DVDVR Message Board

2022 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

39 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Totally in line with KotOR II's whole existence. 

I stopped playing once I got off Telos because I wanted to wait for the cut content update, so I luckily didn't get to the end and then find out that it's not able to be completed.

I wonder why Aspyr had to release it now. Why not just wait to complete the cut content restoration, finish porting the full game, and then release it? Probably some weird financial stuff. 

• Haha 1

For those that are interested - today is the day that Fall Guys moves to Free to Play and is available on XBOX and Switch (joining the folks who could always play via PS or the Epic Game Store)

As expected - the servers aren't having their finest moment

2 hours ago, JLSigman said:

For those of us who like to play Grim Dawn every year or so, they've put out a fairly comprehensive patch (live on Steam, should be up in a day or two for XBox and GOG) which retools some of the hidden ranged weapon mods, as well as a slew of later/end game gear tweaks.

I just started my annual Grim Dawn playthrough this week with a ranged character so this is extremely germane to my interests.

• Like 1

Shadowrun Returns is good shit. It might be one of those rare games where I buy it because I know it's going to take me 2000 hours to get through the trilogy and it'll leave Gamepass before then ?

Update on the KOTOR II fiasco

Video game studio Aspyr has published a very unusual cheat code for its recent Nintendo Switch port of the classic role-playing game Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II.

“Triple-click the left thumbstick, open the cheats menu, select warp, and warp to OND504.”

That cheat is Aspyr’s workaround for players who are getting stuck in a cut-scene deep into the game. The company recently published the code on its support forums.

Apparently an upcoming patch will fix the issue

Whenever a game gets talked up on the few gaming podcasts I listen to (Nextlander, Giant Bombcast, and now the Jeff Gerstman Show) it's usually a sign that I should buy that game.

And that game is Neon White. Holy shit. This is a fucking game. Like, it just fucking rocks. I have so far wound up replaying every level multiple times to platinum rank each level and to get the gift from each level. What's cool is that by doing that, it's teaching me things to instantly look for whenever I start a new level sight unseen. It almost feels like being in the Matrix and getting training for something. You learn all of these things from other levels, go into a new level you haven't seen yet, and in the first split second it's like you're looking at where the flow of 1s and 0s are that you should be hitting to instantly gold or platinum a level. And then you start your run doing everything you learned, speeding your way through, shooting demons, and then get to the end in about 15 seconds. It's awesome. So awesome. I have mostly skipped past all of the storybook stuff just to get to playing levels faster.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:34 AM, RIPPA said:

For those that are interested - today is the day that Fall Guys moves to Free to Play and is available on XBOX and Switch (joining the folks who could always play via PS or the Epic Game Store)

As expected - the servers aren't having their finest moment

Also, as expected, Mediatonic can't figure out how to make the PS5 trophy list autopop even after the move to Free to Play. Their solution is essentially they know about the problem but you're screwed. Even people that are trying to get the trophies on their own can't get them to unlock.

I don't get it - I got the Platinums for the original trophy list and the re-release trophy list. Why can't they do something simple and make the trophies work for the PS5 version?

So I hit a milestone yesterday. I got my 250th Platinum trophy with Rayman Legends on PS4.

Then about 30 minutes later, I finished the last mission on Hard for Battlefield: Bad Company for PS3 and got my 251st Platinum trophy.

Both weren't that easy at all.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 4

Since the F2P version of Fall Guys is out, I downloaded the UK version from an account I use. I was able to autopop the trophies with a dummy account and...

...I got my 252nd Platinum trophy. Still working on Metal Gear Solid V for PS3 for my next Platinum.

• Like 1

Despite very low expectations I was prepared to check out Diablo Immortal and give it a fair review, but after like 2 years of development and betas and whatever that told us the requirments would be one thing they pulled a massive bait and switch at 2 minutes to midnight and locked out everyone on earth running an A series Samsung phone so they couldn't even get that right, oh well.

