DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

15 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Surely the sexy time with his hot wife. 

Old but relevant tweet from AEW All Out 2021:

12 hours ago, Casey said:

Fightful is reporting that Cody is a free agent and working without a contract right now while he’s the TNT champion.

FJVoUYFWYAYJU_m?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Casey said:

In other, more heartbreaking free agency news - Peter Avalon is seemingly gone from AEW. Or maybe he’s been bumped down a tier, who knows anymore.

FWIW, Avalon worked the Dark tapings I attended at Universal on Saturday. Which is pretty much what he was doing anyways. 

As you may have already figured, Meltzer says there's most likely nothing to the Cody story.

I really just want to watch my simply booked, old school flavored rasslin in peace without this Russo-ass worked shoot bullshit.

Cody is maybe two months away from burning an Observer on PPV, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cody said he's never challenge for the World Title while in AEW. His contract expired and he is currently NOT an AEW wrestler. Hmmm....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I guess we'll be seeing The Butcher a lot more because apparently Keith Buckley went off the deep end and cut of all communication with the rest of Every Time I Die, so Andy and the others have announced a breakup. I was a huge ETID fan for a good while and still think their music rules, but I haven't followed them for the last few years. It's a huge bummer to hear the bad news about Keith, dude always seemed really intelligent and was a great frontman, but from accounts I'm seeing he's cut off not only his longtime bandmates but even his family ☹️

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Sad 4

Anyone know which indy AEW won't let Bryan Danielson work until they (AEW) run the market?

Meltzer mentioned this a few days ago while talking about Moxley returning in GCW.  Apparently, AEW is open to letting talent work indie dates but wants to keep certain matchups and markets for themselves.  Dave specifically mentioned that there's an indy Danielson wants to work with, but can't get AEW's blessing until AEW runs that city.  Tony Khan wants Danielson's first match in that market to happen in an AEW ring.

Dave acted like most people would know what he was talking about without naming names, but I have no clue.  If we're talking first match in that area ever, it's hard to think of any big markets Danielson didn't work before joining WWE.

I assume this means that, if Briscoes-Revival happens, it will be in an AEW ring.

If Moxley's back, it's odd he hasn't been on Dynamite yet.  Or at least been announced for this week's show.  Seems like AEW would/should want Moxley's return match to be in AEW.

6 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Anyone know which indy AEW won't let Bryan Danielson work until they (AEW) run the market?

Meltzer mentioned this a few days ago while talking about Moxley returning in GCW.  Apparently, AEW is open to letting talent work indie dates but wants to keep certain matchups and markets for themselves.  Dave specifically mentioned that there's an indy Danielson wants to work with, but can't get AEW's blessing until AEW runs that city.  Tony Khan wants Danielson's first match in that market to happen in an AEW ring.

Dave acted like most people would know what he was talking about without naming names, but I have no clue.  If we're talking first match in that area ever, it's hard to think of any big markets Danielson didn't work before joining WWE.

I assume this means that, if Briscoes-Revival happens, it will be in an AEW ring.

If Moxley's back, it's odd he hasn't been on Dynamite yet.  Or at least been announced for this week's show.  Seems like AEW would/should want Moxley's return match to be in AEW.

Not "first match in that area ever," just first AEW show in that area.  Best guesses are Defy (Seattle area) or PWG (Los Angeles).  Better odds are on it being Defy as AEW would want Danielson's first big hometown pop to happen on one of their shows.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Best guesses are Defy or PWG.  Better odds are on it' being Defy as AEW would want Danielson's first big hometown pop to happen on one of their shows.

Thanks.  I'm not really familiar with Defy.

Probably not PWG.  Bryan Danielson worked at least several dozen matches in the 2000's and won the PWG title from Chris Hero right before jumping to WWE (he won the title in his farewell match and immediately vacated it).

26 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I guess we'll be seeing The Butcher a lot more because apparently Keith Buckley went off the deep end and cut of all communication with the rest of Every Time I Die, so Andy and the others have announced a breakup. I was a huge ETID fan for a good while and still think their music rules, but I haven't followed them for the last few years. It's a huge bummer to hear the bad news about Keith, dude always seemed really intelligent and was a great frontman, but from accounts I'm seeing he's cut off not only his longtime bandmates but even his family ☹️

Really shitty. Their new one stacks up with anything they've ever put out. Was hoping they worked it out since they played their annual Christmas show in Buffalo, but looking like it's not to be. They've had a great run.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Thanks.  I'm not really familiar with Defy.

Probably not PWG.  Bryan Danielson worked at least several dozen matches in the 2000's and won the PWG title from Chris Hero right before jumping to WWE (he won the title in his farewell match and immediately vacated it).

Sure, but the way I read it, Dave just meant that AEW's standpoint is that they want Danielson to make his "post WWE" debut for AEW, not an indy, in this mystery market.  But it's Dave, and he's pretty fucking nebulous, so who knows what he means?

I don’t think Moxley is on his way back - to me it just seems like a one-off so he can drop the GCW title (since they already said they wouldn’t strip Mox of the title when he went into rehab or whatever it was).

Briscoes vs FTR might happen elsewhere, it’s not on the same level as wanting Bryan Danielson’s first Washington area show to be with AEW instead of an indie. I don’t even think AEW has mentioned the Briscoes war of words with FTR, not to mention they confronted each other at ROH’s “last show”. It’ll either happen in GCW, or at Supercard of Honor in April.

Just saw the layout for the venue they're running this Wednesday and Friday. From the looks of it, they are going to shoot the shows like the Miami shows. I really love that they aren't married to one specific way to shoot a show.

• Like 5

Briscoes had a pretty awesome video on Facebook where Jay told Tony Khan to land his plane in their cornfield and it ended with Jay saying he was going to clear a path for the jet to land or something, so hopefully Briscoes are onto something. I think their promos would put AEW through the roof but who knows...

Just heard the new Gunn Club's theme and - AEW just hits on all their entrance music don't they? Like, I'm not trying to be too over the top or anything, but there are a litany of theme songs they have that I listen to in the car on occasion. I don't think WWE has had music this good in quite some time (although Roman's new theme goes hard AF), but Mikey Ruckus and whoever else helps with AEW's music does a phenomenal job. I think they all really hit the personality of the characters and adds to them.

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, Horatio said:

Briscoes had a pretty awesome video on Facebook where Jay told Tony Khan to land his plane in their cornfield and it ended with Jay saying he was going to clear a path for the jet to land or something, so hopefully Briscoes are onto something. I think their promos would put AEW through the roof but who knows...

Did you miss the one where Wheeler said they'd kick the shit out of the Briscoes in front of their own chickens?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Show has missed him, to be honest. There are so many people he could tear it up with. I really want to see him and Miro beef. Maybe Cole after Cole's likely title challenge.

I don't think it's likely that Cole wins the title for quite a while.  I foresee a lengthy title run for Page for starters.  Cole wil lmost likely be tied up with the Elite at least until Omega comes back. I don't know if Danielson takes the belt off of Page, but I'd be very surprised if his title reign isn't at least 6 months after the story they told to get him here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Show has missed him, to be honest. There are so many people he could tear it up with. I really want to see him and Miro beef. Maybe Cole after Cole's likely title challenge.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing that Mox/Danielson match they were building to in the tournament.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I sure wouldn't mind seeing that Mox/Danielson match they were building to in the tournament.

That's kind of interesting, because it seemed like they were heading toward Mox playing the heel there.  Now, there's no way he's getting booed, at least for a while. Luckily, Danielson went heel in the meantime, so maybe they can still feud, but with the roles reversed.

• Like 5