DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Jay Lethal vs Logan Easton Laroux from VCW last month

I hate wrestling but I haven't seen Logan Easton Laroux in a month of Sundays so I am excited about this.

• Like 1

Stardom streamed their opening match this morning.  Rina is a 15 year old prodigy.  I can't even imagine how good she will be when she turns 20.  Hanan is, by my calculations, the third best 17 year old in the world, behind Manami and Billy Starks.  This is good.

===================

Oh man, Rache Chanel is soooo made for the Kncokouts division.  She will so lay it in and she and Giselle Shaw beat the hell out of each other for a few minutes.  They should sign Chanel yesterday.

========================

Three days, three Chantoya matches.  She dresses in her Colega Pro sleazier outfit.  She then channels Rikishi and teenage boys across Japan go blind.  Chantoya is developing into a true powerhouse this week.  Momoka Hanazono is cutting back to twice a month in GLEAT because of school, so I guess she is skipping class to wrestle in Colega.

• Like 2

Hey! It's Damien 666 with his son, Bestia 666!  It's Mecha Wolf and Ricky Marvin! It's Puma Ki... JIMINY CRICKETS!  THAT GUY IS NINE FEET TALL!

=====================

I'm all for Stardom streaming the first match on the card live because the opening match from Stardom is better than the main event of 80 percent of promotions.  Two days, two Hanan matches!  She wrestles a gal 14 years her senior but two less years experience in Mai Sakurai.  This is good.

=========================

Two of the young lions of British indie wrestling, Kieron Lacey and Mark Trew, battle it out.  Mark Trew is like he was created by Dickens.  He talks like Billy Bragg sings.  WRESTLE FORCE!

This is cross posted because it has about everything I look for in great lucha libre- blood, hate, crushing topes, elegant oratory about the memory of your father.  Yep, this has it all.

=============================

This is also a bloodbath, but the key here is that EL HIJO DEL ALEBRIJE IS MOTHERFUCKING INSANE,  He does one tope where he lands upside down directly on his head.  Dick Angelo hits a fucking amazing Ciclon Ramirez-level big guy tope that just fucking CRUSHES EHDA.  The seconds do cameo lunatic topes.  Just a great spectacle.  What a great day for grimy indie lucha libre.

================================

While we wait for the Marty Scurll vs Travis Banks final of the CYN Junior heavyweight tournament, we can watch him take it to the mat with both Dr Cerebro and the secret best luchador alive, Cerebro Negro.  Someone will now tell me what horrible things Action Jackson has done.  Dr Cerebro's finisher is the nastiest thing you will see this week.

JIMINY CHRISTMAS, THIS MATCH IS AWESOME.  I've never really noticed AZM much before but she is fucking unreal in this match.  Starlight Kid is also awesome.  AZM's finisher is soooo fucking good.

======================

KM Kevin Matthews had a little run in IMPACT! three years ago.  Here, he and Jay Lethal bring a combined 43 years of experience into the ring.  It's good like every Jay Lethal match.

==========================

Chelsea Green should jump to AEW and she and Britt Baker (DMD) should do a Batten Twins gimmick.  I still cannot believe Kenzie Paige is only 20 years old.  Evil Chelsea is a joy forever.

• Like 1

What we really want is the Suge D vs Trish Adora title match from the week after. But this tag match will do, for now.

Marina Tucker is awesome as the out of control heel former champ trying to get her belt back.  KiLynn King is awesome as monster she can't beat.  This leads up to their upcoming cage match.

============================

Oh man, this match is great.  Jay Joshua is a revelation in this.  Smashing Mike brings out the inner shooter in himself to combat the World of Sport offense of Jay Joshua.  This is fucking awesome.  TREMENDOUS!

Chanyota is such a budding Tura Satana from Faster, Pussycat, Kill Kill!  It might be the black leather.  It might be that she is a powerhouse just starting to understand her power.  Bambi is a stiffworking Edith Massie. Momoka Hanazono and the ASTOUNDINGLY indie Haruka Aiwaka are your victims.

This match is good.  It's the ladies offshoot of grimy indie/DDT stepchild Ganbare Pro Wrestling.  Maya Yukihi detached herself from Ice Ribbon and detached herself from DECENT PANTS!  I AM PEE PAW!  Moeka Haruhi was in NEO and J'd (!) so she has been around the block.  Yuna Manase is feisty as usual.

Hey!  It's been a big week for Delmi Exo.  First, I watched a match she had with Masha Slamovich and here she wrestles Viva Van.  Viva Van is my new favorite wrestler because her entrance music is ROCK AND ROLL CRAZY NIGHTS by motherfucking LOUDNESS!  WEE AAARE THE HEROOOS TONIGHT!  The actual match is pretty good.

Kira Chimera continues her slow climb to eventually signing with the Knockouts division. Safire Reed IS TEN!  I'M TEN!  Wrestle Force is awesome.  I think my favorite promotions go like this: AEW/IMPACT!/STARDOM/ DDT/ SENDAI GIRLS/ WWE/ WRESTLE FORCE/IWRG/AAA.  Safire Reed lays it in for a tiny child.  Actually, Safire Reed is fucking awesome when she hits a gnarley Released German.  WHAT A FINISH!

