DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

PS5 prices are going in just about every place around the world except the US and Japan. And presumably, the US price increase will come soon enough.

this comes not long after Sony was sued for price fixing.

They are going up in Japan too

Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)

PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥60,478 yen (including tax)PS5 Digital Edition – ¥49,478 yen (including tax)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Jason followed up to say that he doesn’t know which one is more likely to be true. He is working on it but likely wouldn’t know more for a few hours

From what I read of the article, it's more like Amazon is putting in a bid to buy EA rather outright buying EA.

I redownloaded Fall Guys and it instantly split into two versions of the game and gave me every trophy I ever earned in it over again. Wierd.

Yeah. They overhauled their launcher a few months ago so much that they pretty much had to create a whole new one that they made you go with and nuked the other one. I think trophy duping was a side effect.

So the new Saints Row.... if you were already a fan you'll love it. It's literally the same as the past few games in terms of humor, story and overall challenge just with new characters. If you're cool with more of the same, you'll enjoy it a lot. If you're expecting anything different at all from the previous games prepare to be disappointed. This is essentially Saints Row 3 with sharper graphics. 

• Like 1

Ubisoft has delayed the shutting off of AC servers for a month

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-gb/article/hSeUzlOfqN8ZLYSIw6u34

As a result, we moved the decommission date from September 1 to October 1, and the single-player DLC of several games on PC - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed III (2012 release), Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist - will be available to download and keep before that date. If you own these games on PC, activate your DLC before the decommissioning on October 1 to continue playing it. There will be no impact to the same single-player DLC on consoles, and you will continue to be able to download and play them after October 1.

• Like 1

Got my 258th Platinum trophy on Strikers Edge for PS4. This is an indie game that's part of Sony's PlayStation Talents Program, which is for Spanish developers to make their games.

The trophy list is really easy and I was able to self boost it. The servers for this game are shutting down at the end of this month.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:08 PM, BrianS81177 said:

So the new Saints Row.... if you were already a fan you'll love it. It's literally the same as the past few games in terms of humor, story and overall challenge just with new characters. If you're cool with more of the same, you'll enjoy it a lot. If you're expecting anything different at all from the previous games prepare to be disappointed. This is essentially Saints Row 3 with sharper graphics. 

I kinda hate the beginning of the game.   Your gang is in full celebration after taking over the city and the game is pretty much a flashback of your meteoric rise to power.  That totally robs the story of any weight should there be a future mission where one of your homies is nearly killed (RIP Carlos and Aisha).  Why worry if you already know that everything will be awesome in the end?  

I think that Volition needs to get away from the Saints being lovable rogues turned cultural icons and get back to the mean-spirited anti-heroes in Saints Row 2.  A story that doesn't telegraph the ending might also be nice.  Other than that, I have no complaints.  It is the crazy shit I expected it to be and it is also refreshing not to have superpowers and rely on normal transportation.  Now I can angst over creating the perfect street rod.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Got my 259th Platinum trophy with Assassin's Creed III Liberation for PSVita. Game is one of the easier Assassin's Creeds to Platinum although on the Vita there's some annoying bits. I'm amazed Ubisoft thought that this game was good enough to be released on consoles and PC. For the Vita, it's a great game.

The drawback is apparently it drained my power on my Vita all the way down even though it's plugged in.

• Like 2

so if I buy games on GOG, do they have controller support or what? If they do, is something like the original Tomb Raider even going to recognize my DualSense or Series S controller?

TR: Underworld/Anniversary/Last Revelation/1/2/3/Angel of Darkness/Legend, Soul Reaver 2/Blood Omen 2/Defiance, Deus Ex 1+2, Post Mortem/Still Life 1+2 and FEAR 1+2 all for $20 is hard to pass up.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

so if I buy games on GOG, do they have controller support or what? If they do, is something like the original Tomb Raider even going to recognize my DualSense or Series S controller?

TR: Underworld/Anniversary/Last Revelation/1/2/3/Angel of Darkness/Legend, Soul Reaver 2/Blood Omen 2/Defiance, Deus Ex 1+2, Post Mortem/Still Life 1+2 and FEAR 1+2 all for $20 is hard to pass up.

Generally, yes. You can look at the game listing and it'll tell you. Underworld and Anniversary both have support, for example. 

So I'm having PS4 troubles currently. A couple of weeks back my machine started turning off randomly. I rebuilt the database and that did nothing. Wasn't overheating as far as I could tell. Eventually I replaced the power cord with another and that seemed to fix it only for the issues to start up again tonight. I used an older cord so I bought a new one only for the problem to persist. Any suggestions on what the issue might be?

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Generally, yes. You can look at the game listing and it'll tell you. Underworld and Anniversary both have support, for example. 

Ah, thank you, I didn't see the filter to look for controller supported games only. Sucks that most of my list doesn't have it, but I went ahead and grabbed all of the Tomb Raider games (because I'm a big fan) and other stuff, like Kane & Lynch: Dead Men and the Still Life/Post Mortem games. Pretty cool I got The Witcher 1 and Immortal Redneck for free basically as soon as I made an account, and Amazon Gaming got me Shadow of Mordor.

I'm pretty much limited to older games on the laptop I have currently, though. I'm never going to be playing Cyberpunk on this thing, that's for sure.