DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

The AJPW Budokan card is looking pretty underwhelming (spoilered in case you aren’t caught up on the Oudou tournament):

Spoiler

AJPW "ALL JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING 50TH ANNIVERSARY", 18.09.2022 
Tokyo Nippon Budokan 

- All Japan 50th Anniversary Special Six Man Tag Match: Masanobu Fuchi, Atsushi Onita & Shiro Koshinaka vs. Great Kojika , Yoshiaki Yatsu & Masao Inoue 
- Yuma Anzai Debut Match: 
- Saito Brothers Triumphant Match: Shuji Ishikawa, Kohei Sato & Ren Ayabe  vs. Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Cyrus 
- Special Singles Match: Hokuto Omori vs. Minoru Suzuki 
- Special Singles Match: Yuma Aoyagi vs. Christopher Daniels  
- AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Tiger Mask  (c) vs. Atsuki Aoyagi 
- Triple Crown: Suwama (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

And thoughts:

Spoiler

Real wtf booking with Minoru Suzuki. Yuma can Suzuki is something I could have gotten behind.

Jake is still without a match: wonder if they’re waiting for Naoya Nomura to recover, and book a singles?

Also, no Nagata?

Surprised there isn’t a low-stakes, big(ger) name tag. Like maybe they’d do Jake and Nagata against Strong BJ or something.

No Koji Doi, Kuma Arashi, or Shigehiro Irie. Hope they aren’t done with the company.

I guess Ashino’s crew (“Gungnir of Anarchy”) isn’t booked yet. Maybe them vs STRONGHEARTS? 

Edited by Control

The Maniax card had the other names.

Spoiler

I guess Kento will get his primary Ace role back.

My stream crapped out at some point at the finals.

Ashino's unit is named Gungnir of Anarchy.

Ok, updated Budokan card:

Spoiler

- All Japan 50th Anniversary Special Six Man Tag Match: Masanobu Fuchi, Atsushi Onita & Shiro Koshinaka vs. Great Kojika , Yoshiaki Yatsu & Masao Inoue 

-SUSHI, Black Menso-re, Andy Wu & Izanagi vs TAJIRI, Yoshi Tatsu, ATM & Mitsuya Nagai
- Yuma Anzai Debut Match: Yuji Nagata vs Yuma Anzai
- Saito Brothers Triumphant Match: Shuji Ishikawa, Kohei Sato & Ren Ayabe  vs. Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Cyrus 

-Jake Lee vs Joe Doering

So, I’m guessing there’s still a tag title match to be made, and maybe more VDM involvement.

• Like 1

Theyre building up world tag match with T.Omori trying to find a partner. I'm not sure if that match will happen at the Budokan show but maybe instead at the smaller show after the Budokan show, named AJPW MANIAX.  Or during one of the 3 The Road to Nippon Budokan shows.

Dunno.. it wasn't memtioned what show or date that match will be for.

Sorry for the mutliple posts but...

The Total Eclipse unit seems to be further finished at this point, remains just some logo and term for Lee.  He's still playing the anti hero. They removed the TE logo of the roster page of AJPW and H.Omori left for AJPW Army.  (Oddly they haven't removed the disbanded Yoshitastu Kingdom logo off on the page)

Nagata is teaming up with the remaining Evo boys at future shows.

So the AJPW Army, VooDoo Murders, GOA, Evolution, Nextream.

Edited by Blue Dragon

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Has Voodoo Murders been going for 17 years straight?  I had no idea they were still around.

Not quite. They were gone for all of 2012 after the incident with Hirai got them broken up and TARU fired from AJPW.

The Budokan show definitely isn't totally stacked. I wonder how it'll do business wise. Though they do say on the website there is still matches to be added.

That said, I love the idea of debuting Anzai at Budokan, & against Nagata at that. They have big hopes for him. And Atsuki Aoyagi will do his upmost to have an exciting match even if Tiger Mask won't, hoping to god that this is where they crown him. I'm quite excited for Hokuto Omori vs Minoru Suzuki, Yuma Aoyagi vs Christopher Daniels could be great but I did hope Yuma would have something bigger for this show. Aoyagi & Lee vs Gungir of Anarchy could've been fun. Nice to see Doering back though. Could've done without the old man match, or at least without Great Kojika but I suppose it's tradition. Surprised & bummed at the lack of Nomura on the card, & of no Stronghearts & no Takuya Nomura either. Thrilled by the absence of Voodoo Murders at least. That is a group with go-away heat with me on a level with House of Torture. I'm surprised they kept Rikidozan's kid & grandson off the old man match actually.

AJPW stuff

Supposed to be Women's Evolution match at the AJPW Budokan show. The evolution brand probably will get their own PWF recognized title later on.

Kento is on his quest to be known the primary ace. So Jake Lee would be moved down to 2nd for good.

New 3D scanned Suwama VooDoo Murders figure

IMG_4129_png.png?v=1660889539&width=1100

New figure shop link below

https://st-ajpw.com/

DDT have announced the first 3 matches for the Jun Akiyama 30th Anniversary show on the 18th September & there's a couple interesting things. Main event has Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & none other than Yoshinobu Kanemaru facing off against Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Yuji Nagata. Jun has also setup a co-main of Naomi Yoshimura against the heavily touted DDT rookie Takeshi Masada, with Jun saying that as his debut was a singles co-main he wants Masada to get the same opportunity. The opener will also have Akiyama disciple Yusuke Okada against another DDT's promising young guys, Yuya Koroku. Cara Noir is also booked for the show, not sure if that's their DDT debut or if they are booked on earlier shows in September, will be their Japanese debut whenever they go over.

From PuroLove

AJPW "ALL JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING 50TH ANNIVERSARY", 18.09.2022
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

- All Japan 50th Anniversary Special Six Man Tag Match: Masanobu Fuchi, Atsushi Onita & Shiro Koshinaka vs. Great Kojika , Yoshiaki Yatsu & Masao Inoue
- Rising HAYATO & Ryo Inoue vs. Yusuke Kodama & Oji Shiiba
- Yoshitatsu, TAJIRI, Mitsuya Nagai  & ATM vs. Izanagi, Black Menso~re, SUSHI & Andy Wu
- All Asia Tag Team Title: Minoru & Toshizu/Soma Watanabe & Yu Iizuka (Sieger vom 10.09.) (c) vs. Hikaru Sato Dan Tamura
- Yuma Anzai Debut Match: Yuji Nagata  vs. Yuma Anzai
- Special Singles Match: Jake Lee vs. Joe Doering

• Like 2