DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

Haha… I didn’t even read that tweet before, and I had a feeling I knew what it was. Apparently her tweet was “Except mine is real”. Whatever… Apparently the peer pressure caught on to her, because now she sports a short doo.

And yes I think she’s a very good worker. Bad bump today aside, she’s a better worker than Swole.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

The thing was, Madi saw Swole's tweet, and assumed "Ok, I'm a heel, she's a face, we're on the same show, must be an angle", and so responded in character. Which Swole, who was legit pissed off, took as Madi shooting and got way angry.

They sorted it out eventually.

• Like 1

Tony Khan has teased a "dream signing" coming "pretty soon" to AEW.

Appearing in an interview on New York radio station Z 100, AEW president, head of creative and GM Tony Khan was asked by interviewer Josh Martinez whether there was a "dream signing," and whether or not that signing would come from North America. The transcript: 

Martinez: Is there any, I'll call it a dream signing, that you're kind of going after? And you can say yes or no, you don't have to go into details. But I just want to know, are they in North America or are they not? That's all I want to know. 

Khan: There is, they are in North America, and they're coming. And, pretty soon. And it's going to be awesome, I'm very excited.

Be interesting to see who it is. Tony Khan likes his big announcements, sometimes it works (CM Punk was heavily rumoured, ditto for Bryan Danielson and there's times it doesn't (Big Show/Christian Cage and I really like Christian Cage).

Time for CM Punk to stop spinning his wheels and step up a level in competition.

Time for AEW to get THE crossover star to put them on the map of mainstream media.

Time... Is up. His time... Is now.

#HeelJohnCenaisALLELITE

Unless of course it's...

Time... To play the Game!

#PaulLevesqueisALLELITE

Edited by L_W_P

Edit: I joke, but maybe it is someone like Windham doing a Freddy like gimmick. But then I feel like Windham is going back to the WWE. Him being out for so long makes me think it’s both a personal thing, and him deciding to just stick around to wait for the WWE to call him back.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 minutes ago, A_K said:

Clicked that Twitter link, read down & saw Sammy/Tay post. That’s cool but what the fuck was that whole proposing on national television thing all about in the autumn? Wow 

A massive mistake. The funny thing was I feel like Sammy & Tay was probably a thing before that. They both were super flirty on those vlogs for the longest. Might’ve thought it was just a fling between the two, but they probably wanted it more, and more. 

• Like 1

Tony Khan has teased a "dream signing" coming "pretty soon" to AEW.

Appearing in an interview on New York radio station Z 100, AEW president, head of creative and GM Tony Khan was asked by interviewer Josh Martinez whether there was a "dream signing," and whether or not that signing would come from North America. The transcript: 

Martinez: Is there any, I'll call it a dream signing, that you're kind of going after? And you can say yes or no, you don't have to go into details. But I just want to know, are they in North America or are they not? That's all I want to know. 

Khan: There is, they are in North America, and they're coming. And, pretty soon. And it's going to be awesome, I'm very excited.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

CHASE OWENS IS ALL ELITE~!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, A_K said:

Clicked that Twitter link, read down & saw Sammy/Tay post. That’s cool but what the fuck was that whole proposing on national television thing all about in the autumn? Wow 

It was always Sammy's plan to propose in the ring, in his hometown show in Houston. But the Houston show was delayed by like 18 months because of the pandemic. If we'd never had lockdown, the timing would look different.

• Like 1