DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

PRO-WRESTLING 'LAST'' LOVE ~HOLD OUT~' to be held at the Tokyo Dome on Feb 21 2022

Muto's last match. It's not really NOAH branded.  Masahiro Chono will do commentary and more.

The Muta gimmick retires in NOAH.

Edited by Blue Dragon

I need space for the AJPW Budokan Press Conference stuff

Suwama thinks he is the face of AJPW. He later sleeper choked Kento.

The younger Aoyagi brother is the last hope of AJPW in trying to get the junior belt back.

Nagata will work his NJPW style and drag the AJPW rookie into the NJPW way, but sounds like kayfabe to me.

I omitted some things. Usual Kento boasting and more.

Edited by Blue Dragon

NJPW just announced its touring Australia/New Zealand brand - NJPW Tamashii

First shows 11/11 in Christchurch, 13/11 in Sydney. Fale, Ishimori & KENTA announced for the first shows so far with the goal to mix it up with Australia/NZ and Fale Dojo talent. I'll be in Japan for the Sydney show (hopefully Sumotickets are successful in getting me 5/11 Osaka EDION Arena show tickets) otherwise I'd be more than happy to travel to Sydney for this. Hopefully next time they do Melbourne.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Does that mean Gino's returning to commentary?

I wish! Loved Gino on commentary. I've heard different things relating to him though ranging from him being completely done with wrestling to it just being a visa thing, guess we just have to wait and see with these Tamashii shows.

17 hours ago, Horangi said:

I wish! Loved Gino on commentary. I've heard different things relating to him though ranging from him being completely done with wrestling to it just being a visa thing, guess we just have to wait and see with these Tamashii shows.

I do know getting a visa out of Australia is a pain in the ass right now. A friend of my family has been having trouble getting one to come to a funeral.

Yuji Nagata at least wants to wrestle for the IWGP World HW one more time.

Oleg Borchin and Takashi Ishiguro (i have to see if the names are right later) are the latest TNJ wretslers. Takashi Ishiguro is more likely to make the switch to Pro-Wrestling.

Yuji Nagata's eldest son might become a Pro-Wrestler in the future, his name is Hiroki Nagata I think. He is still too young for now.

It's worth reminding people that if you are so inclined, tomorrow/today in Japan features a TAKATAICHIDESPEMANIA show, produce shows which have always been reliably good fun (like the one earlier this year where all of Suzukigun sang happy birthday to Miho Abe, that was wholesome) with one or two extremely good to great matches. Here's your card

12/9/2022, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

TAKATaichiDespe Mania
Yoyogi National Stadium 2nd Gymnasium, Tokyo
Akira Jumonji, Genta Yubari, Hideki Sekine & Hikaru Sato vs Suzukigun (DOUKI, Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Arata, Eagle Mask & Ryuya Takekura vs Isami Kodaka, Yasu Urano & Yuji Hino
Hibiscus Mii, Yu Yamagata & YuuRI vs Misa Kagura, rhythm & Sumika Yanagawa
Aoi & Tomoka Inaba vs Maika & MIRAI
CIMA, Kaz Hayashi & TAKA Michinoku vs Dick Togo, Gedo & Great Sasuke
Hirooki Goto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Taichi & Yoshitatsu
El Desperado vs Jun Kasai

The previous meetings between Desperado & Kasai have been great, just a delight. Anyway, it's a PPV on New Japan World for ¥3,000, or about $21 at current exchange rates

• Like 2

I had to go out as soon as the show today ended but I have to say that El Desperado vs Jun Kasai was a wild, wild bloody mess of a deathmatch. Despy came out in all white, including a lovely white mask, like the pro that he is in a match where he was obviously going to bleed. Some absolutely gnarly spots, with a lot of intangible emotion from things like the fact that Despy is clearly a massive Kasai fan & was headbanging along to Jun's entrance song, & the fact their "rivalry" has gone back to before the pandemic, the really great vocal crowd, it all combined to make this one of my favourite matches of the year to date.

I'd also say that the Aoi & Inaba vs Maika & MIRAI match is a lot of fun too, & the JTO trio vs Yuji Hino, Yasu Urano & Isami Kodaka was good, especially when we got Hino & Takekura colliding. And the opener was just loads of fun with the crowd so into Suzukigun.

I had a blast watching the whole show, it's really not going to be on a year end list for best show but I felt like I got my money's worth & what more can you ask for really?

• Like 1

Streaming services, youtube uploads, and certain channels in Japan is where old footage are uploaded online or aired for tv in Japan. They don't really sell much of those old footage on physical media anymore, only select few cases of wrestlers and eras get physical media releases and it's usually NJPW related in this decade. 

• Like 1