DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

To go back to the "dream signing" thing

In the WON, Dave was listing all the available names that AEW could sign and obviously they won't sign them all.

But to him - the folks they "have" to bring in are...

• Johnny Gargano
  • Keith Lee (Health permitting)
  • Ember Moon
  • Bandido

He did mention that he would also put Dragon Lee on the list but he knows "key people are negative on him based on the Cow Palace show and Hiromu Takahashi broken neck."

Meltzer all but said the Briscoes and Jeff Hardy are locks to be brought in

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

"There will be an announced change due to medical protocol to Saturday’s #AEWBOTB Battle of the Belts card."

Who's off the show? 

EDIT - Nevermind, forgot the show was already taped

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

To go back to the "dream signing" thing

In the WON, Dave was listing all the available names that AEW could sign and obviously they won't sign them all.

But to him - the folks they "have" to bring in are...

• Johnny Gargano
  • Keith Lee (Health permitting)
  • Ember Moon
  • Bandido

He did mention that he would also put Dragon Lee on the list but he knows "key people are negative on him based on the Cow Palace show and Hiromu Takahashi broken neck."

Meltzer all but said the Briscoes and Jeff Hardy are locks to be brought in

Read somewhere that AEW's coming soon to Cleveland, Ohio and that's the hometown of one Johnny Gargano.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is KTB (Kyle the Beast)

And yes he worked a couple of Dark matches

I'm sure he's fine and all, but that name makes me think his gimmick is "Bad kid on a dirt bike, drinking a can of Monster, angry he's been banned from Call of Duty for using racial ephitets"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

In addition, Sammy's vlog changed the opening to remove Marko from it entirely and Marko has been completely absent. Even when Marko wasn't being used before, he would still be backstage and still be Sammy's roommate or travel buddy along with Fuego. They don't even mention Marko's name now. Not even a, "hope you're doing well" comment or anything. It has made me wonder if Marko rubbed some people the wrong way or Marko got dragged into whatever shit his brother was involved in.

He turned up a few times. Alan Angels verbally referenced Marko being nothing but a side character (in the vlog), and it cut to Marko, at home, watching the clip on his laptop and going "What the fu-" and then not appearing again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

Wasn't the first appearance of Sting after Hulk Hogan went NWO a lights out moment, followed by the cameras finally finding him in the rafters?

To me, it's a spot that's been done to death and I don't even like it as an entrance for Black. 

I love everything about Malakai Black's entrance, the music, the posturing, the lights out.  But to each their own, of course.  Lights out regardless of what the lights on reveals still stirs the crowd into a frenzy.  I like that sound and feeling.  Tho, as was mentioned earlier, AEW is playing with disappointment lately.  

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Looks like a 90’s surfboard company logo. I like it.

Paragon is fine and all, but this company could use a voice in their production meetings that points out how similar certain angles, finishes on the same show, and a few of their names are.  Paragon and Pinnacle in the same company feels a bit redundant. 

So stoked to hear the Briscoes are a lock.  Seems strange to hold off their debut so long after the Final Battle angle.  Jeff Hardy I'm curious about.  To the WWE watchers, mental health and addictions aside, how was Jeff's in ring ability in WWE 2021?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

House show coming to Charlotte. Hopefully recorded for future streaming like The House Always Wins. 

If you're referring to TK today, I took it as him saying that along with Battle of the Belts, the Charlotte crowd would be getting an entertaining house show tomorrow night. But I may have got that wrong.

9 minutes ago, Infinit said:

If you're referring to TK today, I took it as him saying that along with Battle of the Belts, the Charlotte crowd would be getting an entertaining house show tomorrow night. But I may have got that wrong.

No, that'd make sense. Still hope it's recorded and a cut above your average Dark and D:E. 

• Like 2