DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Can you just surreptitiously trade them in for something you want? 

So I did ask for all those games. I usually give a list of 10 or so not expecting to get anywhere near that many, usually I get three or four total. Not sure what happened this year. But I don't rank them by priority, and I try to pick some cheaper games to make life easier for people so I'm not only asking for $60+ games which can go outside some budgets.

• Like 1

Unsurprisingly - I was given God of War and Miles Morales as I asked for a few PS5 games to fill in the gaps

I am trying to decide which one to do first - I want to do Miles Morales but I know that I have to beat GoW first to get to Ragnarok (which came with my machine)

Aren't those "16"s non-U.S. editions, though?  Amazon is straight-up a dumpster fire nowadays when it comes to QC, so anyone buying from them has to be aware that that sort of mix-up is not just likely to happen but probably intended by the likes of Amazon so we waste our money.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Unsurprisingly - I was given God of War and Miles Morales as I asked for a few PS5 games to fill in the gaps

I am trying to decide which one to do first - I want to do Miles Morales but I know that I have to beat GoW first to get to Ragnarok (which came with my machine)

Miles Morales plays great, looks great, and is fairly short, maybe save it for in between the two GoW games? 

• Like 3

I now know what everyone means about buying too much shit during Steam Sales. Add Fanatical deals into that, and yeahhhh…

Vampire Survivors, Half-Life 2/Episode 1/Episode 2, Kena: Bridge of Spirits (gifted to me), Doom Eternal, Final Fantasy X/X-2, GTAIV, Remember Me, Transistor, Bastion, Beyond Good & Evil, Code Vein and Cthulhu Saves Christmas.

Geez.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my 272nd Platinum trophy with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for PS4. The online trophies are incredibly long, grindy and I don't think anyone outside of a few people are playing the online.

The main game is a lot easier than past Assassin's Creeds to Platinum. Also, you don't need to 100% the main game to get the Platinum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Death From Above said:

You'll never get past character creation in Code Vein and you'll still consider it money well spent

I was actually going to buy Scarlet Nexus but I’ve decided to wait on a better sale. I’ve heard Code Vein is like Dark Souls in the way of combat or something. Excited to give it a try… eventually.

Doom Eternal is almost 100gigs and that’s insane. Ugh. I’ve got a data cap, damnit!

After spending about 100 hours on Persona 5 Royal (I fast-forwarded to some stuff - I played the vanilla Persona 5 a couple of years ago and got to mid December or so, also towards the end I was really burned out), I took a shorter game for once and played Return to Monkey Island. I have to admit that I hit the "hint book" a bunch of times towards the end of the game, so I finished it in approx. 10 hours. It's a nice nostalgic experience with some very funny writing (the scurvy thruthers were my favorites), but the ending was really abrupt. I understand what they were going for but I feel you can get there and give the player some kind of satisfaction. Also it would be nice if the game would indicate to you that there are a couple of different endings (I just googled that because I thought that maybe I accidentally got a fake ending, which I didn't).

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Boy am I not very good at God of War and I still clearly am in the hand holding stage

I am pretty good at the combat and puzzle aspects of the game, but I have always been a rubbish platformer.  I gave up trying to be good at GoW and Prince of Persia a long time ago.

Edited by J.T.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic