DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I realize this isn't the point, at all, but the Gunn Club theme is really good. Especially at 1.5x speed, not that I'd ever have any reason to hear it on 1.5x speed.

It really feels like the best possible Moroder knockoff.  I think I posted this before, but it sounds like if someone bootlegged Scarface and didn't have the rights to "Push it to the Limit," this could fit in that montage really well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I forgot which thread I was in and thought we had undercover UNCLE KRACKER stans in here.

One of the many things I really liked about that song was it felt like an intentional reference to really shitty late-90s WWE themes by Uncle Kracker.

I hate posting 3 in a row, but I got my tickets for the 3/23 Austin (well, Cedar Park) Rampage/Dynamite. Got the next to cheapest seats ($48/each) on the side behind the camera so you won't see me or any signs. My wife is coming along, she was going to bring a "I'd rather be watching Bravo" sign. Thinking about springing for a hotel room up there too so I'm not driving home at midnight and I can enjoy a couple of cold beers.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, JLowe said:

I hate posting 3 in a row, but I got my tickets for the 3/23 Austin (well, Cedar Park) Rampage/Dynamite. Got the next to cheapest seats ($48/each) on the side behind the camera so you won't see me or any signs. My wife is coming along, she was going to bring a "I'd rather be watching Bravo" sign. Thinking about springing for a hotel room up there too so I'm not driving home at midnight and I can enjoy a couple of cold beers.

Isn't one of the benefits of having wife the fact that you also now have your own designated driver? ?

Hope you get a banger of a show! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JLowe said:

Enjoy, pal!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Gwarsenio is #AllElite!!!! ?

Although I wish he'd had more metal/hc dudes on that song, like motherfuckin Steve Brodsky or something. 

I can’t express how much it pleases me that some of you here are aware of Gwarsenio and 2 Minutes to Late Night.  AEW and bedroom covers.  Together at last.

It’s like that one time Mick Foley was on Kevin Smiths SMODCAST a few years ago.

”OMG!  Two of my favorite things in the same place!” Lols!

Edited by Brandon Bones
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I can’t express how much it pleases me that some of you here are aware of Gwarsenio and 2 Minutes to Late Night.  AEW and bedroom covers.  Together at last.

It’s like that one time Mick Foley was on Kevin Smiths SMODCAST a few years ago.

”OMG!  Two of my favorite things in the same place!” Lols!

It actually came to my attention when somebody posted the cover of "Where Is My Mind" with OC in the video. Gwarsenio's cover arrangements are so good! And I loved going to see bands like Cave In and Converge when I was a teen so seeing those dudes is rad. Shit, seeing Ian from Kowloon Walled City in one of the videos - a dude I used to talk to online a ton - made me mark out. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

It actually came to my attention when somebody posted the cover of "Where Is My Mind" with OC in the video. Gwarsenio's cover arrangements are so good! And I loved going to see bands like Cave In and Converge when I was a teen so seeing those dudes is rad. Shit, seeing Ian from Kowloon Walled City in one of the videos - a dude I used to talk to online a ton - made me mark out. 

Jacob and Kurt from Converge were a year behind me in high school.  One of my favorite bands.  Which basically by proxy made me a Cave In fan too.  Cuz that’s how it works in the Merrimack Valley Hardcore scene.

Edited by Brandon Bones
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

Jacob and Kurt from Converge were a year behind me in high school.  One of my favorite bands.  Which basically by proxy made me a Cave In fan too.  Cuz that’s how it works in the Merrimack County Hardcore scene.

Oh shit! That's cool as hell! I never knew any of the dudes in bands that well, although my cousin dated Aaron Dalbec for a while, hung out with Jake, etc. I'm from southern NH so for me it was just going to shows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I just thought this page needed a Mutoid Main reference.

I saw them at FunFunFun fest a few years ago and they were awesome, I’d never heard of them before but it was a lot of fun.

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It'd be funny to walk into some small gym and see Moxley on the treadmill in his combat boots. 

I was staying at the Marriott in downtown Pittsburgh a few years back and was alone in the exercise room on the treadmill and in walks fucking Mox to use the sauna. Let him be and do his thing but made sure to say a quick hi when he was done. 

• Like 4

During an interview today with Grapsody on Fightful, Jade Cargill noted that she's been training with Bryan Danielson lately. You have him, Kenny Omega, Serena Deeb, Jerry Lynn, ect all training these next generation of ladies. I'm really excited to see how this division looks two years from now.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

During an interview today with Grapsody on Fightful, Jade Cargill noted that she's been training with Bryan Danielson lately. You have him, Kenny Omega, Serena Deeb, Jerry Lynn, ect all training these next generation of ladies. I'm really excited to see how this division looks two years from now.

Mercedes Martinez is also working with Jade.  That's 99% of the reason she was signed.  Good to see the vets helping the rising stars put things together.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

If you buy the PPV on Fite early, you get more Fite credits than if you wait to the last minute. And you can spend Fite credits on Fite to get free shows, if you save up enough.

• Thanks 3