DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

So in May, after K-Ness retired, Masaaki Mochizuki added Dragon Gate trainee Masuharu Eto to be the newest member of M2K. A month later at the Toryumon show at Korakuen it was revealed that Eto is now called Ryuuto Mochizuki and he is actually Masaaki Mochizuki's 20-year-old-son. Part of the surprise is that people didn't know that Mochizuki was even married, much less that he had a child.

Edited by lostinube
  • Like 2

Well, no pressure for the lad, he's only got the boots one of the most consistent wrestlers of the last 20 years to fill.

I did think it was quite a sweet little reveal though. I'm here for M3K. (Especially with how high the quality of trainees have been in Dragongate of late.)

Looks like Suwama has a split personality. This new one is nice and has no hair dye and is the man behind the women's group Evolution and is Managing Director of AJPW.

He does not recall attacking Nagata.

Having now seen the Toryumon Reunion show, gotta say that for a guy in his first match Ryoto Mochizuki looks like DG have got another really good rookie on their hands. I don't know what is in the water over there in Kobe but its a real conveyer belt of younger wrestlers who impress from day 1.

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Gamma is apparently coming out of retirement to reunite Osaka 06 for GLEAT

Technically he's on his retirement tour, he hasn't actually retired yet, just left DG

Dragongate also announced at today's Kobe show that La Estrella & Takuma Fujiwara are off to Mexico & Toryumon Casa for an extended period of time.

Fujiwara debuted in November & is already off on excursion. La Estrella has about a year on him, IIRC he started in December 2020.

NJPW and Kota Ibushi news

New Japan Pro-Wrestling punished Kota Ibushi, a 3-month 10% pay reduction penalty due to breach of contract. 

For Representative Director TAKAMI OHBARI,  10% reduction in pay for the 3 month period between July and September 2022.

For the official Kikuchi, a ten percent 10% reduction in pay for the 3 month period between July and September 2022, as well as a transfer to a different position.

Some point they will move on from this.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Few upcoming shows will allow cheering and other noises.  There is no set time period for when the noises fans can make are fully allowed again for all shows.

Some promotions may even decide not to lift the ban on what crowds can do.

Covid numbers are going down greatly and more tourism is being allowed in Japan. 

18 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Few upcoming shows will allow cheering and other noises.  There is no set time period for when the noises fans can make are fully allowed again for all shows.

Some promotions may even decide not to lift the ban on what crowds can do.

So I know that DDT is going to allow fans to cheer at their big show coming up. Am I missing anything else? I heard that there was crowd noise in Sendai during the BOSJ.

8 minutes ago, Thomas Bugg said:

So I know that DDT is going to allow fans to cheer at their big show coming up. Am I missing anything else? I heard that there was crowd noise in Sendai during the BOSJ.

I only know of this month CyberFight Fes 2022, which will have special cheering sections. Where the main brand NOAH dude Go (c) vs on loan for NOAH Kojima for the GHC HW.

We may have to wait for few more months or next year for everything to become more normal.

About 20 percent in Japan aren't vaccinated, some don't want to be and some haven't yet taken one of the vaccines. So that effects things somewhat.

1 hour ago, Thomas Bugg said:

There was cheering at the NOMADS' show last month. Ultimo Dragon told the fans to cheer during a match at the Dragongate Toryumon Reunion last week, & someone from DG then came out & said "no, don't".

I'm still not even clear if this is a law thing or something the wrestling companies have taken on themselves. Because apparently folk are cheering at J-League soccer games & baseball games now.