DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

Starting to see more pro-wres love stuff in NOAH, Kaito now does Muto's double arm lock nowadays, somebody else in NOAH is doing the pro-wres taunt and Fujita did it too. Marufuji did the Shining wizard on Go.

Suwama will rejoin Voodoo Murders on 3.21.

So Suwama, TARU, Shuji Kondo, KONO (Masayuki Kono), and Toshizo (Ryuji Hijikata) vs Jake Lee, TAJIRI, Koji Doi, Kuma Arashi, and Yusuke Kodama. The battle between evil and evil.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Noah cleaned up their players page, so contracted and non contracted are NOAH.

https://www.noah.co.jp/profile/

Eventually with Fujita's new project over time, we will see more non-natives and gaijins in NOAH. I just don't think the amount will be around AJPW 90's level but around NJPW 90's instead.

Edited by Blue Dragon

28 minutes ago, A.M.B. said:

Can people cheer yet?

Nope. The CyberFight Festival 2022 show will have limited cheering sections in June.

Japan will relax their border controls

https://thediplomat.com/2022/03/japan-relaxes-covid-19-border-controls-but-only-slightly/

But 

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/02/28/national/quasi-emergency-extension-considered/

Edited by Blue Dragon

Looking at newer posters and other stuff, it seems that NJPW is slowly moving away from that 4 Heroes slotting they have done since the Yukes era. The top 3 HW's are Okada, Tana, Naito.

Anyone else shown on NJPW posters is like when they promoted Kensuke, Choshu and etc in the 90's, outside of that 3 men grouping.

• Like 1

I'm trying to remember if TAKA Michinoku and Shiryu ever hada singles match in Michinoku Pro.  That makes me interested in this match.

FMRuQFoakAE0sec?format=jpg&name=large

The NJPW vs AJPW card so far:

Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, and YOH vs Suwama, Shotaro Ashino and Dan Tamura. Chaos vs Evolution.

Also expect the following men below to appear:

Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi, and BUSHI, Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma and the Aoyagi brothers.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1

AXSTV is now showing new New Japan episodes. There was one last night with Ishii vs. (sigh) EVIL. Kevin Kelly sounded drunk as a skunk. Then again you would probably have to be to get through EVIL matches these days from the sounds of it. I would have been all about that matchup a couple years ago...

Edited by Curt McGirt

The top 3 for NOAH now is, Fujita who is NOAH, Kaito the Ace, Masa Funaki the Strongest. Muto is out for some time.

I can't see Kaito winning the GHC HW until covid is over with in Japan.

Zero 1 and OSU:

Masa Chono wants Otani to choose between retirement or active duty, one reason is because Otani's left forearm or so is broken. Another reason is doing all those roles in the back and wrestling in the ring is hard.

Mr. Chono is the ambassador of the upcoming April 10 Sumo Hall OSU show, which will celebrate both 20 and 21 years of Zero 1. He hopes to see Zero 1 reborn. Expect multiple groups and NJPW to appear at the show.

Chono came up with some kind of young men match or thing for Zero 1.

The previous planned OSU show for last month was postponed, but really it was axed.

Edited by Blue Dragon

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

AXSTV is now showing new New Japan episodes. There was one last night with Ishii vs. (sigh) EVIL. Kevin Kelly sounded drunk as a skunk. Then again you would probably have to be to get through EVIL matches these days from the sounds of it. I would have been all about that matchup a couple years ago...

Fight Network is also showing them. Many, many, many repeats during the week (in USA at least).

• Like 1

I would but I don't have the time to watch everything.

Zero One news:

Masa Chono will produce a league match, "CHONO Camp" that focuses on younger players.

Syouki Kitamura (24), Tsugutaka Sato (26), Takumi Baba (21), Soki Nagao (23), Junya Matsunaga (25), and Kosuke Sato (25) from Big Japan Wrestling, 2AW's Daiju Wakamatsu (23), Marvelous's Keo Isaka (23)(male joshi), Niigata Wrestling's Takaki Suzuki (26), and JUST TAP UP's Jumonji Akira (19).