DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 31/12/2021

The Natural

11 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I don't care that they're just about to crown a new title's first champion, they need women's tag belts now. They're doing a great job of having multiple concurrent feuds in the division but they could get even more women involved with tag teams. It's also a great way for women who are not quite there yet to continue to hone their craft.

Or, even better they can book an extra women’s match on the show. Whether two on two, or more.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I feel like it's the best time for that especially since you have green talent. Tag team wrestling, unless 3 of the 4 aren't good

Haha, well here’s the thing. Early days of AEW the worst women’s match to have was a tag match with the native wrestlers. They were never on the same page. It’s improved a lot since then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Or, even better they can book an extra women’s match on the show. Whether two on two, or more.

No, that slot is exclusively reserved for Wardlow Powerbomb Hour.

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Haha, well here’s the thing. Early days of AEW the worst women’s match to have was a tag match with the native wrestlers. They were never on the same page. It’s improved a lot since then. 

And the issue was we got 1 decent to solid worker.....then there were the other three. You need two and at least ONE on each side. Otherwise, it doesn't work. 

• Like 1

It would do them well, as mentioned in the January thread, to change up the formula of the show a bit more outside of the named Dynamites. Predictability is bad in wrestling and the show does an otherwise good job of having that sense of controlled chaos. A match going shorter or longer than usual is great every once so often. You avoid what's happened to NJPW the past few years. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

And the issue was we got 1 decent to solid worker.....then there were the other three. You need two and at least ONE on each side. Otherwise, it doesn't work. 

Once Rosa came in, and Emi became a regular, it seemed both were able to guide them into a better tempo.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Once Rosa came in, and Emi became a regular, it seemed both were able to guide them into a better tempo.

Right but I couldn't resist doing this reference:

R.1288b5bf376591a7d8762444c427a4e4?rik=o

Edited by The Natural

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

I don't care that they're just about to crown a new title's first champion, they need women's tag belts now. They're doing a great job of having multiple concurrent feuds in the division but they could get even more women involved with tag teams. It's also a great way for women who are not quite there yet to continue to hone their craft.

Yeah, I'm really surprised they opted for a secondary singles title over tag titles for the women. I get not wanting to copy WWE too much, but some things just work. I don't know how you differentiate 2 singles belts in a division of about 20 people.

4 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Yeah, I'm really surprised they opted for a secondary singles title over tag titles for the women. I get not wanting to copy WWE too much, but some things just work. I don't know how you differentiate 2 singles belts in a division of about 20 people.

It’ll probably work exactly like the TNT title. It’s defended more often, and on TV.

I like the women's street fight but the finish had me wondering as was the set up the bunny slipping on the tacks (into a split on the tacks mind you) her falling by mistake or was she trying to hit the brakes when she saw Anna with the barbed wire?

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

I like the women's street fight but the finish had me wondering as was the set up the bunny slipping on the tacks (into a split on the tacks mind you) her falling by mistake or was she trying to hit the brakes when she saw Anna with the barbed wire?

She had the Brass Knucks on her hand & slipped in the Tacks when trying to hit her straight on the jaw. 

On 1/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, The Natural said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Should PETA freak out over those pictures? I mean it IS theoretically a photo of a bloody fluffy animal and a photo of a bloody sharp object in there! It ISN'T, but I'm sure that's the effect they are going for!

• Haha 1

Late to the party but holy fuck did that street fight rule.  Only thing to add is considering he love of horror movies Bunny desperately needs to be in one.  She's got the look, the scream, and everything in between to make whatever role incredible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Someone said that of the four in that match they thought Allie was the best in it. I know I'm an outlier, but I have long thought that in AEW, Allie has been way better than she's ever been anywhere else. I think I liked her the most in the street fight and actually, of most of the matches in this Tay/Anna/Bunny/Ford feud, I usually think the Bunny has stood out the most.

• Like 7