DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 31/12/2021

The Natural

That street fight was fucking balls out.  Penelope Ford is the best wrestler in AEW?  Or maybe Ethan Page.  Tay Conte selling the bottle shot was great.  Ford being too wee to go through the table made it even gnarlier.  Allie blading like a freak reminded me that she broke in with CZW.  Tay's first bladejob was very memorable.  Ethan Page and Cody Rhodes was good but had to follow THAT.  Anthony Bowen and Darby Allin was good. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, I was concerned for Conti as that was at the start of the match.

It could have been much worse - Conti caught Ford's knees on her torso as Ford under rotated it. The Table not giving at all certainly did not help. And this was just the start of the carnage.  

So in AEW in 2021 it's the women who put on the best death matches? 

• Like 5

Great show, but they need to put a ban on thumbtacks for, like, five years. Let's not kill something that should be death by using it in every blowoff.

P.S. My favorite part was Darby clearly and defiantly not falling for Caster's distraction. ?

Edited by Dog

Thumbtacks shouldn’t be death in a promotion that has used fucking FIRE. Plus they’re like, never instant death status. Probably haven’t been in mainstream wrestling since… 1998? And that was only after a dude was thrown off and through a cage.

16 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I've always seen thumbtacks as super painful, but never a finish.

Then they definitely shouldn't be used. Why do something that's legit painful, but the crowd doesn't buy it?

27 minutes ago, Casey said:

Thumbtacks shouldn’t be death in a promotion that has used fucking FIRE.

Judging by Cody's back, they shouldn't be doing fire, either.

Edited by Dog