DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

Should be noted N.Ogawa is retired since 2018.  His last match was against Daichi Hashimoto, who N.Ogawa beat by referee's decision (3:14).  In IGF on 2015  12, 31.

He could however do one last retirement match.

2024 is 10 years of AJPW's new LTD and since the new date of establishment. They probably will do something for 2024.

NOAH's was restarted in 2020.

Both are basically newborn company's carrying on their respective old history and promotion.

Edited by Red King

World & Super Jr. Tag League teams:

World Tag League:
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toru Yano
- Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
- Alex Coughlin & Gabriel Kidd
- Tetsuya Naito & SANADA
- Great-O-Khan & Aaron Henare
- Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher
- Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
- Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer 
- Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
- "King of Darkness" EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi

Super Jr. Tag League:
- Ryusuke Taguchi & Clark Connors
- KUSHIDA & Kevin Knight
- Tiger Mask & Robbie Eagles
- YOH & Lio Rush
- Alex Zayne & El Lindaman 
- BUSHI & Titan 
- TJP & Francesco Akira
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru & DOUKI
- Ace Austin  & Chris Bey 
- SHO & Dick Togo

Some fascinating potential matches particularly in the Junior Tag League. Hoping for Aussie Open to take the World Tag League of course. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Horangi said:

World & Super Jr. Tag League teams:

World Tag League:
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toru Yano
- Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
- Alex Coughlin & Gabriel Kidd
- Tetsuya Naito & SANADA
- Great-O-Khan & Aaron Henare
- Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher
- Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
- Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer 
- Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
- "King of Darkness" EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi

Super Jr. Tag League:
- Ryusuke Taguchi & Clark Connors
- KUSHIDA & Kevin Knight
- Tiger Mask & Robbie Eagles
- YOH & Lio Rush
- Alex Zayne & El Lindaman 
- BUSHI & Titan 
- TJP & Francesco Akira
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru & DOUKI
- Ace Austin  & Chris Bey 
- SHO & Dick Togo

Some fascinating potential matches particularly in the Junior Tag League. Hoping for Aussie Open to take the World Tag League of course. 

Zayne/Lindaman is my Dark Horse candidate for the Junior Tag League

From Purolove

Dradition "TATSUMI FUJINAMI 50TH ANNIVERSARY THE NEVER GIVE UP TOUR FINAL", 01.12.2022
Yoyogi National Stadium #2

1. History of Dradition: Yutaka Yoshie, Hisamaru Tajima, TAMURA  & Sanshu Tsubakichi vs. Nobuyuki Kurashima, MAZADA, Katsushi Takemura & Alexander Otsuka
2. DRAGON Invitational Match Vol.1: Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Masato Tanaka  & Masaaki Mochizuki  vs. Shiro Koshinaka, AKIRA & Jinsei Shinzaki 
3. Special Singles Match: Hiromu Takahashi  vs. LEONA
4. DRAGON Invitational Match Vol.2: Naomichi Marufuji , Daisuke Sekimoto  & Kengo Mashimo  vs. Kazusada Higuchi , KENSO & Yoshiki Inamura 
5. DRAGON Invitational Match Vol.3: Masakatsu Funaki, Zack Sabre Jr.  & Jake Lee  vs. Mitsuya Nagai, Tetsuya Naito  & Shingo Takagi 
6. Tatsumu Fujinami Debut 50th Anniversary Match FINAL: Hiroshi Tanahashi  vs. Tatsumi Fujinami

There was zero reaction for Nagata et al., a good reaction for Taichi/Kanemaru by the live crowd, and a GREAT reaction for SANADA/BUSHI (as great as clap crowd can be). Would not be against NJPW loaning SANADA to AJPW for a while, might give him some direction and freshen him up a bit. 

Trade him for Jake, I still selfishly dream of a Jake New Japan run.

• Like 1

They haven't announced the final line-up yet but Kaito Kiyomiya took part in the celebrity audition for the next edition of SASUKE (Ninja Warrior). He appears at around the 10:45 mark. Recently the show has been airing around the end of the year, with the taping sometime in November. Just before covid-19 hit they had been airing the show on New Year's Eve because they would air a live Final Stage from Yokohama. A friend made the final in 2019 and I went up to Yokohama to watch. That was the last time I went to Tokyo (or really anywhere north). Haven't really left my area since then.

Edited by lostinube

N.Ogawa is the General Director of Reiwa Inoki Army. Somebody from RIZIN may be sent to the Dec INOKI BOM-BA-YE x Ganryujima show. RIZIN's CEO Sakakibara takes over as supervisor.

In other news in the "Wrestlers are the strongest" axis, I forgot to mention Dan Tamura of AJPW will fight Hideki Sekine at the GLEAT MMA show.

I am not sure about if DDT will try to make someone else the ACE of DDT or stick with The Strongest or the Symbol of Strength.. Kazusada Higuchi. Very different style of wrestler and in looks for DDT on the top.

Endo is meant to be adversarial.