DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

19 minutes ago, EVA said:

Alabama has beautiful white sand beaches on the Gulf front. Please direct your scare quotes to Mississippi.

The beaches on the (Mississippi portion) gulf ain't that bad.

That said, I've only been to the Gulf part of the state like 3 times and most of that pre Katrina and 90 other devastating hurricanes that have hit that area.

Now, the beach in Grenada, MS much closer to where I'm from...that shit ain't no beach. The poor people in the Northern part of the state (which is mostly forest and almost vacant, sparsely populated towns outside the Delta) decided to make their own beach since they don't travel down south.

I think the main reason why AEW signs so many wrestlers is so that, if there's another big lockdown or a massive Covid outbreak, they'll still have enough of a roster to run shows that feel like AEW shows. Unlike in the first lockdown when they were having Anna Jay wrestle Shida on Dynamite, in Anna's sixth pro match ever.

I mean, i liked the Nightmare Factory tapings for what they were, but they were closer to being a Dark than a Dynamite. 

So, no preset “North American” or “dream signing” hints by TK. I heard TK was on the grassy knoll with an umbrella.  People try and choke TK with his own words.  He truly lives rent free in the heads of his more persistent critics/haters.

Will Chris Hero ever get back in the ring?  I pictured Hero in the “Funk” role as a judge tonight. Hangman wins, Hero is the retired veteran who asks Hangman for the next title shot.  Hangman compliments  him on having a great career before explaining the Top 5 Rankings and politely turns down Hero’s request.  They shake again and Hangman spends two to three weeks not wrestling and wearing a neck brace.  He acquired that condition after Hero piledrives him in some spectacular spot - maybe even through a table or off the apron.  In the next few weeks Hero works like seven or eight times with a winning streak to match.  Then they fight!  

Should Hero be unavailable CM Punk would be AMAZING as a replacement.  There must be other veterans with comparable career paths to Punk and Hero.  Jay Briscoe would work if Mark is injured when they come in.

Edited by Ryan Faulconer
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Casey said:

Also, Cody is on G4's Attack of the Show: The Loop this afternoon. It's a sit down interview show that Kevin Pereira does - he did a pretty long one with Xavier Woods sometime in December.

I don't want to say it's surprising but at the same time considering Xavier's part of the team and WWE stars were previously on it it kind of is.  I thought WWE would have said something about it though I guess they don't care one way or another.

As for Cody I'm assuming it'll be a fluff piece about his love for Zelda, Halo, some pop culture stuff and hyping up AEW.  I wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking but it should make for an interesting interview anyway.

Speaking of which, I was watching the Halo Championship Series event a couple of weeks ago and Mr. Bay Bay made a guest appearance in Raleigh and was actually doing pretty well. (He played in a Big Team Battle exhabition. Was even killing some of the all time graats in Halo. My mind was blown)

Seeing my two favorite things, competitive Halo and wrestling cross polinate (Jebailey and Fyter Fest 2019 as well with CEO) is always a joy. Just another reason I love AEW. 

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Speaking of which, I was watching the Halo Championship Series event a couple of weeks ago and Mr. Bay Bay made a guest appearance in Raleigh and was actually doing pretty well. (He played in a Big Team Battle exhabition. Was even killing some of the all time graats in Halo. My mind was blown)

Seeing my two favorite things, competitive Halo and wrestling cross polinate (Jebailey and Fyter Fest 2019 as well with CEO) is always a joy. Just another reason I love AEW. 

Not sure if you knew this but he has a Twitch channel called TheChugs and he's been on AEW Games's Youtube channel many times.  He's a big-time gamer and started that years ago as he had to find something else to get into aside from wrestling.  He's played all the Halo games and likes Infinite quite a bit.  Which reminds me I need to consider playing the campaign at some point.  And if you wanted to go further back he was a regular on Xavier's UpUpDwnDwn channel while with WWE.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If anyone's watching or listening to Khan on Rasslin, would you mind letting me know if he says anything about the Four Pillars? They recorded it after the Cody interview, and there's something I hope gets followed up on. 

It doesn't get brought up in the TK interview. And honestly, since it's continued to be a thing in MJF promos and angles, I don't think he has a problem with it either.

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

It doesn't get brought up in the TK interview. And honestly, since it's continued to be a thing in MJF promos and angles, I don't think he has a problem with it either.

Didn't think I was implying such. It's being referenced almost weekly and there's a shirt of it for some reason, so that much was clear. I was more looking for confirmation of Cody's characterization (or even speculation) of how it may have came about, with regard to MJF just saying it and it not being a Tony idea.

Just because WON just posted an updated list figured I would share this

Here's the updated list of announced AEW show locations:

Wednesday, January 5: Dynamite/Rampage (Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey)
Saturday, January 8: Battle of the Belts TNT special event (Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina)
Wednesday, January 12: Dynamite/Rampage (PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina)
Wednesday, January 19: Dynamite (Entertainment & Sports Arena in Washington, D.C.)
Friday, January 21: Rampage (Entertainment & Sports Arena in Washington, D.C.)
Wednesday, January 26: Dynamite/Rampage (Wolstein Center in Cleveland, Ohio)
Wednesday, February 2: Dynamite/Rampage (Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois)
Wednesday, February 9: Dynamite/Rampage (Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey)
Wednesday, February 16: Dynamite/Rampage (Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee)
Wednesday, February 23: Dynamite/Rampage (Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Connecticut)
Wednesday, March 2: Dynamite (Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida)
Friday, March 4: Rampage (Addition Financial Arena in Orlando, Florida)
Sunday, March 6: Revolution pay-per-view (Addition Financial Arena in Orlando, Florida)
Wednesday, April 13: Dynamite/Rampage (UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana)

The Jan 26th show (and taping) will be Beach Break per Tony Khan

And I am amused at TK pimping Lake Erie's beaches

Is Regal medically incapable of having another match, or could he theoretically get himself in shape and do a retirement tour? Because there's some fascinating matches out there for him, if he could physically have them.

Just now, Craig H said:

Oh shit. Regal got released? 

Yes - check the general thread - WWE purged NXT of basically all HHH folks

The monkey paw trade y'all are gonna have to accept is that while you might get Regal you also might get the New Age Outlaws

• Like 1
  • Haha 1