DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

Megan Bayne and Statlander both being in the same promotion is going to give me the vapors.

If there is never a battle of the hoss women Bayne vs Statlander vs Jade match then what the fuck are we even doing here? 

And Jake Atlas showed in one match on Elevation more than he ever did in NXT. That dude. Damn. 

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Jake Atlas debut was on point.  I hadn't seen him since pre-WWE, he looks like a heavyweight now.  I expect in a couple weeks to a month he'll be as buzzed about as any young AEW talent.  

Anybody know the Troy Hollywood catalog?  He and Lethal was excellent.  Ray Jaz looked good too.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Oh damn, I forgot he kinda sorta retired or said he was moving on from wrestling. Maybe Jungle Boy or his other friends in AEW convinced him to give it another shot.

Maybe he only moved on from sports entertainment.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but looks like a big ol' Dark tonight:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/comments/rvsmu5/card_for_tonights_aew_dark/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Three "name vs name" matches, some "up and comer vs. up and comer" matches, and a lot of women's matches. This is looking like a WCWSN level show.

• Like 4

While not specifically a Jaguars game, will this be the first time AEW has been opposite of an NFL game? I know TK has said he doesn't want to conflict with the NFL but Battle of The Belts goes head to head with a Cowboys v Eagles game being simulcast on ESPN & ABC.

• Thanks 1

I mean it's Dark. A lot of the Dark match spots go to friends of dudes under contract and what not. Not saying that's why Ho-Ho Lun got a spot, but hardly something to worked up over. These guys are just warm bodies for the most part. Also not sure if you should be all "WWE cast off" about a dude that wrestled six matches for a company five years ago.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

While not specifically a Jaguars game, will this be the first time AEW has been opposite of an NFL game? I know TK has said he doesn't want to conflict with the NFL but Battle of The Belts goes head to head with a Cowboys v Eagles game being simulcast on ESPN & ABC.

i'm glad you said that. i didn't realize that game was Saturday.