DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

NEW GLEAT~!  YAY!  Takanori Ito is on a tear and he might be the best guy in GLEAT.  The ladies match is good and it introduces Ice Ribbon big gal, Kaho Matsushita, who is gigantic by Ice Ribbon standards (She weighs 123 pounds!)  Michiko Miyagi continues to show on  my computer screen and she is still perfectly fine.  The main event is the best Minoru Tanaka I've seen in 15ish years because T-Hawk actually makes Tanaka's offense look like it looked in BattlARTS.  Nobuhiro Shimitani continues to have the greatest boots in the history of wrestling.  Yes, even better than Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer's furry boots.  G-REX~!

=================

James Toner and Smashing Mike take on the two probably breakout guys from the UK, Michael Oku and Conner Mills.  This is waaaaay fun.

=====================

Tadasuke and Diasuke Harada have a good NOAH Junior heavyweight match.

• Like 2

If you like your lucha violent and sloppy- and who doesn't?- dig this.  El Hijo de Fishman is your all star.

================================

Okay, Manami made me actually laugh out loud at SPAZZ ATTACK!  Saori Anou is 31 and still young enough to be my daughter! She makes me feel very old!  Oh yeah, Chihiro Hashimoto is in this.

===================================

PRO WRESTLING HEAT-UP hoss, Daisuke Kanehira, wrestles in Colega Pro and he beats the crap out of Joji Otani.

• Like 1

Violence is Forever (Kevin Ku & Dominic Garrini) vs Yokai (Yoya & Janai Kai)

Pretty Boy Smooth & Lee Moriarty vs a Tribe Called Catch (Darius Lockhart & Suge D)

• Like 2

Thunder Rosa is on a roll.  Here, she goes long with La Rosa Negra.  Rosa decides to work stiff because whether you do or don't,  Rosa Negra is going to beat the hell out of you.  Lacks hate, but that's fine.

===================

Konosuke Takashita and Yuki Ueno are the best tag team in DDT and one of the best tag teams in wrestling.  Takeshita crimps and spindles Hideki Okatani.  Higuchi utilizes the claw.  This is your tagteam wrestling the way you love it.

=======================

Tetsuyo Endo and Jun Akiyama are the second best tag team in DDT.  KAzuki Hirata is too small and not MAN enough to hang with Jun Akiyama and they base the match around that.  Shuji Kondo supplies the BEEF!

• Like 1

Miyuki Takase in Sendai Girls is paying off in spades.  She is all fiery and spunky in her babyface comeback to the heel beatdown by DASH Chisako and Hiroyo Matsumoto.  Mika Iwata kicks ass.

==================

Davienne and Sierra are possibly the best tag team in the independents and AEW should sign them and base a women's offshoot around them.  Here, they wrestle each other in Thunder Rosa's Mission Pro.  They are the new Judy Martin and Leilani Kai.

===================

Jordan Saeed is one of the best British indie guys and Matthew Nicholson does a shooter thingy.  STIFF!

• Like 1

KiLynn King versus Natalya Markova is kind of a dream match- in that it would be pretty high impact.  I'm not sure of the indie booking logic of having Killa Kate take Markova's place, but it's almost a lateral move.  This match is good.  Markova would have been better.

=======================

Shoko Nakajima finally showboats her kicky new hairdo!  This also has Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki and Marika Kobashi!  All stars!

========================

I dig Mazzerati.  She not physically impressive but wrestles bigger than she is successfully.  Madi Wrenkowski continued new intensity is separating her from the pack.

• Like 1

Shigehiro Irie is a Strongheart and wrestles in  GLEAT and All Japan and everywhere in Japan.  Keisuke Ishii is a guy in Ganbare, a red-headed stepchild of the Wrestle Universe.  Irie is dominant and ass stomping,  Ishii makes a fiery comeback!  This is surprisingly good.

======================

The Renegade Twins are being MENTORED by Thunder Rosa.  They are the tag champs of Rosa's promotion, Mission Pro.  I now think of the Renegade twins in relation to Thunder Rosa the way I think of the Headhunters in relation to Abdullah the Butcher and Eli and Jacob Blu in relation to Bruiser Brodie.  This is a trend that definately needs to come back.  Charlotte and Rachel need to start with the half face make-up!  DO IT!

