DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

Makes me wonder if TK has any idea of who might be the people to replace JR and Schiavone when they do decide to step down and retire. Not sure how long away that is, but for Schiavone - I could see it being 2024 possibly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Makes me wonder if TK has any idea of who might be the people to replace JR and Schiavone when they do decide to step down and retire. Not sure how long away that is, but for Schiavone - I could see it being 2024 possibly.

Tom Phillips finally making IMPACT tolerable again might make him a front runner to hire.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Also, I just can't visualize Tay as a heel, she's not bubbly but she exudes a positive vibe.

I'm quoting this for no other reason than my personal prediction is that she will be a heel before the end of 2022. New boyfriend, middle fingers to the camera, extra feistyness in matches. Something in my gut tells me it's organically going to head that way. 

4 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I would love to be considered in that conversation.  It's not just about knowing the wrestlers, moves and storylines. You have to think about who your broadcast partners could be, and how to play to their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. I'm ready if they need me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

I think Anna Jay's pants are actually tinier. Also, I just can't visualize Tay as a heel, she's not bubbly but she exudes a positive vibe.

TayJay to me are one of the biggest arguments for having a Women's tag title. I like them both as singles wrestlers but I think right now they get over best as a tag team (and the street fight sealed that). Them doing dual QueenSlayers on the twins was a nice touch.

Which reminds me that Nyla and Emi were also awesome as a tag team this week.

Tay is very bubbly, she's an uber-natural babyface who does badass and vulnerable really well.  Anna's the Luger to Tay's Sting.

• Like 1

Tay Conti is looking more and more confident and snug.  That was the best she's looked.  Anna's having some growing pains.  Sound strategy from the AEW brass would be to have these newcomers minimize their offense like Young Lions.  What the hell is that diving neckbreaker doing for Ms. Jay?  She performs/attempts far too many cute (needless) maneuvers. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

(apologies if already posted)

Tweeted 15 minutes after the Fightful report about WWE having an interest in Wardlow:

It’s a fine enough article but my goodness. If AEW were a mature company with a proper risk management program, “Tony K does some dumb shit on Twitter because he feels threatened when he reads something and it gets us thrown off the air” would be my top risk for the entire company.

Someone get the man some support. And I say that sincerely because I love the product and don’t want some reactionary TK Twitter nonsense to get them into deep shit.

• Like 4

On 1/6/2022 at 11:44 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

What's the all time best lights out moment?  The ones that come to mind for me are 'Taz-Sabu finally squaring off' at the November to Remember 96 (is that right?) or the nuclear explosion that was Jerry Lawler debuting at the ECW Arena.  The lesser stakes Cornette ECW debut was pretty rad too.

• Like 12

Having the TBS premiere back to back with the first TNT quarterly special was a mistake. The first Battle of the Belts was basically a throwaway show. Also, Ricky Starks vs. Matt Sydal for the FTW title? Matt Sydal is a jobber. Why even put that on the show? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, just drew said:

I know I have my quirks, but if I can't laugh at them then what's the point?

As the Joker says in Batman (1989): "Have you heard the healing power of laughter?" With what life throws at you, sometimes you need gallows humour or you'll cry. Good on you, @just drew. We'll agree to disagree on Sasha Banks ?.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

(apologies if already posted)

Tweeted 15 minutes after the Fightful report about WWE having an interest in Wardlow:

It’s a fine enough article but my goodness. If AEW were a mature company with a proper risk management program, “Tony K does some dumb shit on Twitter because he feels threatened when he reads something and it gets us thrown off the air” would be my top risk for the entire company.

Someone get the man some support. And I say that sincerely because I love the product and don’t want some reactionary TK Twitter nonsense to get them into deep shit.

Ding ding ding.

And as more people don't get renewed and leave the company and tell their stories, which will generate provocative clickbait, this has potential to escalate quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

I know TK is the boss and everything, but the AEW social media accounts are controlled by Judge Jeff Jones (and I think Leva Bates) and they really need to get rid of Jones anyway.

Oh that would explain A LOT