DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

7 hours ago, just drew said:

To each their own I suppose. I like stories in my matches too. But when the story is “I’m going to undermine my opponents offense and damage their credibility for the sake of mugging to the camera,” it gets tiresome. But do you, man.

Whereas you constantly bitching and moaning about The Young Bucks remains eternally fresh and interesting. ?

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Whereas you constantly bitching and moaning about The Young Bucks remains eternally fresh and interesting.

I mean, this is a discussion board, right? No one needs to treat my opinion as more or less important than anyone else's. If you don't want to discuss the Young Bucks, their lack of psychology or their unwillingness to make their opponents look credible, maybe it's best not to bring them up.

Edited by just drew

7 hours ago, just drew said:

..it gets tiresome...

Had this typed up before but thought better of it. Seeing you quadruple down on it, I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

I know the feeling man lol. Your opinions are fine. Some people agree. Some people don't agree. Like what you like. But stop posting that same shit post rants about The Young Bucks in every AEW thread please. I'm not even saying you're wrong for not liking them. I don't care either way how you feel. I'm just sick of seeing the same rant over and over. To maybe put this in context, you & The Young Bucks is equal to Niners and Sasha. He puts her over. You tear The Bucks down. Two sides of the same damn coin.

(Typed this up before seeing @Gordlow's post saying essentially the same thing. Hopefully the Niners \ Sasha example breaks through to you tho. I like seeing your posts. I don't want you to post less. I just want less Young Bucks rants. It's tiresome dude).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

It's much bigger in Canada. There are at least 6 in my city, and we don't even have 150,000 people.

A&W Canada isn't even a subsidiary of the American A&W anymore. They're a separate company. And yes, they're much more successful.

Edited by tbarrie

That’s fair. And it’s possible that I am what the kids call “on one” today. It is very hard for me to read something like “the young bucks are the best tag team wrestling has to offer” and not want to peel my face off. It’s legitimately baffling to me how anyone watches them and sees that. But maybe I say it too much. If I do, I’ll try to say it less. It’s just hard to let something I see as egregiously false go by without responding.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 7:52 PM, just drew said:

CM Punk, Ruby Riott, Danielson, the UE guys et al are gonna get deals. Any promoter who isn't an idiot is bringing them in. Some folks who were signed to be match fillers in 2019 are gonna get eased to the wayside. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't understand what the UE guys are doing on that first list. They're all the epitome of "signed to be match fillers" to me, except AEW doesn't need match fillers anymore. So why sign them?

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

I don't understand what the UE guys are doing on that first list. They're all the epitome of "signed to be match fillers" to me, except AEW doesn't need match fillers anymore. So why sign them?

They aren’t my cup of tea, and in a perfect they’d go back to apprenticing with the Lollipop Guild where they belong, but they’re hugely popular with the fan base AEW is going for.

7 minutes ago, just drew said:

They aren’t my cup of tea, and in a perfect they’d go back to apprenticing with the Lollipop Guild where they belong, but they’re hugely popular with the fan base AEW is going for.

I suppose that's fair. It was just jarring seeing them lumped in with stars the magnitude of Punk and Danielson. (Ruby's not on those two's level either, but AEW's women's roster is pretty undersized compared to their men's, so it seems reasonable to consider her a must-sign.)

Ruby isn’t on the level of Punk or Bryan, but she’s a huge star compared to most of the women on their roster, which is the point i was trying to make. I could’ve been clearer about that. 

That’s kind of my point about the UE guys, too. They’re vanilla midgets, and I think TK’s gotta get away from hoarding those type of guys, but they’re far more useful than the Joey Janelas of the world…