DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Lord help me, I just got a laptop good enough to run pretty much every high end PC game I could ever want. 

I'm going to spend so much on Steam deals for games I'm never going to have time to play.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CSC said:

Lord help me, I just got a laptop good enough to run pretty much every high end PC game I could ever want. 

I'm going to spend so much on Steam deals for games I'm never going to have time to play.  

Crysis 1 is probably still laughing at you about this comment.

• Like 1

Only played one match in Rumbleverse but it's so fun. I somehow eliminated 14 of the 40 players in the match but finished runner-up. I'm going to try to get my gaming group into this. It's simple to play, which is great too.

• Like 2

A friend of mine that knows me too well recommended Dinkum to me. Its on Steam, its a combination of sorts taking parts from Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, and Minecraft. I certainly don't think its as good as any of those games but so far its been pretty fun, it was developed by one person and doesn't break any new ground but for $20 its scratching the itch.

On 8/10/2022 at 5:38 PM, CSC said:

Sign up for Amazon Games and the Epic Game Launcher. Free stuff! GOG and Ubisoft give away stuff frequently, too. 

Edited by Tabe

On 8/10/2022 at 8:38 PM, CSC said:

Have fun and best wishes to your wallet.  Epic launcher is good for free shit but if you haven't gotten Gamepass yet I would definitely get on that.  Most of the games I play since getting a new rig have been from there and has helped keep me from going too insane spending on Steam.  It's actually what led me to getting a Series X which I play most days as well.

I'm going to try it out on the PC later, but trying to play Rumbleverse on either console is fucked at the moment. Earlier when I tried to login the queue to get it was in the 30,000s. I just tried again to play and was able to get into the menu screen and try to start a game, but eventually gave up after waiting nearly 10 minutes for a game to pop. Hopefully the PC works out better.

I know their server engineers are working like crazy from direct info. Fueled by Malört. It's a Chicago thing! (I assume that part's a joke, that stuff is disgusting.)

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 2

I suspected their servers were getting hammered, so that’s not a big deal.

But their cosmetic prices are a little too pricey for my blood. I know they need to make money too since it’s a free game, but holy shit.

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

They finally fixed the Harry Potter mobile game login issues after 3 days. A weird thing for people that login in using FB accounts. Right at the end of a week long event.  

Facebook logins have been having a lot of trouble across the Internet lately. I used to play the mobile UNO game until the FB login quit working for over a week and the devs never updated us. It just seems that FB randomly changes something in the pathing and everything breaks.

• Like 1

I finally finished the main "quest line" in Powerwasher Sim

I still have a few achievements to go back and get if I want to. Problem is a couple of them are "do this thing last" and they are giant levels that take awhile to clean

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Before my Game Pass 1-dollar time ran out, I was trying to do the subway station, and chunks of it kept resetting.  Did anyone else run into that with PowerWash?

I didn't but I do know there were definitely some known bugs like the game freaked out if you looked directly at the sun

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2022 at 11:57 AM, Technico Support said:

Nice.  My wife, daughter, and I played through that new Streets of Rage, so the TMNT game should be right up our alley.  I may try GotG but, seeing the trailer, it's hard for me to get past the non-movie character design and voices.

We played through TMNT Shredders Revenge and it was a fun play through. Lots of fun gems on the Game Pass. Battletoads is a good one too

• Thanks 1

I bought Arcade Paradise, and it was a good decision. The early game is nicely balanced between shit I don't want to do, but have to (washing, drying, cleaning, unblocking the toilets) and shit I actually want to do (play arcade games, mess with the settings of the arcade games to max out profits, buy more arcade games). 

The arcade games themselves are clever little takes on classic arcade games. The GTA-style Pac-Man game is actually a really neat idea!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 10:32 AM, Ryan said:

I know their server engineers are working like crazy from direct info. Fueled by Malört. It's a Chicago thing! (I assume that part's a joke, that stuff is disgusting.)

Malort is indeed terrible.

As far as pricing goes, I guess the Battle Pass comes out next week and that's how most people get cosmetic stuff. I don't know much about these types of games, so whatever that is.

Dear god, I can now do a Kamehameha blast as Ariana Grande on Indiana Jones while my team of John Cena, Rick Sanchez and Ghost Rider shoot at Darth Vader, Chris Redfield and a pug wearing Balenciaga clothes.

Fortnite is wild, man.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1