DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

Takagi's plans for DDT's Global expansion:

DDT to expand overseas, and strengthen their relationship with AEW to also expand sales. And send individual wrestlers over more overseas. They aim to run MSG in USA someday.

Further expanding of WU, WRESTLE UNIVERSE, their goal is to bring in more overseas registrants, who right now account for about 30%, to 50% this year.

Takagi:

"I'm thinking of letting everyone attend an English conversation class. It doesn't make sense if I can't speak English even if I go abroad. So, I won't use Japanese at all in DDT anymore. If I speak Japanese, I'll be fined."

He will also train bilingual players and fly across the ocean.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

Okada having a towel is pretty cool.

Anyway new US champion Hiroshi Tanahashi vs SANADA is next, the aim is "purification of the soul". The reason why Tana chose SANADA is because Sanada is the "opposite pole" challenger who believes in classic wrestling.

Tanahashi once longed for a classical style like Tatsumi Fujinami. However, in order to rebuild New Japan from the dark period of the 00s, it was necessary to build a different wrestler image. "In order to spread professional wrestling as an icon, I wonder if it will be a good idea to fly, appeal, and do flashy techniques to make it easier to understand. There are more things that I have thrown away than what I am pursuing. However, SANADA is able to mix it well,".  Tana admits that Sanada is close to his ideal image of that kind of wrestler who mixes the new with the old.

Tana said something else about making the US title more flexible. So regular rules and gimmick matches. Tana might also become more rougher, using his body as a weapon.

Sanada could win the title and scrap all those plans tbh.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Around 80 percent in Japan vaccinated. Gonna be some people in Japan who won't get vaccinated, either can't be or just don't trust it. Anyway Viruses do mutate to become more infectious, but also into weaker strains.

Probably expect somewhere in March or April when everything mostly goes back to normal for fans and crowds.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2022 at 7:39 AM, matwarz said:

Just randomly stumbled into Kyushu Pro on ‘the tube’. Stayed for a sprightly jr tag and nice hoss 3 way and some quality production. I like, I come again Kyushu Pro.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, DEAN said:

Kyushi Pro is awesome!  Kodai Nozaki is the best secret hoss in Japan.

I just watched the first two episodes of Monday Night Vai! It is a fun promotion to watch. I'll have to go through their YouTube page to check out some of their other matches. 

• Like 2

Desperado wants to face Daisuke Sasaki from DDT.  Despy thinks NJPW vs NOAH should happen once a year or every 6 months, we will see over time. More sports exhibition competition war than full out promotional Wars.

Anyway NJPW wants to open up their "boarders"  for their junior division.

Not sure how NJPW and AJPW 50th will be booked, but some sort of rivalry will happen. I wouldn't expect much singles dream matches, the western fans need to stop having unrealistic expectations. 

Edited by D.Z

16 hours ago, Hagan said:

Anyone watch Taichi vs Douki yet? It has a shockingly high rating on Cagematch and apparently a very wholesome birthday party for Miho Abe follows. 

Yes. The match is amazing and super emotional. Felt like the big coming out party for DOUKI. Korakuen was packed as well so there was a great atmosphere. 

• Like 1