DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

I've got to say that Takuya Nomura vs Atsuki Aoyagi & Naoya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi are well worth going out of your way to catch. Naoya vs Yuma made me so happy just that it happened, never mind that it was great.

Tall Ren vs Jake was very fun, would like if Ren put on a little bit more mass. Main event was bad, about as bad a Kento match as I've seen really. TARU/Voodoo Murders is not a thing All Japan needs.

While I'm catching up, have to say the Open The Twin Gate match from 30/7 Dragongate was absolutely phenomenal, Shun Skywalker & Diamante are a great "big guy" team (by DG standards), pure bullies, and Kamei & Jason are just fantastic faces you want to get behind.

Far & away the best Dragongate match I've seen since getting back into the promotion when PAC returned in 2018

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

I've got to say that Takuya Nomura vs Atsuki Aoyagi & Naoya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi are well worth going out of your way to catch. Naoya vs Yuma made me so happy just that it happened, never mind that it was great.

Tall Ren vs Jake was very fun, would like if Ren put on a little bit more mass. Main event was bad, about as bad a Kento match as I've seen really. TARU/Voodoo Murders is not a thing All Japan needs

I’m assuming we’ll get a second-round matchup between Ashino and Nagata, which could potentially be fun.

I’m guessing Cyrus might get a win over Shuji, just to spice things up.

ZERO1's Fire Festival Final show from SamuraiTV. Final is BJW's Daisuke Sekimoto vs NOAH's Yoshiki Inamura.

Really enjoyed Chris Vice vs Fuminori Abe too from the undercard 

Will say that I didn't appreciate the decision to show Otani's injury sustaining bump in the VT before the co main event though. Seemed a bit gratuitous

Edited by Kropotkin's Beard

There were two Black Tiger VIIs, and Shin Black Tiger. Black Tiger VIII was Ricky Reyes. Black Tiger VI was Ishii.

The Great Tiger of RJPW....Super Tiger's name in Fire Pro was The Great Panther.

Tiger Shark.

Kota Ibushi was Tiger Mask W. Shinsetsu Tiger Mask is Masa Funaki. Tiger Mask V was Minowaman.

Few Tiger Masks were non natives, one was even TM5 before Minowaman.

BattleArts had Takeshi Ono play Masked Tiger.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

There were two Black Tiger VIIs, and Shin Black Tiger. Black Tiger VIII was Ricky Reyes. Black Tiger VI was Ishii.

The Great Tiger of RJPW....Super Tiger's name in Fire Pro was The Great Panther.

Tiger Shark.

Kota Ibushi was Tiger Mask W. Shinsetsu Tiger Mask is Masa Funaki. Tiger Mask V was Minowaman.

Few Tiger Masks were non natives, one was even TM5 before Minowaman.

BattleArts had Takeshi Ono play Masked Tiger.

Don't forget the BEST Tiger Mask, Ken Wayne.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I am completely unfamiliar with this Cyrus. That's definitely not Don Callis. 

He's a Georgia indy guy as far as I can tell. An extremely large gentleman which I suppose is why he gets brought over, All Japan do like their big guys. That said, while I don't think he's a revelation or anything I haven't hated him. Intrigued as to whether or not Kento can work his usual miracles with him.

• Like 1