DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

22 minutes ago, alstein said:

Tay and WWE were the worst possible fit.

I don't watch WWE/NXT and haven't for 15 years or more, so my guess would be they had her dress like a Carnaval dancer and giving people the Stinkface.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thankfully that wasn't what happened (thought the thought of it made me have to settle down)  She started out wearing a gi and lost more times than she won.  Towards the end she went heel and showed lots more personality so who knows what would have happened if she was there longer.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I've been considering a similar topic for the Youtube shows.  It could cover Dark, Elevation and the vlogs like BTE.  Not sure if that's worth doing but if there's enough interest I can create one.

I personally like that and think it's a great idea. They have enough content spread throughout YouTube that I think a topic of its own is viable.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I personally like that and think it's a great idea. They have enough content spread throughout YouTube that I think a topic of its own is viable.

That's a great point that I was about to make as well - we could make it a YouTube catch all and cover Road To... and BTE there too

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Also things like the women's tag tournament from Japan if they ever do anything like that again
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thankfully that wasn't what happened (thought the though of it made me have to settle down)  She started out wearing a gi and lost more times than she won.  Towards the end she went heel and showed lots more personality so who knows what would have happened if she was there longer.

I think Anna Jay's pants are actually tinier. Also, I just can't visualize Tay as a heel, she's not bubbly but she exudes a positive vibe.

TayJay to me are one of the biggest arguments for having a Women's tag title. I like them both as singles wrestlers but I think right now they get over best as a tag team (and the street fight sealed that). Them doing dual QueenSlayers on the twins was a nice touch.

Which reminds me that Nyla and Emi were also awesome as a tag team this week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

We have a park with a big lake about a block away and those geese hiss at us like a motherfucker.  All I can do is think about escape plans or whether I could just punt those fuckers if they decide to attack.

The neighborhood where I grew up as a kid had a section with a bunch of ponds where all the rich folks lived. Canadian Geese migrated there every year and they shit EVERYWHERE. The roads were covered in green. Ironic, you ask me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

In other news: Tony Schiavone signed an extension to stay until 2024.

One of the best things to come from AEW's creation. I underappreciated Tony Schiavone. I think that came from the repetitive "Greatest night in the sport's history" and near the end of WCW.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6

Makes me wonder if TK has any idea of who might be the people to replace JR and Schiavone when they do decide to step down and retire. Not sure how long away that is, but for Schiavone - I could see it being 2024 possibly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Makes me wonder if TK has any idea of who might be the people to replace JR and Schiavone when they do decide to step down and retire. Not sure how long away that is, but for Schiavone - I could see it being 2024 possibly.

Tom Phillips finally making IMPACT tolerable again might make him a front runner to hire.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Also, I just can't visualize Tay as a heel, she's not bubbly but she exudes a positive vibe.

I'm quoting this for no other reason than my personal prediction is that she will be a heel before the end of 2022. New boyfriend, middle fingers to the camera, extra feistyness in matches. Something in my gut tells me it's organically going to head that way. 

4 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I would love to be considered in that conversation.  It's not just about knowing the wrestlers, moves and storylines. You have to think about who your broadcast partners could be, and how to play to their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. I'm ready if they need me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

I think Anna Jay's pants are actually tinier. Also, I just can't visualize Tay as a heel, she's not bubbly but she exudes a positive vibe.

TayJay to me are one of the biggest arguments for having a Women's tag title. I like them both as singles wrestlers but I think right now they get over best as a tag team (and the street fight sealed that). Them doing dual QueenSlayers on the twins was a nice touch.

Which reminds me that Nyla and Emi were also awesome as a tag team this week.

Tay is very bubbly, she's an uber-natural babyface who does badass and vulnerable really well.  Anna's the Luger to Tay's Sting.

• Like 1

Tay Conti is looking more and more confident and snug.  That was the best she's looked.  Anna's having some growing pains.  Sound strategy from the AEW brass would be to have these newcomers minimize their offense like Young Lions.  What the hell is that diving neckbreaker doing for Ms. Jay?  She performs/attempts far too many cute (needless) maneuvers. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

(apologies if already posted)

Tweeted 15 minutes after the Fightful report about WWE having an interest in Wardlow:

It’s a fine enough article but my goodness. If AEW were a mature company with a proper risk management program, “Tony K does some dumb shit on Twitter because he feels threatened when he reads something and it gets us thrown off the air” would be my top risk for the entire company.

Someone get the man some support. And I say that sincerely because I love the product and don’t want some reactionary TK Twitter nonsense to get them into deep shit.

• Like 4