DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

30 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I always wanted that for Minoru Suzuki. Suzuki should have won the defunct NJPW Heavyweight Championship between 2012-2018.

M.Suzuki is the only man that held the King of Pancrase, Triple Crown and the GHC HW.   At least he has that.

• Like 1

Fire Festival blocks are out

A Block

Takuya Sugawara

Tsugutaka Sato

Junya Matsunaga

Chris Vice

Shu Asakawa

Daisuke Sekimoto

B Block

Masato Tanaka

Takafumi

Hide Kubota

Satsuki Nagao

Fuminori Abe

Yoshiki Inamura

I am deeply excited for Abe vs Inamura, Abe vs Nagao, & Inamura vs Tanaka in particular. Starts on July 1st

• Like 1

Been watching the Jumbo Memorial show from last month & really loved both the Atsuki Bros vs Shingo & T-Hawk & the main event with Suzuki, Akiyama & Kento vs Lee, Doering & Omori. Obviously Lee & Kento are great together, Akiyama & Omori have great chemistry, it's just a lot of fun.

A little sad that Samurai showed about 1 minute of Ryo Inoue vs Minoru Tanaka but that's just me

AJPW Unit news

Yoshitatsu Kingdom has disbanded. And the 6 man tags are now vacated. AJPW is in a units reorganization phase. 

So AJPW army, Voo Doo Murders, Total Eclipse. 

Evo and Nextream are two man units now.

Fighting together is Shotaro Ashino, Seigo Tachibana and Ryuki Honda. Not a unit but alliance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

AJPW Unit news

Yoshitatsu Kingdom has disbanded. And the 6 man tags are now vacated. AJPW is in a units reorganization phase. 

Fighting together is Shotaro Ashino, Seigo Tachibana and Ryuki Honda. Not a unit but alliance.

Does AJPW streaming service work with Chromecast with the little icon on the video you press to cast it like Wrestle Universe or NJ World? If it does I probably sign up on the first.

56 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Does AJPW streaming service work with Chromecast with the little icon on the video you press to cast it like Wrestle Universe or NJ World? If it does I probably sign up on the first.

I'm not sure. I mostly watch Pro Wrestling on my Samsung tablet these days.

5 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

AJPW Unit news

So Sato & Tamura are still Evolution, Kento & HAYATO are NEXTREAM, TE is still Doi, Arashi, Kodama & Omori? Because TAJIRI seems gone from them? Based on recent booking at least.

I'm a bit sad that Yoshitatsu Kingdom are gone, Seigo, Akki, KAZMA & Ueki was an entertaining little mishmash of weird guys for an undercard group, but it's not a surprise. Their breakup/reformation feels like it hasn't even been touched upon in months.

Really think the faction messing up isn't a huge deal but it is still super confused: why did TE lose both Jake & Ryuki Honda? Are the Aoyagi's & Jake now a group? None of it really felt like it happened on shows except Suwama turning on Ashino & Evolution. Like, there were hints of change in Total Eclipse but then they just seem to have forgotten to do the actual angles.

6 minutes ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

So Sato & Tamura are still Evolution, Kento & HAYATO are NEXTREAM, TE is still Doi, Arashi, Kodama & Omori? Because TAJIRI seems gone from them? Based on recent booking at least.

I'm a bit sad that Yoshitatsu Kingdom are gone, Seigo, Akki, KAZMA & Ueki was an entertaining little mishmash of weird guys for an undercard group, but it's not a surprise. Their breakup/reformation feels like it hasn't even been touched upon in months.

Really think the faction messing up isn't a huge deal but it is still super confused: why did TE lose both Jake & Ryuki Honda? Are the Aoyagi's & Jake now a group? None of it really felt like it happened on shows except Suwama turning on Ashino & Evolution. Like, there were hints of change in Total Eclipse but then they just seem to have forgotten to do the actual angles.

Jake Lee is still in TE. Tajiri on twitter decided to leave TE. Honda announced he left TE, but really in real life to be with his friends.

The Aoyagi's are with the AJPW home unit or army. Tajiri is too.

Some of the unit reorganization stuff was setup or done via the players or wrestlers mic appeal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sabremike said:

FWIW, I could never get it to AirPlay or screen mirror to my TV or AppleTV.

• Thanks 1

I watched the ZERO1 Shinjiro Otani Aid show from the start of this month & despite being 4 hours long it's really good. I'd say at least half of the show is well worth going out of your way to watch.

The opener, a BJW team of Fuminori Abe, Kosuke Sato & Yuki Ishikawa vs Astroman, Ren Ayabe & Yuko Miyamoto is really fun, Hide Kubota, Ryo Hoshino & Takuya Sugawara vs the 2AW team of Kengo Mashimo, Shu Asakawa & Tatsuya Hanami is really good,  Aja Kong, NATSUMI & Yuna Manase vs ASUKA, Chihiro Hashimoto & Jaguar Yokota was great, and then the top 2 matches on the card, a Big Japan team of Daichi Hashimoto, Daisuke Sekimoto, Kazuki Hashimoto & Yasufumi Nakanoue vs the New Japan dads of Tomoaki Honma, Togi Makabe & Yuji Nagata along with ZERO1's own Satsuki Nagao, who is just 2 years into his career is fantastic, & then the ZERO1 title match between Takashi Sugiura & Masato Tanaka is just really emotional as well as hard-hitting (you can tell Sugiura is still deeply messed up by accidentally hurting Otani) & probably slots into my top 10 matches of the year, it's even better than their clash on January 1st.

Oh, & Masashi Takeda is wrestling on the 13th July Freedoms Jun Kasai Deathmatch Carnival 2022 Vol.1 show, which will be the first time since the beginning of January & the death of his wife. He took time off to be a father & I'm very happy he feels in a place where he can come back to what he loves, getting badly cut up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Kenta Kobashi, 1992-1999 vs. Kazuchika Okada, 2012-2018.

Reaction 1: Come on that's harsh Kobashi was still incredible without his knees.

Reaction 2: Okada is past his prime already?

Reaction 3: Actually yeah keep black trunks Kobashi out of this. It's not a dream match when you know there's no chance of one of them doing the job.

Reaction 4: Monkey paw grants your wish for Orange Trunks Kobashi versus Balloon Okada.

Anyone know how to get NJPW World on Roku? The shows they have on the Roku channel haven't updated since October, and it doesn't seem like Roku's AXS channel has any wrestling on it. 

On 6/25/2022 at 5:47 AM, Kropotkin's Beard said:

you can tell Sugiura is still deeply messed up by accidentally hurting Otani

Didn't he fight Takayama in the first post-death Misawa tribute card, or was that somebody else? I remember Takayama just looking devastated during that match.