DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

4 hours ago, AxB said:

If you buy the PPV on Fite early, you get more Fite credits than if you wait to the last minute. And you can spend Fite credits on Fite to get free shows, if you save up enough.

I already have some credits upon subscribing for a year and some other extra for whatever reason. I'm not sure if there's enough for a free PPV yet, but I'd imagine there would be after ordering Revolution. I need to see some of the matches actually announced before I do that, though.

Apparently, I had more than enough credits already! I just purchased Revolution, because why not?

Edited by Shartnado
Got it!
  • Like 3

As far as earlier PPV's go, I'm guessing Full Gear '21 is a no-brainer, but what are the other overall best value for money shows AEW has produced? For now, I'd only be interested in the most top shelf, top to bottom greatest shit they've got. What would those be?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

As far as earlier PPV's go, I'm guessing Full Gear '21 is a no-brainer, but what are the other overall best value for money shows AEW has produced? For now, I'd only be interested in the most top shelf, top to bottom greatest shit they've got. What would those be?

All Out 2021 gets my vote as not only the best AEW PPV but one of the best wrestling PPVs ever. I also recommend Full Gear 2020.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Double or Nothing from last year was pretty good, but it did have some stinkers like Cody vs Ogogo. And people like to complain about Mox & Kingston losing against the Bucks, but it was a good match either way. The first PPV back in front of a full crowd (instead of half capacity like Revolution ‘21) so the atmosphere is pretty electric. Serena vs Riho from the pre-show is really great. Stadium Stampede 2 is fun, but I like stuff like that so YMMV.

All Out 2019 is free on their YouTube channel in two parts, also.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Hands down All Out from last year.  I was actually flipping through it two days ago and got chills seeing all the cool stuff that happened.  You knew there were going to make this extra special and it delivered and then some.

As for Fite the fact that it's not only cheaper than B/R but also goes through their app makes it a no brainer for me.  Never doing B/R again and will always use VPN to get the goods.  I always wanted to find ways to get extra credit at high school (to make up for my kind of average grades but anyway) so I'll be getting on this soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Revolution 2020.

Omega/Hangman vs. Young Bucks is worth the price of it alone. Arguably the best tag match I have ever seen bar none.

All Out and Full Gear from last year objectively top that show, but it held up really well when I watched it a few months ago and was that start of what have been an amazing period with crowds if the damn pandemic did not hit. Besides the tag match, Darby/Sammy was a super fun sprint, Pac/Orange Cassidy was an awesome match with OC at his best, the title match with Mox and Jericho is Jericho's last high end singles match, and the opener between Dustin and Hager was dang good match (though I likely flipped match placement with that and Darby/Sammy). Only real disappointment is Cody/MJF (wrong guy won, and neither man's best work by a long shot).

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I think I'll buy Full Gear 2021 with money and will then have enough credits to buy All Out 2021, too! Next Monday will be payday, so I'll treat myself with those at that time!

And as the year progresses, I'll get to other classic PPV's in due time.

Edited by Shartnado
rest will come later...
  • Like 4