DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

36 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

looks like Battle of the Belts will be a 60 min show tonight with the rest being taped for Dark. Every Champion but Cody will have a match.  Dustin Vs Sami for the interim TV title. 

I noticed that TK said this too.  Adam Page is wrestling on it?  If not, not every champion is wrestling.  

25 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I noticed that TK said this too.  Adam Page is wrestling on it?  If not, not every champion is wrestling.  

I could see Page teaming with members of the Dark Order in a multi man match for the Dark taping.

I was thinking about the Marko situation, and it reminded me that not all the folks signed at AEW's inception were brought in because TK wanted to feature them or because he had big plans. Some of them got deals because they were indy names of some repute that were available. It's pretty near impossible to have a fresh wrestling show every week without a full roster, especially when TK seems to be adamant that people not wrestle every single week. CM Punk, Ruby Riott, Danielson, the UE guys et al are gonna get deals. Any promoter who isn't an idiot is bringing them in. Some folks who were signed to be match fillers in 2019 are gonna get eased to the wayside. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 6

Marko's greatest moments in AEW are losing to Brodie Lee, losing to Lance Archer, and getting thrown into orbit by Wardlow. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 5

When it comes to Blacks entrance.  I really wish they would cut away or go lights out again at the moment he moves to stand up on the stage.    Otherwise it’s fine.  But I like the creepy concept of “moving without moving” which the entrance almost achieves. 

• Like 3

Just went back and re-watched the Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks match from All Out. I think at this point I have to say that as far as I've been a fan of professional wrestling, the Young Bucks might just be the best tag team that I have seen. For two straight years (one could argue three if you wanted to throw Esculera De La Muerte on there) the Bucks have been in what I view as the best match of the year. Revolution 2020, that match against Hangman and Omega was just so good that I said and still maintain it was the greatest tag match I've ever seen. To have three storylines all going on at one time during the match, along with the actual match itself was just absolutely top notch. Fast forward to last year and they put on an absolute BANGER with the Lucha Bros inside the cage that the crowd gobbled up. Again, the backstory and history that the teams had between each other, the ripped masks, the blood, the pop, Penta embracing his family after the match. Talk about hitting on all points.

I get it, the Bucks aren't some people's cup of tea in the ring and that's fair - but as far as presenting a good storyline with a good payoff, they are as good as anybody in my opinion. Granted, I wasn't around for the Horsemen or the Freebird days so that stuff may not resonate with me as much as 1999-now but I'll be damned if the Bucks aren't in the pinnacle of wrestling tag teams.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Random thought: Luchasaurus should switch up his mask to go with his ring gear instead of wearing the same thing every time. Yes, I know that interferes with the very light-hearted kayfabe they are going for, but come on, it would look SO much better.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 1 person, standing and text that says 'JOIN DARK ORDER'Go

Gonna tell the kids this was Anna Jay

3 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

He was a Jungle Boy, she said see you later boy, Luchasaurus has horns and an ancient history degree.

Avril Lavinge has always annoyed me with the exception of these two posts. Gracias fellas for the laughs!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

He was a Jungle Boy, she said see you later boy, Luchasaurus has horns and an ancient history degree.

I too was going to make an Avril Lavigne pun, but it was too complicated.

Also in reference to Danhausen’s application,

Indy wrestling - paid in hotdogs for selling.

Fast food - paid to SELL hot dogs.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5