DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

CS TV Asahi 2 is in the middle of three nights of Inoki matches. From the 14th to the 16th three hours per night for a total of nine hours from 9 PM JST.

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ch/contents/sports/0573/

https://www.nikkansports.com/battle/news/202210140000273.html

Matches shown:

Spoiler

▽14日午後9時~第1夜

坂口征二と初対決(1974年4月26日)

タイガー・ジェット・シン戦、NWFを奪回(1975年6月26日)

ルー・テーズと初対決(10月9日)

ウイリアム・ルスカ戦、初の異種格闘技戦(2月6日)

ザ・モンスターマン戦、異種格闘技のベストバウト(1977年8月2日)

ボブ・バックランド戦、WWF王座を奪取(のちに無効)(1979年11月30日)

▽15日午後9時~第2夜

スタン・ハンセン戦、唯一ハンセンに逆ラリアート(1980年9月25日)

ラッシャー木村戦、ランバージャックデスマッチ(1981年11月5日)

アブドーラ・ザ・ブッチャーと初対決(1982年1月28日)

長州力戦、最後の蔵前決戦(1984年8月2日)

藤波辰巳戦、実力世界一のベルト(1985年9月19日)

アンドレ・ザ・ジャイアントに初勝利(1986年6月19日)

ショータ・チョチョシビリ戦、初の東京ドーム(1989年4月24日)

▽16日午後9時~第3夜

猪木&シンvsベイダー&浜口、デビュー30周年記念試合(1990年9月30日)

天龍源一郎と初対決(1994年1月4日)

グレート・ムタと初対決(5月1日)

ジェラルド・ゴルドー戦、格闘技トーナメント(1995年1月4日)

藤原喜明戦、最後の師弟対決(3月19日)

リック・フレアーと初対決(4月29日)

ビッグバン・ベイダー戦、大逆転で勝利(1996年1月4日)

タイガー・キング戦、最初で最後の師弟対決(1997年4月12日)

ドン・フライ戦、引退試合(1998年4月4日)

Edited by lostinube
  • Like 1

AJPW

Spoiler

Suwama and Kono won the World tags. I don't think they ever will replace those designs, the beat up Triple Crown now kinda matches those titles nowadays.

Minoru was banished from VM,  he hesitated to intervene in the World tag match after losing his Junior Title shot. Taru banished him, and dissed Minoru as GLEAT guy.

Suwama said, "Minoru, go to hell".

The Japanese wiki fixed the units page

So AJPW Army, VM, GOA, Nextream, Evolution.

Edited by Kevin Wilson
quick fix

I get the notion that Robinson is a better face but he very much comes off as a guy making overwrought mannerisms pretending to be a pro wrestling as a heel. On the other hand, there's maybe nothing in 2022 wrestling better than Eddie Kingston fighting off two guys with chops on a bad leg, right?

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

Tomorrow NOAH debuts in the new Tokyo Ariake Arena, it will also be the first Pro Wrestling show held there. Tokyo Ariake Arena was opened on February 2020. 

Cheering will be allowed.
https://ariake-arena.tokyo/event/#detail-21

It's also the "rebirth" of their history.

The joint event NJPW/Stardom "HISTORIC X-OVER" will also take place in the new Tokyo Ariake Arena. On 20.11.2022.

• Like 1

AJP

Yoshitatsu and Tajiri won the All Asia tags, Yoshitatsu won them for Inoki.

In 2002  Yoshitatsu was taught direct instructions from Inoki in the Los Angeles dojo, and he was allowed to live in one of Inoki's apartments. 

• Like 2

Have to see in the future if Jake Lee will drop the now secondary demoted Ace position, I haven't checked if he even calling himself one of the Aces anymore.

I think Suwama has the whole book now. Lot of the previous years (after Jun) stuff for AJPW have been dropped. 

Shinsuke Nakamura spoke with Tokyo Sports, as did Pro Wrestling NOAH, regarding the Great Muta vs. Nakamura match on 1/1 at Budokan Hall that was announced yesterday. Nakamura pushed heavily for it. NOAH had the idea as soon as they announced the Keiji Muto retirement series in June. WWE at first turned down the idea but after Vince McMahon left the company, NOAH tried again to put the match together. WWE only agreed to allowing the match on Wednesday. Nakamura referred to it as "What is it? A dream? An illusion? It's unmistakable, it's reality." In Tokyo Sports, he said, "It can only be called a miracle. I opened a door that no one could break in. Hahaha...it's a real 'Forbidden Door'."

• Like 1