DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

Shupro's Pro-Wrestling Grand Prix 2022 preliminary results, voted by readers....

MVP: Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)
Best Bout: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay 8.18 (NJPW)
Women's MVP: Syuri (Stardom)
Best Tag / Unit: COSMIC ANGELS (Stardom)
Best Foreigner: Will Ospreay (NJPW)
Best Newcomer: Miyu Amasaki (Stardom)

• Like 1

Every time I look at results for Zero One and Big Japan, it always seems like they're doing shows in front of less than 100 people. Would it be worth it for All Japan to try and buy them out to beef up their roster, or is AJPW not even in a state where it could do that?

Bsckers buy other wrestling promotions and companies, so CyberAgent or Bushiroad or any other backer could buy BJW if they wanted to, Ii BJW was willing to sell.

AJPW wouldn't be able to hire the whole roster of BJW and their owners shouldn't take on another company. Also because of politics...the AJPW guys would matter more in the pecking order. Certain BJW guys would go elsewhere.

Even if BJW shrinks and then maybe dies, the promotion would be restarted up with a new operating company and with less wrestlers.

Shibata is now Successor of Fighting Spirit. Barnett is Inoki Ism.

Few more days and we will see where Kota and Jake Lee will end up in.

Next year should be better for NJPW business. 

The only notable show left of 2022 is the Stardom show. 

Forgot about DDT

from Purolove 

DDT "NEVER MIND 2022", 29.12.2022 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Dome City Hall

0. Hideki Okatani & Toi Kojima vs. Yuya Koroku & Kazuma Sumi
0. Minoru Fujita, KANON & MJ Paul vs. Masahiro Takanashi, Soma Takao & Antonio Honda
- Sanshiro Takagi vs. Takeshi Masada
- HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Yuji Hino & Yuki Ishida
- Pheromones vs. "Miyako & Ward" Pheromones Subjugation Allied Army ~ Dissolution & Pet Dogs vs. One Day Experience: Danshoku "Dandy" Dino, Yuki "Sexy" Iino, Yumehito "Fantastic" Imanari  & Kouju "Shining Ball" Takeda vs. Akito, Osamu Nishimura, Shinichiro Kawamatsu & Shunma Katsumata
- Special Tag Match: Saki Akai & Yuki Arai  vs. Saori Anou & Riko Kawahata
- Special Tag Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Yukio Naya vs. Daisuke Sekimoto  & RSP
- International 4 Way Match: Daisuke Sasaki vs. Chris Brookes vs. MAO vs. Cara Noir
- Special Singles Match: Shinya Aoki vs. Chihiro Hashimoto 
- KO-D Six Man Tag Team Title: Naruki Doi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata (c) vs. Tetsuya Endo, Kotaro Suzuki & Yusuke Okada
- DDT Extreme Title: Jun Akiyama (c) vs. Super Sasadango Machine
- KO-D Openweight Title: Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs. Yuki Ueno

The last GLEAT show of 2022

GLEAT "GLEAT VER.4", 30.12.2022
Tokyo Dome City Hall

1. Minoru Tanaka vs. Rionne Fujiwara
2. LIDET UWF Rules: Michiko Miyagi & Maya Fukuda vs. Mika Iwata  & Yura Suzuki
3. LIDET UWF Rules: Takanori Ito vs. Shinya Aoki
4. LIDET UWF Rules: Yu Iizuka vs. Tetsuya Izuchi
5. Soma Watanabe, Jack Cartwheel & Septimo Dragon vs. Jun Tonsho, Keiichi Sato & Gringo Loco
6. Quiet Storm vs. Hartley Jackson
7. Amazing Singles Match: CIMA vs. Luigi Primo
8. G-INFINITY Title, 3 Way Match: Hayato Tamura & Check Shimatani (c) vs. Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie vs. Flamita & YUTANI
9. Special Match: T-Hawk & Kaz Hayashi vs. SANADA  & BUSHI 
10. G-REX Title: El Lindaman (c) vs. Kaito Ishida

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red King said:

Shibata is now Successor of Fighting Spirit. Barnett is Inoki Ism.

Few more days and we will see where Kota and Jake Lee will end up in.

Next year should be better for NJPW business. 

The only notable show left of 2022 is the Stardom show. 

As badly as I want to see Jake in NJPW and feel that is where he'd fit best, my gut feeling is that he is Fujita's X for the NOAH Budokan show which is means I guess I'll have to watch NOAH again (just have to avoid the fanbase)

Ibushi I have no idea, 99% think he leaves NJPW and starts his own thing, but probably does Cyberfight & AEW things here and there. Is there an issue between Ibushi and Sanshiro Takagi? When Ibushi was having his meltdown on Twitter, I saw some people vaguely mention something but never really looked into it. 

11 minutes ago, Horangi said:

As badly as I want to see Jake in NJPW and feel that is where he'd fit best, my gut feeling is that he is Fujita's X for the NOAH Budokan show which is means I guess I'll have to watch NOAH again (just have to avoid the fanbase)

Ibushi I have no idea, 99% think he leaves NJPW and starts his own thing, but probably does Cyberfight & AEW things here and there. Is there an issue between Ibushi and Sanshiro Takagi? When Ibushi was having his meltdown on Twitter, I saw some people vaguely mention something but never really looked into it. 

