DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Discord is finally coming to XBOX

It will be infuriating to set up since it requires the use of multiple apps to get everything authorized (though I think I already have all the apps)

XBOX Insiders get it starting today and are basically the "Alpha Testers"

Everyone else will get it by the end of the year

• Haha 1

Realized I was playing 5 games at once

• Destiny 2 (the always and forever... I have a problem)
  • MLB The Show 22
  • Fall Guys
  • Escape Academy
  • PowerWash Simulator (which I just started today)

Game Pass is a blessing and a curse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

• MLB The Show 22
  • Fall Guys
  • Escape Academy

Its just a curse as now I am finally playing Assassin's Creed: Origins for the first time due to Game Pass, a 60 hour game when I already have a massive backlog as it is. And I want to try House Flipper, it looks awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

• MLB The Show 22
  • Fall Guys
  • Escape Academy

Phil's virtual pile

16 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

And I want to try House Flipper, it looks awful.

Took me a while to figure out that name must be a reference to "flipping houses". I thought at first maybe it was about the famous dolphin establishing a dynasty.

Dealing with multiple server shutdowns, I decided to start on Everybody's Golf (which it's shutting down on September 30, 2022) and Overwatch (which isn't shutting down but the Overwatch 1 servers are being migrated to Overwatch 2 and it's unknown what will be affected).

Currently, I'm 4 trophies away from a Platinum on Everybody's Golf and 5 trophies away from a Platinum on Overwatch (with 17 DLC trophies left for a 100%).

Then I'll finish up Mercenaries 2: World in Flames on PS3 and Assassin's Creed III Liberation on PSVita.

Oh and Jump Force but I got the online trophies done (despite the game being absolute dogshit).

Edited by Andrew POE!

I hope the success of Stray starts a "play as animal protagonists" trend in video games or at least inspires Sony to greenlight a Tokyo Jungle remake.

• Like 2

The online trophies for Killzone Shadowfall are rough - maybe nearly impossible to do in 20 days. Killzone Mercenary won't take long but Aces High trophy (which is an online trophy) will require many hours to get (usually playing through the campaign missions or doing multiplayer for many hours).

I only have RIGS to worry about and I'll be working on that soon (online trophies will take 6-8 hours to get).

12 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I hope this leads to a remake/remaster of SIM ANT somehow. Unleash hell on the humans and their lawns.

Honestly, that was my favorite SIM game. Probably because it was a much smaller area to deal with.

• Like 1

I don't understand how people are paying for that game.

I have some alternate titles for it.

Hand Cramp Simulator (at least until you find the autospray button)

"Don't You Know We're in a Drought?" Simulator

Who Needs the Colorado River When I Could Have a Clean Sofa Swing Simulator

Goddamnit I Already Blasted That Spot Three Times Simulator

Maybe Don't Live Downwind from an Active Volcano Simulator

Bellowing at People to Live Like Normal Humans Instead of Slobby Fucking Barbarians Simulator

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 3

I take it Power Washer Simulator is completely unnecessary if you actually own a power washer. I'm not going to lie, those things rule. It's one of my most fun power tools. I always feel like a Ghostbuster when using it. Plus, I just get lost in cleaning shit with it. I start with the driveway and the next thing I know I'm using it to blow away ivy growing up one of my trees, cleaning my lawn mower, etc.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I always feel like a Ghostbuster when using it.

I absolutely hate yard work... except for power washing.   Once I get started, I literally cannot stop until I have blasted everything in sight with a high-pressure stream of water and soap.

Yes, I also feel like a Ghostbuster.

As soon as I get home from work, I am going to find this power washer simulator at Microsoft Store.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As soon as I get home from work, I am going to find this power washer simulator at Microsoft Store.

Dude - how do you not have Game Pass?

The thing with the game is they put pretty much everything in Early Access save for the official launch stuff.  So I not only beat all that but would go back to play it when work's stressful and I just need something to calm my ass down.  It's one of those games where I'm kind of sick of it yet can't put the stupid thing down.  I almost wish I never heard about it until Gamepass and I could have been much better off.  At least I would also play Hades over and over which is lots more fun and satisfying.  Plus the soundtrack fucking rules which is what I'm listening to now.