DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 31/12/2021

The Natural

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Then they definitely shouldn't be used. Why do something that's legit painful, but the crowd doesn't buy it?

Judging by Cody's back, they shouldn't be doing fire, either.

Because people haven't learned from the career of Abyss.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Great show, but they need to put a ban on thumbtacks for, like, five years. Let's not kill something that should be death by using it in every blowoff.

I don’t know, as long as the ending is person gives another person a barbed wire sleeper hold, then you don’t need to worry about thumbtack enhanced move not being the finish.

The street fight was fun. Dug probably about as much as I did Rosa/Baker last year thought this felt better done. The visuals of Allie bloody and smiling were neat. Loved the pliedriver spot. That moonsault was scary. Both could have come out of that one so much worse.

• Like 1

I just watched the street fight and that was the sexiest version of a Midnight Rockers vs. "Playboy" Buddy Rose and Doug Somers match there possibly could be.

Tay getting color is admirable, but The Bunny was shooting for Bill Alfonso when he wrestled Beulah. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Allie is one of my favorite wrestlers in AEW. That creepy crimson mask was sick. She always knows when to look at the camera and give insane looks. 

Amazing how Allie started out in TNA, you wanted her to stand up for herself as he was timid (least that's how I remember it) to now as The Bunny in AEW. Shows the range she has.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Now because of this performance  Ford, and Bunny need to get their heat back with some significant wins. Maybe have them beat Layla, and Ryo in a brief feud.

Maybe better, do the same thing they did here, but eliminate most of the matches that built to it. Having a normal match is definitely not Ford, or Bunny’s strongest suit. They should now be positioned as the hardcore freak show team on a major PPV. Like if they were the Nasty Boys all of a sudden. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dog said:

Then they definitely shouldn't be used. Why do something that's legit painful, but the crowd doesn't buy it?

Only click here if you're the type that wants know how the magic tricks are done...

Spoiler

Thumbtacks are a total work and don't hurt at all. It's the bed of nails displacement theory at work. Stepping on one nail hurts like fuck but you can walk on a bed of nails no problem. Tacks are used so much because it's a great visual that doesn't hurt at all. With the adrenaline and displacement, probably the easiest bump of all the hardcore bumps. And always gets the holy shit reaction.

• Thanks 1

This week on Dark and Elevation, the announcers were once again talking about how Bunny was the craziest person in AEW/a psychopath. She definitely leaned fully into that character in this match! I know Allie is a huge horror movie fan so it doesn’t surprise that she would maybe go a little overboard on a crimson mask.

• Like 4

Generally not a fan of the Gotch Style Piledriver not being a finish but that was a nifty place to bust it out for.

Really hoping that was gimmicked barbed wire for the finish and praying less informed dudes on the indies aren't going to look to replicate that spot.

I found it amusing that the standard look for a street fight varies significantly based on gender. In fairness to the ladies, just about every actual fight I've seen involving women had participants dressed exactly like that. Granted, it was either at spring break, a college football tailgate, or leaving a Jimmy Buffet concert.

In all seriousness, I did not think those women were capable of something like that. It's not a knock on them. I think they're four of the best examples of how far AEW's women's division has come. I just wasn't sure they had that level of intensity in them. That ruled all kinds of ass, and they should all be proud of themselves.

I think a big part of the fan reaction to Cody was realizing that his match was the main, rather than the women. And that's the reaction that decision deserved. Fuck that dude.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, just drew said:

I found it amusing that the standard look for a street fight varies significantly based on gender. In fairness to the ladies, just about every actual fight I've seen involving women had participants dressed exactly like that. Granted, it was either at spring break, a college football tailgate, or leaving a Jimmy Buffet concert.

Had no Idea Jimmy Buffett concerts where that wild.

that was one hell of a settle down street fight, appreciated all the women wearing jeans.

I want to see Bowens actually win a match on television.

What level of chess are we on with Cody with that shirt?

• Like 1

Loved the Street Fight with the Gotch PileDriver getting a loud pop from me.

Also really liked Bowens Irish wiping the shit out of Darby from inside the ring whilst Darby was standing on the apron outside, I don’t remember ever seeing that before.