==========================

SAKI is the new owner of GIRL'S PRO WRESTLING UNIT COLORS and Yuko Sakurai is wrestler in COLORS.  Here, they wrestle in the weird ass Japanese Indie, Pro Wrestling Magic Box.  This is pretty good.  Yuko Sakurai is pretty good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Arisa Nakajima vs Pure J's Hanako Nakamori for the Seadlinnng's Beyond the Sea title.

Nakamori is so good.  She seems to be wasting away in Pure-J.  Arisa Nakajima is so good; feel the Akira Hokuto vibe,

HOLY SHIT!  WATCH ALL OF THIS!  GLEAT G-REX FINAL IS FUCKING AWESOME.

=====================

Sol crushes his shoulders for your pleasure, and you find it pleasing....

SURPRISE! Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's..... THEKLA!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

HOLY SHIT!  WATCH ALL OF THIS!  GLEAT G-REX FINAL IS FUCKING AWESOME.

=====================

Sol crushes his shoulders for your pleasure, and you find it pleasing....

SURPRISE! Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's..... THEKLA!

GLEAT is great. Viva La GLEAT!

• Thanks 1

Maki Ito was the most improved wrestler of 2021.  Here she is wrestling her best friend.

This is the second Troy Hollywood match I've seen.  Both are against two of the best in-ring guys, Jay Lethal first, and here, Anthony Greene.  Anthony Greene is fucking great.

=========================

The first thing I look for in non-blood-based lucha libre is a good assault on the crowd.  Watch Apollo Estrada Jr, Billy Jones, and Chris Stone Jr crush the first three rows with a triple topes.  YAAAAY!  CRUSHEM!  Your technicos are spectacular also.

• Like 1

Hey!  Aster Boy has his first GREAT MATCH.  Aster Boy is a grimy indie highflier who is the reason you watch a crappy trios match.  Here, he and Tonalli have an AWESOME lucha blood match.  The overtear each others masks and the blood BECOMES the masks.  SOOO MUCH BLOOD.  And the match is fucking great.

===========================

Miu Watanabe is my new favorite TJPW wrestler.  I love that she is physically an average little joshi gal, but her offense is all about power moves.  It's the MAX HEART tag tournament final!  Rika Tatsumi is your star. Tenma is retiring!

=============================

Will Ospreay and Aussie Open are fucking awesome.  The three guys they wrestle are really good too.

• Like 2

Tomoka Inaba and Yurika Oka are a-feudin'!  And it's good!  For the belt!

========================

Kieron Lacey is the future of British wrestling.  Here, he is wrestling Oli Peace (who runs WrestleForce! the good British promotion!)

========================

Shoko Nakajima showboats her spritely pixie cut against the graduating Marika Kobashi.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 9:23 AM, DEAN said:

=============================

Will Ospreay and Aussie Open are fucking awesome.  The three guys they wrestle are really good too.

I hope you're not just saying this. 

I haven't seen Osprey in a year or more, but he always had a way of convincing me he's a dangerous S.O.B. 

For his level of high-flyer, I'm surprised his matches always deliver more than his music videos or IG clip-packages.

• Like 1

Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu are so fucking awesome as a tagteam.  The beat a mountain of heat onto Mika Iwata and up-and-coming Manami so that their comebacks are awe-inspiring and then heartbreaking.  Manami is so custom built to take Hashimoto/Yuu assbeating.  She is going to be great very soon.  Mika Iwata is awesome.  Hashimoto is prolly the best in the world.

========================

Kazuki Hirata is in over his head and his tag partner, Shuji Kondo, will not let him quit.  Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno beat the living dogshit out of him and we get to watch!  FUN!

Lufisto shows back up on the internet and she rules!  Vita Vonstar is very good and seems to treading water since ROH went under.

• Like 3

Super Crazy is- according to WikiPedia- is 48 years old and debuted in 1988, when he was 15.  He showed up last year on the internet in an indie in Mississippi, I think.  I think he lives there now or something.  Here he is popping up in NOAH to wrestle against Daisuke Harada for the Junior heavyweight belt.  It's good.

======================

Thunder Rosa protegees, the Renegade Twins, are Capitol Championship Wrestling and Mission Pro champions!  I assume they will start wearing Thunder Rosa make-up soon.  Here they take on Riley Shepherd, the Gladiator of the Geeks!  And some other lady.

=======================

It's Mahiro Kiryu and Arisu Endo!  I know that just by looking at them!  I didn't have to look them both up on Cagematch.net!  Just because I don't know... doesn't mean I'm lying.  Ehh, take a look at them.

• Like 1