Anyway if you buy the new World of Warcraft expansion, fuck you

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Despite very low expectations I was prepared to check out Diablo Immortal and give it a fair review, but after like 2 years of development and betas and whatever that told us the requirments would be one thing they pulled a massive bait and switch at 2 minutes to midnight and locked out everyone on earth running an A series Samsung phone so they couldn't even get that right, oh well.

Anyway if you buy the new World of Warcraft expansion, fuck you

i tried to play Diablo Immortal on my PC. don't know why, but it wouldn't start. may be an issue on my end, may not be. but there's no way to troubleshoot,  so who knows?

uninstalled. guess they don't want me to play. 

on a different note, my xbox360 keeps randomly shutting down after 3-5 minutes of play. frustrating as hell.

5 hours ago, twiztor said:

on a different note, my xbox360 keeps randomly shutting down after 3-5 minutes of play. frustrating as hell.

Listen to make sure your fan is running and there's decent airflow around the box where the vents are.  That sounds like an overheating issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my 253rd Platinum trophy with Metal Gear Solid V on PS3. If you're thinking of starting this, the servers for the PS3 version are shut down. It's possible/likely the PS4 version will shut down in a year or so.

The learning curve for this game is very steep if you've never played a Metal Gear Solid game. I slowly got the hang of the game mechanics and how to do everything.

Also, with the PS3 version shut down, three of the trophies will be unobtainable essentially; the nuclear weapon/disposal of nuclear weapon can be done offline but the GMP is capped at 5 million, so the grind to get the rest of the game is steeper. That means every other trophy will take twice as long to complete.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 1

Has anyone tried out Naraka: Bladepoint? It’s an interesting twist on your typical battle royale, since you do melee/swords/nunchucks/etc in addition to things like a hand-held cannon, musket, etc.

I like the art style and the sword combat, but man oh man there are a TON of micro transactions and shit.

I swear that Bethesda is trying to break my brain.

Starfield's Character Creation is Bethesda's Most Ambitious (gamerant.com)

Oh, and further evidence that the world has gone batshit insane:

Now, over 20 years since "teabagging" began as a practice, some gamers are debating whether it should be considered a controversial action. Specifically, some believe that "teabagging" counts as sexual assault. 

Whatever happened to avenging your teabagging by killing the offender and teabagging him in return?  It has always worked for me.  Rippa and I made a career of shaming defilers in the Crucible until Destiny 2's PvP went to shit and I left the game.

Edited by J.T.

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Whatever happened to avenging your teabagging by killing the offender and teabagging him in return?  It has always worked for me.  Rippa and I made a career of shaming defilers in the Crucible until Destiny 2's PvP went to shit and I left the game.

Hey! Don't drag my good name down with yours. I never teabagged

I will let you decided if that is because I was always too slow with my reflexes or not.

But yeah - folks still teabag left and right in D2 

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hey! Don't drag my good name down with yours. I never teabagged

Neither did I.  I hate teabaggers and would make it a point to grief any teabaggers on the other team.

My crowning achievement in D1 PvP was scoring a game winning sniper headshot in a Clash match on a guy who was in the act of teabagging and then I did the Wave emote to celebrate the victory.  I really do miss my Stillpiercer.

He sent me the best hate message I ever received.   Something about wishing my mother would drink bleach and die.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I've been playing Cultist Simulator a lot and enjoying it quite a bit. A few random notes:

• You can send minions on Expeditions to loot treasures from interesting locations. It's extremely lucrative, but it also generates Notoriety, which can get you in trouble if the authorities catch wind of it.
  • When you change headquarters, you lose Notoriety to represent throwing the authorities off your trail.
  • Some of the locations you can loot become available as new headquarters after you've cleared them.

All three of these points are perfectly reasonable on their own, but the combined effect is that after robbing a place, you often find yourself giving the authorities the slip... by moving into the place you just robbed. So that's a bit odd.

• Haha 1