DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

22 minutes ago, Control said:

That can’t be good.

I read speculation about little Omori, considering he’s close to Jake and also he got completely jobbed out in the junior tournament.

I think it is combination of politics and the new booking regime, and even maybe to save budget. 

It will force AJP probably to superpush certain remaining guys.  

AJPW went through Tenryu and co leaving, the NOAH/AJPW split and W-1  split, Zeus and Yuma leaving not so long ago, it's a negative tradition at this point.

• Like 1

Well, good luck to him. He’s tall and handsome—he should be able to make something of it.

If I were to guess others who are leaving, Maryuma to Osaka and Hokuto Omori following Jake make sense. 

Maybe this frees up some money and they hire the remaining W-1 castaways. Just hopefully not Kono, that dude sucks.

Irving is not that into AJP ever since Jun left. But he talks about it sometimes.

For the Triple Crown title scence, it all makes sense now why Kento was booked to defend his title against T.Omori and T.Nomura and why they made him the primary Ace again. And made Jake lose so fast at the Budokan. Dudes time was up.

Tajiri and Izangi are leaving AJP. I expect Tajiri to go to WWE to be with his friend Regal. Izangi will move to Osaka Pro. 

Pretty much proves Suwama is the booker to me since taking over from Tajiri.

19 hours ago, Red King said:

Tajiri and Izangi are leaving AJP. I expect Tajiri to go to WWE to be with his friend Regal. Izangi will move to Osaka Pro. 

Pretty much proves Suwama is the booker to me since taking over from Tajiri.

Jake is a big loss. These two aren’t. And I like Izanagi! But two over-the-hill juniors aren’t going to be missed in-ring.

Now, if Tajiri is taking the W-1 guys with him, that’s another thing. Losing Ashino and Honda right now would be bad.

Edited by Control
  • Like 1

They can slot Ashino into Jake’s place, and if Nomura is sticking around I’d push the hell out of him.

It would be nice if they could get back to regularly booking foreigners. I miss the days of Doering and Dylan James (if not the dude himself).

Edited by Control

Very sad to see the state BJW is in right now. Their refusal to trust foreigners or look at the big picture has resulted in a stale company, overtaken by Freedoms and barely scraping 300 fans at korakuen. Can’t see how much longer they can cling on

IGF 9 match card, all singles matches decided

Some matches are kickboxing, MMA, Ganryujima rules,

Shibata will wrestle at the upcoming IGF show vs Tom Lawlor in Modified UWF rules without head attacks.

https://news.goo.ne.jp/article/gsj/sports/gsj-20221214013.html

In  NJPW article Shibata was talking about the old strong style. On IGF's show he will show the strong style he can do. 

• Like 1

Tokyo Sports Pro Wrestling Grand Prix winners 

MVP: Kazuchika Okada NJPW
Best Bout: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay 8.18  NJPW
Best Tag: Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan  NJPW
Distinguished Service: Kento Miyahara AJPW
Fighting Spirit: The Great O-Khan  NJPW
Skill: El Lindaman (GLEAT)
Newcomer: Yuma Anzai AJPW
Women's Pro: Syuri Stardom
Honor Award: Antonio Inoki

• Like 2