DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dude - how do you not have Game Pass?

I barely play anything these days.  I will get on a Skyrim or 2077 binge for like three months and then take a hiatus.  

The upcoming Saints' Row game will be the first AAA title I will buy in close to a year.

There's no way to just do multiplayer with randos on this powerwashing game, which kinda sucks.  If you start your own session, you generate a code you have to send to a friend, or if you want to join a session, you need a friend's code.  There is a subreddit for the game, though, and people do post their codes asking for others to join them, so you may get lucky there.

The new Turtles game is worth Gamepass alone and I still preordered a physical deluxe version since I loved it so much.  That one I keep going back to so I can level up everybody in story mode but at least I'm almost done.  It's one of the more valuable services I have as I go through a shitton of games on there.  Some I keep going to and others so I can say I tried it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

There's no way to just do multiplayer with randos on this powerwashing game, which kinda sucks.  If you start your own session, you generate a code you have to send to a friend, or if you want to join a session, you need a friend's code.  There is a subreddit for the game, though, and people do post their codes asking for others to join them, so you may get lucky there.

That sounds like some Nintendo bullshit.

• Like 1

And yeah, Game Pass is the best deal out there. Like Nick mentioned, Shredder's Revenge was one I started playing with my daughter. I was also happy to see Guardians of the Galaxy on there given that it received a ton of love during various Game of the Year podcasts. Then there's Tunic.

At some point I will go back and play Gears of War 3 and the other new Gears of War stuff that I never bothered with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

And yeah, Game Pass is the best deal out there. Like Nick mentioned, Shredder's Revenge was one I started playing with my daughter. I was also happy to see Guardians of the Galaxy on there given that it received a ton of love during various Game of the Year podcasts. Then there's Tunic.

At some point I will go back and play Gears of War 3 and the other new Gears of War stuff that I never bothered with. 

Nice.  My wife, daughter, and I played through that new Streets of Rage, so the TMNT game should be right up our alley.  I may try GotG but, seeing the trailer, it's hard for me to get past the non-movie character design and voices.

• Like 1

I've accepted I will always have gamepass as long as I have income. Even in a year without any big Microsoft AAA games, the service still consistently adds games I am interested in. TMNT of course was great, but currently I am playing Assassin's Creed Origins for the first time. I downloaded the Shadowrun games, always wanted to try them. And House Flipper/Powerwash look worth trying so I already have a nice backlog for when I finish Assassin's Creed. It just adds up, and this is all during a down period for day 1 exclusives. 

• Like 1

I played another hour of PWS and I can't for the life of me tell you why I did. Also a bit irritated the physics aren't good enough to actually slide down the playground slide. Why I'm complaining about a game on Game Pass, I'm also not sure.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 1

Rolled credits on Stray. Really sweet little game and I look forward to replaying it. Really, REALLY wanted to get the "sleep one hour" trophy at that last part of the game (you'll know) but I'll have to use chapter select later. 

Nice to have a short little piece of art after putting 120 hours into Forbidden West!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

The instructions call it "Toggle Washer" which, admittedly, was not a good enough name to help me understand either, until I did it by accident.

Yeah - after you said something, I went into options and was like "Well that has to be it since nothing unless makes sense"

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Power Wash Simulator is the greatest game ever made.

My favorite thing about it is I am catching up on Podcasts while playing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

It is so unbelievably calming and cathartic.

I must be the only one who finds it irksome. I'm enough of a completionist that when there's only a small smudge left somewhere, it kind of drives me nuts that I didn't already hit that place.

I played another 2 hours today and I don't know how it happened.

• Haha 1

I’m replaying Fallout 4 on PS5 because I was watching VODs of Bruce Greene playing it for the first time and it made me nostalgic for it. Still holds up, even if there are bugs and whatnot even in 2022 (no surprise, lolBethesda). Load times are kind of brutal, though.

The Institute is still creepy as shit when you first encounter the Synths at the military base, whatever it’s called. Seeing them through holes in the walls and shit… fuck, man.

I’m pumped for Starfield, and I’ll get the next Elder Scrolls… but, man, I want a next gen Fallout like right now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I must be the only one who finds it irksome.

The only time it drives me nuts is when I am trying to do the achievements too

Like the "finish the firehouse without using the scaffold" was infuriating because it basically felt like RNG on if I was hitting the super high spots.

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I went attachment crazy and tested everything I had so I missed the achievement for cleaning the van with the red nozzle only.

Oh so did I - that is the beauty of free play. You can always go back

On 7/26/2022 at 3:33 PM, SirFozzie said:

RIP the KOTOR remake before it even got off the ground.

Would it be a KotOR game at this point if it didn't run into massive development troubles?

I have no clue why a developer that mostly does remasters and ports was awarded a full remake project like this, though. EA couldn't have offered this to Respawn or something? 

I don't know why this game needed it, but What Remains of Edith Finch just got a native PS5/Xbox Series release. 4K@60fps. Free upgrade if you already own it, but you can't claim it if you got the game through PS Plus back in 2019.

Even if you can't claim the current gen version - if you have it in your library, on any platform, and you haven't played it... do it, tonight. One of my absolute favorite games. I finished it in one night on the Switch during the pandemic, at work, and I had to go outside after I was done and have a breather (and maybe cried a little bit).

• Like 2