH.  Spider Fly is spectacular enough to quench your highspot lust.

=====================

IT'S MICROMAN, THE MOST OVER WRESTLER IN MLW!  Here he is in Mexico being towered over by El Guapito.

Slight spamming of the thread because this is the last three matches on my To Watch Later list!  Hell yeah!

Marina Shafir is a unique pro wrestler.  Alex Gracia is a temporarily forgotten wrestler who is really good.  Gracia hangs with Shafir on the mat.  Gracia should hang out in Texas more?  I dunno.

=================

Shootstyle Lady Frost is neat.  Vita VonStarr is an ROH Closing Down And Will Probably Not Resign Them Now victim.

=====================

La Momia is showing up all over the internet these days.  When tagging with Aster Boy and Freelance, that is when you want to watch the match.  Puma De Oro is your rising rudo.  Cerebro Negro Jr is a technico.  Strange.

I'm sure someone (Blue Dragon) can explain the beef between Maki Ito and Rika Tatsumi is, but it makes this match super awesome because they are tagging together.  Shoko Nakajima's hair looks super spunky.  Maki Ito is fucking awesome.

===================

YESSS! MORE GLEAT! This is the whole 5/3 card. Akane Fujita is on this.  BULK ORCHESTRA!  Shigehiro Irie battles the awesome boots of Shimatani.  So great.

=======================

When did Ava White surpass Alex Windsor as best unsigned woman in the UK?  But she did and here you go.