I checked the DVDVR Youtube account for legit the first time in 2 years... What does that mean? Your guess is as good as mine.

Here is some of the random recentish shit in the recommended videos.

Shane Strickland vs LJ Cleary vs The OJMO Vs Robbie X - Over the Top Wrestling (3/12/22)

----------------------

Dirty Money vs. Brandon Scott - No DQ

This is from the same VCW show that the above Jay Lethal/LEL match was on

---------------------

Mascara Dorada vs Gringo Loco - GCW "Coldest Winter" (2/26/22)

• Like 1

Hey, it's AEW Dark superstar Toa Liona.  He's really awesome when spotted in the wild.  MAW is booked as shittily as most other indies.

===========================

Dani Mo shows up alot on indie wrestling YouTube and she's good.  I've only seen Christina Marie I think twice before.  She's kind of a powerhouse.  I'd dig seeing her more often on indie wrestling YouTube.

============================

I think I've seen Stephen Wolf before.  He's good.  This is the first time I've seen Ying Moua and he's good.  This is really good.  Your finish is annoyingly overbooked,  INDIES!

Hey!  Hyan is back in Texas,  She has been taking these extended excursions to the UK.  This is Zelo Pro from yesterday, running in Fort Worth.  Here, she is wrestling Shazza McKenzie, who debuted in Mission Pro today, so expect her to show up on Dark soon.  Before this, there is a good Rachel Ellering match against Alex Gracia, who I haven;t seen in a while.  After this is Davey Richards vs Simon Gotch, who I haven;t seen since he parted ways with Contra.

==================

Hell Boy is your good hand.  Sol is spectacular but is smoked in this match by Aguila Roja.  This looks like it was a fun night out with the family.

======================

Zoe Sager is a Canadian lady who was trained by Lance Storm and has been wrestling for 3 years, according to cagematch.net.  Gigi Rey is a Canadian lady missing a cagematch.net profile.  This is good if baffling in spots.

Dralístico and Dragón Lee join four fat guys in a match that revolved around Dragon Lee and a fat guy punching each other in the face.  This is fun.

======================

The man who trained every wrestler on earth, Skayde, takes it the mat with universally hated New Zealander, Travis Banks.

=======================

Two good luchadoras from the enigmatic and Juventud-based X-LAW promotion.  Reina Dorada seems to be the snazzier of the two, though Gema Andrade is wackier.

It's your Actual ROH World Women's Champion, Deonna Purrazzo!  In against Texas mainstay, Vert Vixen.  TK really needs to build up Purrazzo vs Martinez like they built up the Briscoes vs FTR.  Remember how good the Rok-C/Purrazzo title match was?  This could be as good, but on a bigger platform.

Aster Boy is the highflying darling of the lucha indies.  Yorvak is poor man's Drago sort of.  This is for a IWRG belt and it's really good.  Aster Boy takes a beating on his shoulder and Yorvak crushes his shoulder.  Y'know, pro wrestling stuff.

==============================

I was reading up on MLW superstar, Aramis, on cagematch.net.  He is 23 years old.  He's been wrestling for ELEVEN years.  Lokillo is a DTU-specific wrestler, which is odd.  He's good.  This match is good.

Jesus Christ, this match is good.  Natsupoi is the best woman wrestler?  Saya Kamitani is the best woman wrestler?  This is awesome.

======================

Fuego del Sol takes on the Fuego del Sol of ROH, Ninja Mack!  I await the dream ROH match- Fuego del Sol/Ninja Mack/Cheeseburger vs the Gates of Agony!  BOOK IT, TK!

Mexican mat master vs New Zealand Pariah mat master- Dr Cerebro vs Travis Banks for the belt!  Dr Cerebro's finisher is horrendously gnarly.

• Like 2

Cerebro Negro  is really, really, really good.  Here, he and Dragon Bane have a great match, mostly because Cerebro Negro is so fucking great.

===========================

Caballero de Plata is here for the ladies.  This is the beginning of what irritates Hell Boy.  They totally try to kill everyone who paid to get in and it's awesome.

Sooner or later, Dragon Bane and Alpha Wolf are showing up in NOAH.  Until then enjoy this trios match!

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Main event from Seadlinnng show last week.

You know what's really great?  Arisa Nakajima and Mayuki Takase beating the living dogshit out of each other.  That's fucking great.

Alex Windsor is prolly the best British indie gal.  If TK wanted to do a female Blackpool Combat Club with Jamie Hayter and Toni Storm, Windsor would be a good third.  LAura DeMatteo is the Matt Sydel of the women's British indie scene.

=======================

Kanon is getting so good so quick.  Here she hangs on the mat with Joshi's secret neato wrestler, Madaleine.  Madaleine makes fun expressions.

=========================

I don't think I've seen Matt Walters before but he is a salty British BASTARD!  Bullit, Karim Brigante and Jordan Saeed I seen before and they all rule.  WRESTLE FORCE!

16 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

Vickie Guerrerro is so awesome.  Man, Dragon Lee is fucking spectacular- even if he did cut his arm wide open on that tope.  FTR were playing to the back of the back of the back of the back of the room.  So great.