DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, US internet can best be described as "If you live within 50 miles of NYC, Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Denver, DC, or LA, you're good.  If not, LOL".

The top 10 fastest - DC, Philly, San Francisco, New York, Boston, Baltimore, San Antonio, Dallas, Vegas, and Houston.  

It's almost like Phil Harrison is a complete piece of shit and nearly a scam artist. There hasn't been a game company he has touched that didn't either turn to shit or nearly turn to shit. I still remember Alex Navarro when he was with Giant Bomb at the time tweeting something at Phil about Stadia and Phil, like a dick, was like "we're doing better than Giant Bomb."

Alex the other day took the high rode, sorta, as he still found a way to dunk on the guy or rather the companies that still pay this grifter obscene amounts of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently, Google gave no notice (not surprisingly) to Stadia employees or devs that it was happening

https://kotaku.com/stadia-google-bungie-destiny-2-cyberpunk-2077-red-dead-1849601243

Kinda negates any good will from giving people refunds

Side rant, but not giving employees any notice they're doing something is becoming standard practice for companies these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently, Google gave no notice (not surprisingly) to Stadia employees or devs that it was happening

https://kotaku.com/stadia-google-bungie-destiny-2-cyberpunk-2077-red-dead-1849601243

Kinda negates any good will from giving people refunds

Not surprising as this was basically the same M.O. when first party development was shut down.

I don't think any of us Stadia subscribers are surprised by the killing of the service, just bummed. Was never my go to for AAA titles and I think I only ever actually purchased one title individually but the 3-5 games a month from the $10 Stadia Pro subscription resulted in me playing a lot of indie titles I wouldn't have otherwise. Going have to figure out what platform I need to buy Little Big Workshop and Hundred Days for.

I sorta wish Google would give Stadia subscribers the option to download/install games they've purchased to a physical storage if they don't want refunds on everything. It's very much a rip-off to cut off the service in January 2023 (I didn't buy anything on Stadia, I'm just thinking of those who have).

Got my 263rd Platinum trophy with Babylon's Fall for PS4. Honestly, it really isn't a bad game. The gameplay is solid and fun. It's essentially DMC lite meets Destiny. The story is incomprehensible, but so is Destiny's.

It took me about 2 weeks to Platinum it, so it's possible to start it now and get it done fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

You’’d think San Jose Would be in the top ten, right? 

It's more Santa Clara that's got Cisco and all the other tech companies, and they're probably counting that into San Francisco (the 50mi distance and all that)

On a whim, I decided to pick Gwent back up. I hadn't played in several months but I was kinda bored of the other games I was playing and wanted to do something different for a while. After crafting some of the cards that were released this year, I started at rank 20 on the ladder.

Last night, I made pro rank for the first time, the equivalent of legend in Hearthstone. I mainly played Monster and Scoia'tael decks so I probably won't have time to get the 25 games in two other factions required for ranking at the end of the season by the time the ladder resets tomorrow night. But it's a solid finish that I can build on for next season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

@Andrew POE!would be proud of my 6 year old. He clocked his first Platinum today, finishing up the trophies on Donut County. Hooray for my 100%er!! 

Donut County is such a fun game. I sorta wish there was a sequel coming instead of Neon White, but hey I'm glad the developer got to do what he wanted.

Just don't have your 6 year old do Dark Souls. Yet.

• Like 2