DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

Anyway Kota pretty much has his own from of Japanese Lang. I assume he may be neurotic type of person like me. I'm not sure who the 反社 or antisocial forces (反社会的勢力) he means are.

There have been several crackdowns and reforms against the Yakuza in this century for Japan. Starting with the 90's even before the 21'st century.

Modern Yakuza do mostly white collar crimes and have gone extremely underground to avoid the increased police and authority investigations. Their membership have also declined. Some of the modern Yakuza groups just do money laundering, papering tickets, some groups sell drugs and the sex work stuff. There been a strong decrease in Yakuza killing people, it's hard to do that with so much technology these days.

The Hangure have also replaced the Yakuza in some roles.

Legit operations in this century and sponsors greatly replaced the Yakuza's old "jobs" for money pumping and funneling things, ticket giveouts.

Still..modern Japan is also another country with very low in public crime rates.

22 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Looks like the Kota thing is a work.

Lol.

Could you be more informative than that? Like how do you know this?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Could you be more informative than that? Like how do you know this?

Kenny Omega cryptically tweeted about Kota in Japanese and one of the NJPW  Twitter accounts retweeted it.

AJPW stuff (spoiler for now?)

Spoiler

In AJPW, the next challenger for the junior title is Tiger Mask 4. NJPW consistently sending out their best people!

Wonder if Jake will actually be in the G1, then. Of the AJPW people I’d like to see in the G1, he’s, admittedly, pretty far down the list, but it would definitely make things interesting.

Also, Runaway SUPLEX disbanded (they lost the belts due to repeated miscommunication, so this is not unexpected), and Voodoo Murders are apparently coming back (boo!). Suwama going back to VM would seem an obvious next step—or they could swerve and have Ashino take his place, which would seem like even more of a step in the wrong direction.

At least, if they’re keeping Kento as TC champ, they’re shaking things up a bit with challengers and partners, etc. 

Meltzer:

• As far as an update on Kota Ibushi, he has not been fired at this point so they are not giving up on the relationship but obviously New Japan and Bushiroad is very unhappy with the publicity. He has toned down on Twitter in the last 36 hours. Ibushi's only tweet of note in the last three days translated into "I will fight until the end. I will not surrender to them." The only wrestlers who have really commented are Toru Yano on his podcast, saying he wasn't happy that Ibushi confused the fans but said he was still a New Japan wrestler and as still his friend. Kenny Omega tweeted in Japanese, "Fire of resurrection will burn bright again someday. Let's hang on until then everybody."

5 hours ago, matwarz said:

Two days countdown to hossfest, aka GLEAT @korakuen. If this show isn’t balls out great I’ll lose all faith in what’s left of humanity!

You have faith in any of humanity? Wow.

Suwama will launch a women's wrestling group. "Evolution" Co., Ltd was established this month and they started recruiting new female trainees. They aim to debut at the AJP Budokan Show in Tokyo on September 18.  

It is a separate organization from AJPW. One that will partner up with AJPW. So another AJPW successor promotion formed on their 50th year. Shuji will help. No name yet for the new group.

A press conference about it all at the end of this month.

34 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

垂直落下式パワーボム (三冠パワーボム)or Vertical drop power bomb (Triple Crown Power Bomb)

JESUS.

The move is really a rare super signature move, and not a finisher. 

I read Kawada never really retired, just "long term rest".  I suppose he got one more match left in him.

Kawada used it at least once more after that (in his TC win ov er Mutoh) but it wasn't a staple move in his arsenal.

The crazy thing is, wasn't that same match Kawada broke his arm?

James