DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

In addition, Sammy's vlog changed the opening to remove Marko from it entirely and Marko has been completely absent. Even when Marko wasn't being used before, he would still be backstage and still be Sammy's roommate or travel buddy along with Fuego. They don't even mention Marko's name now. Not even a, "hope you're doing well" comment or anything. It has made me wonder if Marko rubbed some people the wrong way or Marko got dragged into whatever shit his brother was involved in.

He turned up a few times. Alan Angels verbally referenced Marko being nothing but a side character (in the vlog), and it cut to Marko, at home, watching the clip on his laptop and going "What the fu-" and then not appearing again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

Wasn't the first appearance of Sting after Hulk Hogan went NWO a lights out moment, followed by the cameras finally finding him in the rafters?

To me, it's a spot that's been done to death and I don't even like it as an entrance for Black. 

I love everything about Malakai Black's entrance, the music, the posturing, the lights out.  But to each their own, of course.  Lights out regardless of what the lights on reveals still stirs the crowd into a frenzy.  I like that sound and feeling.  Tho, as was mentioned earlier, AEW is playing with disappointment lately.  

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Looks like a 90’s surfboard company logo. I like it.

Paragon is fine and all, but this company could use a voice in their production meetings that points out how similar certain angles, finishes on the same show, and a few of their names are.  Paragon and Pinnacle in the same company feels a bit redundant. 

So stoked to hear the Briscoes are a lock.  Seems strange to hold off their debut so long after the Final Battle angle.  Jeff Hardy I'm curious about.  To the WWE watchers, mental health and addictions aside, how was Jeff's in ring ability in WWE 2021?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

House show coming to Charlotte. Hopefully recorded for future streaming like The House Always Wins. 

If you're referring to TK today, I took it as him saying that along with Battle of the Belts, the Charlotte crowd would be getting an entertaining house show tomorrow night. But I may have got that wrong.

9 minutes ago, Infinit said:

If you're referring to TK today, I took it as him saying that along with Battle of the Belts, the Charlotte crowd would be getting an entertaining house show tomorrow night. But I may have got that wrong.

No, that'd make sense. Still hope it's recorded and a cut above your average Dark and D:E. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

looks like Battle of the Belts will be a 60 min show tonight with the rest being taped for Dark. Every Champion but Cody will have a match.  Dustin Vs Sami for the interim TV title. 

I noticed that TK said this too.  Adam Page is wrestling on it?  If not, not every champion is wrestling.  

25 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I noticed that TK said this too.  Adam Page is wrestling on it?  If not, not every champion is wrestling.  

I could see Page teaming with members of the Dark Order in a multi man match for the Dark taping.

I was thinking about the Marko situation, and it reminded me that not all the folks signed at AEW's inception were brought in because TK wanted to feature them or because he had big plans. Some of them got deals because they were indy names of some repute that were available. It's pretty near impossible to have a fresh wrestling show every week without a full roster, especially when TK seems to be adamant that people not wrestle every single week. CM Punk, Ruby Riott, Danielson, the UE guys et al are gonna get deals. Any promoter who isn't an idiot is bringing them in. Some folks who were signed to be match fillers in 2019 are gonna get eased to the wayside. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 6

Marko's greatest moments in AEW are losing to Brodie Lee, losing to Lance Archer, and getting thrown into orbit by Wardlow. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 5

When it comes to Blacks entrance.  I really wish they would cut away or go lights out again at the moment he moves to stand up on the stage.    Otherwise it’s fine.  But I like the creepy concept of “moving without moving” which the entrance almost achieves. 

• Like 3