DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Not sure if anyone cares, but here goes... 

Lawn Mowing Simulator is free at Epic Game Store until the 4th. 

Watched Markiplier go through some of this and it looked as fun as the power washer game. 

YMMV, of course. 

Problem is I would have to watch Markiplier

• Haha 1

I enjoyed the Power Wash Simulator series, but I could see how regular viewing of Mark would cause you to destroy some of your home electronics in a fit of rage.

15 hours ago, Casey said:

I don't know why this game needed it, but What Remains of Edith Finch just got a native PS5/Xbox Series release. 4K@60fps. Free upgrade if you already own it, but you can't claim it if you got the game through PS Plus back in 2019.

Even if you can't claim the current gen version - if you have it in your library, on any platform, and you haven't played it... do it, tonight. One of my absolute favorite games. I finished it in one night on the Switch during the pandemic, at work, and I had to go outside after I was done and have a breather (and maybe cried a little bit).

Co-signed. That bathtub chapter... ???

• Like 1

13 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Co-signed. That bathtub chapter... ???

when my grandpa died, I wrote a lengthy post on Facebook about him and how I was feeling, etc. That game has stuck with me for two years, and I used a quote from the game in the post.

If we lived forever, maybe we'd have time to understand things. But as it is, I think the best we can do is try to open our eyes. And appreciate how strange and brief all of this is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is a reason I still have yet to play Edith Finch

I don't know if I will ever be in the emotional headspace to do so

Some of the saddest moments are actually weirdly triumphant in-story. It's sad but very much hilarious and beautiful at most times. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There is a reason I still have yet to play Edith Finch

I don't know if I will ever be in the emotional headspace to do so

yeah, this and Senua's Sacrifice is something that I want to play, but will probably never be able to play.

• Like 2

I finally took the plunge on Dead By Daylight during that 6th anniversarry event about a month or two ago, and it really does fill a very nice niche of giving me the multiplayer competition I want witohut being some kind of super sweaty game with a skill ceiling that makes me want to die like every FPS game on earth. I would say I probably have played about 2/3rds killer 1/3rd survivor and can enjoy it either side, really.

There are times when you just feel like hitting a nerd with a chainsaw as Leatherface in life.

• Haha 1

they just released the Angry Video Game Nerd game physically on Switch, so i picked it up. this has been available digitally for quite a while, so as usual i'm years late but sure everyone already knows about it.

i'm loving it. a very challenging game that is also very forgiving (infinite lives and multiple checkpoints). humor that matches his youtube vids. lots of injokes.

• Like 1

Got my 255th Platinum trophy with Overwatch: Origins Edition for PS4. It's rumored that the trophies will be unobtainable once Overwatch 2 is out or it's unknown how they will be affected. I boosted the character hero trophies then grinded out the wins/XP solo. The Overwatch community should all collectively die in a fire while drinking bleach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my 256th Platinum trophy with Everybody's Golf on PS4. The servers are shutting down on September 30 2022, so at least 3 trophies will be unobtainable. There's a lot the game did right, but a lot it did wrong (especially with the RNG for course selection for Full House trophy).

• Like 1

Absolutely buried by Switch games right now. Xenoblade 3 is waaay less cringey than XB2 and probably has the most inviting first-five-hours of any game in the series, and I get the feeling the story is gonna go to some cool places.  Gameplay feels like a refinement of what's already been a very good system. So far it lacks the sense of awe the first two had but I think that's more of a technical issue + other open world RPGs catching up. I eat up anime bullshit murder adventure games like Zero Escape and Danganronpa so I cannot stop myself from playing AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative. It isn't gonna transcend its genre and the writing is so intentionally cringey/punny/pervy that it is impossible to play with other people in the room, but Kotaro Uchikoshi has been writing the best plot twists in video games for decades now. And now there's a Live a Live remake and I was a big geek for those first-wave fan translations of the unreleased Squaresoft SNES games. I guess Bahamut Lagoon and Treasure of the Rudras will eventually happen?

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I just saw it hit the PS Store as a new game today.  And I avoid the Epic store so that's probably why I missed it.

Took me a second to figure this out.  Native PS5 version just released today and Sony bumped the listing and updated it so it looks like a new release.  In actuality, the PS4 version has been available for a year.

thanks for the heads-up.  Didn’t know the PS5 update had been completed