Well Tanahashi and Zack want Jake In NJPW. I read from some site that Fumi Saito thinks 3 men will invade NJPW but I dunno if that's really true, so him and two new goons? Dunno.   Very small possible chance of Jake going to DDT, where Jun is these days. NJPW and NOAH and DDT are the places to go, certainly if he wants to get paid more than he did in AJPW. If Jake Lee goes to NOAH, he will replace someone in the pecking order due to his size and looks.

I rather have Kota work for NOAH instead. NOAH is the older men or seniors promotion anyways and Kota is soon 41.

• Hiroshi Tanahashi called Bullet Club the most important faction of the last 20 years: “That was the core four, Devitt, Fale, Anderson and Tama Tonga. I think from there it’s no exaggeration to say that BULLET CLUB is the most important faction of the last twenty years at least. Wherever you go overseas you still see fans in BULLET CLUB shirts, and all those people in the top slot over the years, Devitt to AJ to Kenny Omega to Jay White are really best of the best.”

Hiroshi Tanahashi's right.

NJPW army will always be there and United Empire is fine. LIJ debutted in 2015 and sells merch, and is not as old Suzuki Gun was and has Titan.  GOD became it's own thing outside of BC.  Suzuki Gun disbanded. Wonder what other unit they will change up in the future? I rather they bring back unit disbanding matches next time.

Odd how BC and Chaos both still exist. I remember watching Chaos during the Yukes era, Nakamura wanted to revive the strong style. 

From Purolove 

DDT "NEVER MIND 2022", 29.12.2022 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Dome City Hall
1,207 Fans - Super No Vacancy

0. Hideki Okatani & Toi Kojima besiegen Yuya Koroku & Kazuma Sumi (9:32) nach einem Diving Kneedrop von Okatani gegen Sumi.
0. Minoru Fujita, KANON & MJ Paul besiegen Masahiro Takanashi, Soma Takao & Antonio Honda (9:31) nach einem Cobra Twist von KANON gegen Honda-
1. Sanshiro Takagi besiegt Takeshi Masada (4:42) mit einem Texas Clover Hold.
2. HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi besiegen Yuji Hino & Yuki Ishida (10:08) nach dem Somato von HARASHIMA gegen Ishida.
3. Pheromones vs. "Miyako & Ward" Pheromones Subjugation Allied Army ~ Dissolution & Pet Dogs vs. One Day Experience: Danshoku "Dandy" Dino, Yuki "Sexy" Iino, Yumehito "Fantastic" Imanari  & Kouju "Shining Ball" Takeda besiegen Akito, Osamu Nishimura, Shinichiro Kawamatsu & Shunma Katsumata (16:20) als Iino Katsumata nach dem Badonka Donk pinnte.
4. Special Singles Match: Chihiro Hashimoto  besiegt Shinya Aoki (8:21) mit dem Albright.
5. Special Tag Match: Saki Akai & Yuki Arai  besiegen Saori Anou & Riko Kawahata (12:40) nach dem Quetzalcoatl von Akai gegen Kawahata.
6. KO-D Six Man Tag Team Title: Tetsuya Endo, Kotaro Suzuki & Yusuke Okada besuegeb Naruki Doi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata (c) (12:25) nach der Burning Star Press von Endo gegen Hirata - Titelwechsel.
7. DDT Extreme Title ~ Sassadango Machine, 45, if you can't lose weight, normal rules immediately! Special: Jun Akiyama (c) besiegt Super Sasadango Machine (2:30) mit einem Wrist-Clutch Exploider (1st defense).
8. Special Tag Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Yukio Naya besiegen Daisuke Sekimoto  & RSP (17:43) nach einem Backdrop von Naya gegen RSP.
9. International 4 Way Match: MAO besiegt Daisuke Sasaki, Chris Brookes & Cara Noir (13:22) mit einem Backslide gegen Brookes.
10. KO-D Openweight Title: Kazusada Higuchi (c) besiegt Yuki Ueno (27:57) mit einem Brain Claw Slam (5th defense),

Kazusada Higuchi is becoming the guy for DDT. His next challenger is Yuji Hino.

He actually changed it last year but it wasn't big news. The reason it is news now is because he was on a popular variety show earlier in the month and reintroduced himself as Razor Ramon Hot Guy. Part of the current gag is that he hasn't actually changed what he does, just that he has a more PC-name now.

AJP 

Possible 5 crowns match, the Triple Crown and World tags are the 5 crowns because of the 5 belts single the tag team wear.  So if Kento and T.Nomura win the World tags then it can happen. Last time was Suwama vs Shuji in 2020.

Information below is from Tokyo Sports, could be kayfabe fake story article that goes nowhere:

Suwama is mad at Kento for stealing that 5 crown gimmick. Suwama vows to do "Destroy the Triple Crown" match.

The Triple Crown used to be 3 separate titles before it was unified, then the 3 belts broke down in the 21st century then a new singular Triple Crown was introduced, then that belt became less shiny and small parts fell off over the years.

Fk0LZn3aUAAzQ5f?format=jpg&name=4096x409