DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

On 3/12/2022 at 9:27 PM, DEAN said:

Miyu Amasaki is impressive, though Hayashishita gave her waaay too much.  It was good seeing Saya Iida wrestle again though she did nearly cripple AOI with that finisher.  Iida versus Tomoka Inaba woiuld be fun.  The two most impressive were MARAI and Haruka Umesaki.  MARAI and Saya Kamitani looked great together in the ring.  Umesaki tagging with a 15 year old kinda gave away the finish, though that was the funnest match.  SLK! was in the ring 90% of the match, because Ruaka is... limited.

The match was more about SLK anyways as she was the one that pushed for it story wise. Ruaka actually worked a good portion of Young OED's artist match against MaiHimePoi. It was good so hopefully it will get an episode on We Are Stardom.

• Like 1

It's a DDT eight-man and it's good and REALLY confusing.  I guess over the toprope is an elimination.  I think it's sort of a Royal Rumble.  Roll with it.  Its good.  Jun Akiyama, Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno, Tatsyu Endo and some guys they are trying to get over.

======================

How have I missed Travis Banks' career so completely?  Cerebro Negro is really great about making a match like this feel all intense and meaningful.  It's hard to explain.  He is really great.

========================

Chris Ridgeway and three other guys have a high end British indie match.  IT's more like an Australian indie match actually- as I now can tell the difference!  YEAH!

28 minutes ago, DEAN said:

It's a DDT eight-man and it's good and REALLY confusing.  I guess over the toprope is an elimination.  I think it's sort of a Royal Rumble.  Roll with it.  Its good.  Jun Akiyama, Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno, Tatsyu Endo and some guys they are trying to get over.

Special Survivor Tag rules, another version of Captain Falls tags. The over top rope elimination part is available in FirePro games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

How have I missed Travis Banks' career so completely? 

Well, he got fired from NXT-UK and is blacklisted from the UK and USA indie circuits, because of Speaking Out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DEAN said:

How have I missed Travis Banks' career so completely? 

He's a good wrestler and had done some great work, but unfortunately that's far offset by the fact that he's an abusive shitbag of a bloke that got caught out being a piece of shit and a lot of people have gone scorched Earth on removing him from indy scenes. I don't know about the UK as much, but in Australia and his native NZ, despite having wrestled for years he no longer exists.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeadEffect said:

He's a good wrestler and had done some great work, but unfortunately that's far offset by the fact that he's an abusive shitbag of a bloke that got caught out being a piece of shit and a lot of people have gone scorched Earth on removing him from indy scenes. I don't know about the UK as much, but in Australia and his native NZ, despite having wrestled for years he no longer exists.

Yes, he's not appeared in the UK at all since NXTUK kicked him to the curb way back, which is why he's turned up in Mexico now. I know he did a date for Bandido's promotion last year & they got absolute pelters for it on social media which I guess has more impact on them because Bandido works in the US a lot. So they put him under a mask & people recognised him immediately because I think he was wearing the same gear, which is amazing really, so that Big Lucha bridge must be burnt now.

Away from bad people, GLEAT have just finished streaming their most recent show, G Prowrestling Ver.19 so it should be available as a VOD now.

Thought that the whole show was fun but for me the standout watch was a UWF Rules match between Soma Watanabe & Seichi Ikemoto, who is an old MMA guy that appeared on a couple of Pride Bushido & Dream shows way back when those promotions existed. It reminded me of watching early Pancrase with the heavy palm strikes, though this was obviously a work (as opposed to Pancrase being only a work some of the time).

14 minutes ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

Yes, he's not appeared in the UK at all since NXTUK kicked him to the curb way back, which is why he's turned up in Mexico now. I know he did a date for Bandido's promotion last year & they got absolute pelters for it on social media which I guess has more impact on them because Bandido works in the US a lot. So they put him under a mask & people recognised him immediately because I think he was wearing the same gear, which is amazing really, so that Big Lucha bridge must be burnt now.

Away from bad people, GLEAT have just finished streaming their most recent show, G Prowrestling Ver.19 so it should be available as a VOD now.

Thought that the whole show was fun but for me the standout watch was a UWF Rules match between Soma Watanabe & Seichi Ikemoto, who is an old MMA guy that appeared on a couple of Pride Bushido & Dream shows way back when those promotions existed. It reminded me of watching early Pancrase with the heavy palm strikes, though this was obviously a work (as opposed to Pancrase being only a work some of the time).

