DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

I expect Tireman to surpass Masa K.

Anyway some fans might not like it but NOAH is the old man's promotion plus few other guys below 50 mattering. Me, I'm not ageist and ableists, we all get old and broken down in some ways. Anyway most of the Players can stil go.

• Like 1

AJPW 

Gonna get Jake Lee redemption arc.  They're still building him up going to other promotions.

Next year Maybe Yuma could win the Triple Crown, then again they may want to book him like Jun's original AJPW booked role, the guy who chases for the belt but never wins.

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Kind of confirms the rumors on Tanahashi and Nakamura holding a bit of a grudge towards Shibata when he came back. Can't blame them. Despite Nakamura's push Shibata was the one who felt like he would truly break through first between the three. It took Tanahashi and Nakamura years to really build up that respect and aura among fans.

Was hoping for a couple of outsider teams in the tag league (like a GLEAT team, Mashimo/KAZMA again etc). However I'm still excited for it, especially as I'll be at the 13/11 Korakuen show (the girlfriend is happy that my wrestling show on our weekend away from Osaka will be a morning show haha).

Not sure who wins...Saitos?

• Like 1

From Purolove

AJPW "ALL JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING 50TH ANNIVERSARY IN SANJO ~ THE SOULD OF THE CHAMPION", 22.10.2022 (AJPW.tv)
Sanjo City Public Welfare Hall

- Yoshitatsu 20th Anniversary Special Match: Yoshitatsu vs. Suwama
- All Japan Pro Wrestling 50th Anniversary Special Match in Sanjo: Masanobu Fuchi, Atsushi Onita & Yuma Anzai vs. Jinsei Shinzaki , Masao Inoue & Ryo Inoue
- TAJIRI & Takuro Niki  vs. Izanagi & Black Menso~re
- Shuji Ishikawa vs. Rising HAYATO
- Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura
- Shotaro Ashino, Ryuki Honda, Yusuke Kodama & Seigo Tachibana vs. Jake Lee, Yuma Aoyagi, Atsuki Aoyagi & Hokuto Omori
- Triple Crown - Takao Omori 30th Anniversary Special Match: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Takao Omori

AJPW "RAISING AN ARMY MEMORIAL SERIES 2022", 23.10.2022
Osaka Edion Arena #2

- Yoshitatsu & TAJIRI vs. Izanagi & Black Menso~re
- Jake Lee, Yuma Aoyagi, Hokuto Omori & Ryo Inoue vs. T-Hawk , El Lindaman , Issei Onitsuka  & Shigehiro Irie
- Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs. Yuji Nagata  & Yuma Anzai
- All Asia Tag Team Title: Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura (c) vs. Yusuke Kodama & Seigo Tachibana
- AJPW World Tag Team Title: Shotaro Ashino & Ryuki Honda (c) vs. Suwama & KONO
- AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Atsuki Aoyagi (c) vs. Minoru
- Kento Miyahara, Rising HAYATO & Oji Shiiba vs. Takao Omori, Shuji Ishikawa & The Bodyguard

AJPW "RAISING AN ARMY MEMORIAL SERIES 2022 ~ #AJPW HALLOWEEN MANIAX", 30.10.2022
Shin-Kiba 1st RING

- Hokuto Omori vs. Yusuke Kodama
- Yuma Anzai vs. Naoya Nomura
- Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO vs. Yuma Aoyagi & Atsuki Aoyagi
- Shotaro Ashino & Ryuki Honda vs. Takao Omori & Masao Inoue
- Suwama, Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs. Jake Lee, Shuji Ishikawa & Ryo Inoue

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Horangi said:

Was hoping for a couple of outsider teams in the tag league (like a GLEAT team, Mashimo/KAZMA again etc). However I'm still excited for it, especially as I'll be at the 13/11 Korakuen show (the girlfriend is happy that my wrestling show on our weekend away from Osaka will be a morning show haha).

Not sure who wins...Saitos?

I would guess Yuma/Jake, since they’ve both stalled out a bit after earlier pushes this year.

The second Japan Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame induction show was held today. The inductees were Masa Saito (represented by his wife), the Great Kojika and the Great Kabuki.

http://battle-news.com/?p=90249

There was of course a show to go with the induction ceremony.

The main was a six man of Kento Miyahara/Shiro Koshinaka/Kouta Minoura beating Yuma Aoyagi/Hideki Suzuki/Madoka Kikuta. The semi-main was Jake Lee and Kengo Mashimo going to a twenty minute draw.

Minoura should probably sue whoever took the photo in the article. Or consider changing his hairstyle.

There was a funeral and memorial service for Antonio Inoki today. Among non-current NJPW people who attended were Shinsuke Nakamura, Masakatsu Funaki, Muto, Chono, Sasaki, Takada, Fujita, Ogawa and Ichiro Furutachi. I'm sure there were more but those are the main names most stories have.

Edit to add: There was a wake the night before on the 13th and some of the attendees were different. Kobashi attended the wake but was not at the funeral today.

Edited by lostinube