DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

48 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Sign up for Playstation Plus and you can play the first one. Ragnarok is a true sequel and the storyline spoils the first game almost immediately. Both are great,  and if you enjoy the first, you will want to play the second immediately. 

But the Greek saga plays very differently, and enough backstory gets' dropped.

16 minutes ago, Raziel said:

But the Greek saga plays very differently, and enough backstory gets' dropped.

I have to say,  the complete reboot of this series has been incredibly successful. The Greek saga was great in completely different way than the Norse saga,  but they feel connected. To follow up on my first post,  you can play the reboot and not worry too much about spoilers(so far,  I haven't finished Ragnarok).  If you're new, I'd advise to play the reboot first,  then go back and play the Greek saga. The reboot is much deeper and modern in its presentation. The Greek saga is essentially an updated version of a Double Dragon type beat em up, with Greek gods. 

I prob won't get to it for a while. NMS is redoing all the expoditions from 2021 I didn't play and since I now have like an hour or two max per day to play, that will prob take up the rest of the year. And then sports story whenever it comes out in December..

18 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Finally scored a PS5 today. Of course the 1st thing I load is Minecraft, so I'm obviously taking advantage of the power.

You say that in jest, but PS4 Minecraft runs waaaaaaaay better on PS5 from my experience. It's so much smoother that it actually feels like they somehow nerfed the PS4 when that one game is running...

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

You say that in jest, but PS4 Minecraft runs waaaaaaaay better on PS5 from my experience. It's so much smoother that it actually feels like they somehow nerfed the PS4 when that one game is running...

I first got into Minecraft over 10 years ago when I played an unofficial copy on my old home pc rig. Went legit when it came out for the PS3 and haven't looked back.

The game I've purchased for every system I own and if they had a new version for PS5, I'd grab that one, too.

It is really smooth, but I honestly don't remember very many problems when I ran it on my PS4 Pro.

PIcked up a used copy of Demon's Souls today, so I guess I'll be remembering why I never finished it on the PS3.

• Like 1

Demon's Souls is weird compared to all the later stuff because almost all the bosses are gonna feel like a punching dummy if you've done the later games, but the levels themselves are *massive* and checkpoints are few to nonexistent, so it's really a different experience. I wish they'd port the remaster to PC.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:05 AM, RIPPA said:

Me looking around my apartment as everyone else talks about being able to find a PS5

fresh-prince-room.gif

I forget the exact numbers, but Sony is in a position to flood the market with consoles this holiday season and plans to significantly boost production for 2023.  They are saying their long-term stock issues have been resolved.

If you're just getting a PS5, you have to get the newest Ratchet and Clank. 

It's like actually being able to play a big-budget animated film. If this existed when I was seven, my mind would have been blown. 

Don't sleep on the free game that's installed on the hard drive either. Astro's Playroom was legitimately one of the best games of the year, and it's a tech demo for the controller's haptic feedback. 

• Like 2

Good thing this is on YouTube, because everyone so far is taking their sweet ass time on stage.  Al Pacino was doing bicep curls with the award, Christopher Judge is pausing for 15 seconds between every word, and thanking everyone from his momma to my momma.

Somebody is going to have to create some sort of chart or visual aid and slowly explain the appeal of Death Stranding to me, because I don't get it.  I feel like it was just a dude walking in the wilderness trying to balance a bunch of shit in his backpack.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Somebody is going to have to create some sort of chart or visual aid and slowly explain the appeal of Death Stranding to me, because I don't get it.  I feel like it was just a dude walking in the wilderness trying to balance a bunch of shit in his backpack.  

Kojima stans willing the game to be good because some haven't accepted that Kojima REALLY needs a filter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I fell asleep waiting for the Mario commercial. 

I don't know who produced this show, but whoever it was sucks.  It's not 100% their fault, because the people behind video games aren't very interesting, but they really need to figure out how to make this show move, because it really dragged any time someone was talking.  They have to figure out how to get in and out of segments without running them into the ground.