I'm watching it now.  I was like, "Oh cagematch is wrong.  They didn't recognize Minoru Tanaka and called him Seichi Ikemoto."  Then I looked closer.  Ikemoto is Minoru Tanaka's seedy cousin.  Tomoka Inaba is all over the internet recently and we all rejoice.  Nobuhiro Shimatani has new boots and they are SOMEHOW more awesome.  EL LINDAMAN!

Maki Ito has turned into the best wrestler in Tokyo Joshi Pro.  WHO KNEW?!?  Here, she is wrestling Hikari Noa for the International Princess title and it's like an NWA territory match.  They trade a bunch submissions and it's really methodical and deeply psychological  and stuff.  This is good.

======================

NIC are the Daddy Magic/ Cool Hand Ang of the British indies- your basic good wrestlers.  Smashing Mike and James Toner are fiery babyfaces.  For the Wrestle Force tag titles.  This is also more of an Aussie-style indie tag match.

=====================

Kanon takes on Ayame Sasamura again.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, I was reading the cagematch.net match history for Mizuki and her debut match was a tag match against fucking Shinobu Kandori and Takako Inoue.  Having survived THAT, ten years later, she wrestles the stiffest working and second best wrestler in TJPW,  Miyu Yamashita.  This match is fucking great.

====================

Soon they will be wrestling in NOAH, putting over El Samurai and Kendo Ka Shin or something.  Until then, it's Dragon Bane and Alpha Wolf killing paying customers in the front row in Mexico.

======================

So Scarlet Bordeaux can actually wrestle?  WHO KNEW?!?  I thought she was just the good lookin' gal who accompanied Killer/Karrion/Kevin Kross to the ring and showboated her butt.   Here, against HArley Cameron,  she lays it in, looks great, and one can only wonder if she had to wrestle more, would she be known for her ringwork.  Same way for Gia Miller, who got the job as interviewer on IMPACT! by being Ace Austin's girlfriend, but who is really fun as a Southern heel when wrestling.

• Like 1

From the superfun Coastal Championship Wrestling out of Florida, it's KiLynn King versus Jamie Lynn Senegal.  Postmatch, Marina Tucker is awesome in a pull apart.

=======================

It's Nick Aldis against Jonathan Greshem in a SUPER BOUT!  For the ROH belt!

======================

More CCW.  It's Marina Tucker, who is quite the indie bruiser, against AEW Dark all-star, Shalonce Royal.  Royal shows a lot more athleetasism in the indies than she does on Dark.  They really fucking lay it in.  Shalonce Royal is awesome.

A lot of wrestling came out so I WILL SPAM THE THREAD!

This match is a cool match-up.  Mickie Knuckles was going to Impact for a minute there back in the day.  Deonna Purrazzo is tough as nails and a better wrestler, so it makes for a cool style clash.

============================

IT's that TJPW rookie I read about today on the board.  She is Juria Nagano.  Suzume wears the beehive get up.

========================

It's Hikaru Shida's first match in Japan in 2 years.  Hikari Noa is not impressed with her international stardom!  They didn't get around to showing the finish.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, DEAN said:

Oh man, this Failed Idol vs Successful Idol feud is FUCKING AWESOME.  A pissed off and annoyed Maki Ito is the best version of Maki Itoh.  So fucking great.

Both Yuka and Maki are better at setting up their hammerlock spots than Andrade is.

Edited by Ace
  • Like 1

Madi Wrenkowski and Rache Chanel are an awesome tagteam.  This match against the Renegade twins is crazy.

===========================

Hey!  Pro Wrestling WAVE streamed their elimination match against Prominence.  Suzu Suzuki against Sakura Hirota is somehow better than Risa Sera against Nagisa Nozaki.

Momoka Hanazono is the regular lady wrestler in Colega Pro since everybody else wrestles somewhere else now.  Here, she wrestles Haruka Aikawa, who has had 28 matches listed in cagematch.net, 19 of which are in Secret Base, so she is THE MOST INDIE WRESTLER IN JAPAN.  This is very Colega Pro.

JCW (GCW's little sister) presents March Madnezz

• Billie Starkz vs Deona Purrazo
  • Charles Mason vs Grim Reefer
  • Cole Radrick vs Steve Maclin
  • Shazza McKenzie vs Edith Surreal
  • Bam Neely vs Slade
  • Alex Price vs Yoya
  • Scramble

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

Other than the under a minute match against Jade Cargill, I think this is the first match I've actually seen with Janai Kai.  Some of her offense looks good, some looks like crap.  Promise Braxton is just waiting for the call from AEW, NXT or IMPACT!

=======================

Star Fire is awesome.  She and India Sioux are a very hateful tagteam.  Aqua and Dulce Luna are fun.

===========================

IMPACT! needs to open a Japanese promotion and make Makoto and Rina Yamashita their tag champions.  This is Chanyota's THIRD match and she already looks good.  She is a powerhouse and she wrestlings in P.P.P.?   Seems like a bit of a waste.

• Like 1

Oh man, I love Prominence.  So beautiful, so hateful.  Risa Sera is so awesome.  Her and Arkane Fujita are such a good tag team.  The second match has Rina, the best 15 year old in Pro Wrestling.  Natsupoi hits a fucking magnificent Plancha Suicida.  She also takes all of the offense that a 15 year old can muster.  Himeka is great being very large and very powerful, the Rhea Ripley of Stardom.  Postmatch, Natsupoi and SLK continue their feud until KAIRI shows up and continues THEIR feud.  Starlight Kid is up in everybody's business,

====================

This whole show is fucking crazy, but I cued it up to the main event because it has Villano 3 Jr, Black Taurus, Puma King and Sam Adonis.  This match is totally wild. LA EMPRESA vs LOS MERCENARIOS! AAA~!

======================

SAKI owns Colors, so SHE should be the absolute Queen of the Indies, but here she is in the bizarre Pro Wrestling Magic Box against Ancham from Shinshyu Girls Pro Wrestling and you wanna see some seedy indie stuff, check out her cagematch.net match list.  She's pretty good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Control said:

Kengo vs Genkai vs GAINA for the Kyushu Pro title.

Since it is Kyushu Pro, I will stoop to watch a Triple Threat match/

• Like 2

NEW GLEAT!  From this morning!  Hayato Tamura is fucking awesome.  BULK ORCHESTRA~!  This the first Yappy match I've seen, I think.  She's good and a big gal.  Team Lady Gleat is really coming into their own- as the addition of Madeliene adds some zippiness to the meat and potatoes style of Miyagi.  Postmatch,  Miyagi and Nanae Takahashi yell at each other.  I assume this will end up with Arisa Nakajima slaughtering every member of Team Lady GLEAT.  Masato Koshino from Pro Wrestling Basara looks good standing there and looks good in the ring clotheslining Leo Isaac.  Tiida is in GLEAT for a reason.  Main event is wild.

=======================

Two days, two Chanyota matches.  This is from yesterday.  Chanyota and Makoto are a good tagteam, as Makoto works the body of the match and Chanyota comes in and does some powermoves.  Two days, two Risa Sera matches!  Maya Yuhiki is good.  P,P,P, is your Japanese indie wonderland.

=========================

Hyan is fucking great.  Here she drags the best match that Ava White is capable of.  In the Wrestling Library, the 2300/ECW arena of England.

James Pharrell is your Adam Cole of WRESTLE FORCE!  Karim Brigante is your Jay Lethal of WRESTLE FORCE!  This match is good.

==========================

Two days, two Yuta Yuhiki matches!  I love the sadistic face she makes when breaking down Saki Akia.  The best Saki Akia match I've seen, all because of Yuhiki.

So Daimonji, Ryoji Sai and Koji Doi join three EVEN MORE INDIE guys in the P.P.P. main event.  It is a hoot.

• Like 1

Jody Threat is really good.  She should be signed by someone, either IMPACT, AEW, NXT or ROH.  She brings out the best of Janai Kai and this match is super good.

======================

This NOAH 8 man tag match runs the gauntlet- in that motherfucking Hideki Suzuki is on the same team as the completely worthless Kendo Ka Shin.  Sugiura and Katsuhiko Nakajima beat the crap out of each other to make this awesome.

=========================

Danny Haines is the 1995 ECW Mikey Whipwreck of WRESTLE FORCE and Jordan Saeed might be the best guy in the British indies.  Rocco Garzya showboats his profuse body hair.