DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

I kind of wish Terminus was tomorrow instead of Sunday because I debated driving up to Altanta for it; however, I may still order and watch it on FITE.

Ironically, I'm probably going to Atlanta for work later in the week. 

49 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I kind of wish Terminus was tomorrow instead of Sunday because I debated driving up to Altanta for it; however, I may still order and watch it on FITE.

Ironically, I'm probably going to Atlanta for work later in the week. 

I think it's sold out.

40 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I think it's sold out.

Yeah, I almost bought tickets a few weeks ago, but opted against it due to Sunday.

I'm too old to day trip 3+ hours to Atlanta, attend something until 10ish, and then drive back to Alabama and then attempt to be a functional employee afterwards in the morning.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Yeah, I almost bought tickets a few weeks ago, but opted against it due to Sunday.

I'm too old to day trip 3+ hours to Atlanta, attend something until 10ish, and then drive back to Alabama and then attempt to be a functional employee afterwards in the morning.

Do you not have Monday off with it being a holiday and all?

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Do you not have Monday off with it being a holiday and all?

Negative. I only get off for the mandatory federal ones (Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, 4th, Labor Day). 

Edited by Chaos

On 1/14/2022 at 12:24 PM, Hail Sabin said:

I'm waiting for it to pop up on the Xfinity schedule to see what the price is. 

Wow its showing up as 4.99 for me. I'm gonna order now in case they change it. If that's the price that's crazy reasonable. At least charge 10, a month of a streaming service. It's $25 on fite that has to be a mistake.

• Like 1

Just watched Thunder Rosa vs Taya Valkerie on that Zicky Dice show on Twitch and I'm wondering how long it will be before we see Taya Valkerie vs Jade Cargill.  I forgot how good Taya is.

1 hour ago, Jacey said:

This is a pretty big Atlanta area show we're hosting this Friday.  It'll stream live on IWTV as well

Jon Davis!  AWESOME!

I always liked B-Boy,  he had a pretty decent match with Punk on the indies. He's one of those guys who you wouldn't think could mat wrestle well but he will surprise you.  Homicide is another guy in that boat.  I am assuming a lot of these guys will be at the Indy Hall of Fame the night before and will probably get spots at the PPV sunday.  Maybe we get Punk on commentary with Dave one last time?

• Like 1

I love PWG and really want to support them, but their DVD release schedule since coming back from the pandemic has been shit.  I ordered the November 21 show last month when pre-order went up, and it's still not out.  I emailed them and they told me it would ship by the end of the month.  So it's two plus months for a show to come out. 

Now that ROH and Impact don't have the restrictions they used to have, there's no reason they can't do a more current streaming model.  Shit, I'd pay for a delayed streaming model.  I can fully understand a two man operation not wanting to deal with the expense of live streaming but if they could air their shows on Highspots 2-3 weeks after, I'd gladly pay the same price I currently pay for Blu Rays.  Anyway, that's my indie complaining for today as I dread waiting until April or May to watch next week's BOLA.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, Shane said:

Man, when I last gave Adam Windsor any thought at all, this board was probably still green. Cagematch lists his last match as 2011. 

What was his story? I vaguely remember it as his parents bankrolled the Funkin’ Conservatory, so Dory pushed him as the second coming to keep his meal ticket but again, it’s been a long time. 

Last I heard, he married Steve Austin's adopted (Chris Adams' actual) daughter, Jade.

Highlighting Action/IWTV's Southeast First from Tyrone, GA

BOJACK, BK Westbrook, and Diego Hill vs Bobby Flaco, Brogan Finlay, and Ashton Starr

-- my first time seeing BOJACK and Hill, and my God, I'm on board. BOJACK takes up about as much space as Mark Henry but he's pretty young looking and he's got one of the nicest (big) running centons I've ever seen. He has awesome presence and seemed to know how to use his size  to tell the story without coming off too brick wall in his youth. HILL on the other hand seemed to be everything people like about Swerve without being the least bit mechanical or cold; his kicks are fast as hell and well varied, and he showed great fluidity running the ropes and flying... I have said before that BK Westbrook reminds me of the late Jimmy Rave and I'll stand by that after seeing him again. He's just got a confidence that is bound to rub people the wrong way and his look is, well... jimmy. He does an awesome twisting sliced bread off of BOJACK's back, but his aura is that of someone who doesn't care if you cheer him... On the other side of the ring, Brogan continues to impress. He's still finding his place as a humble wrestling prodigy, but he is without a doubt the guy to watch. He's not his dad or his brother, he's his own person and he knows it and it's cool to see. Bobby Flaco does everything so well and natural, there's something old school (think RnRExpress) about his presentation, but he pulls off stuff that really makes me wonder what anyone sees in Mustafa Ali. And although Ashton Starr was maybe the weak link in this match, he's got great charisma and doesn't come off as a sissy despite his flamboyant appearance; his meteora on BOJACK looked great since he actually had room to land his knees on BOJACK's mass-o-plenty...This match wasn't long but it really has to be seen; all 6 of these guys come off as the future of indy wrestling. I'm glad the match climaxed with Brogan and BOJACK as the last two men in the ring and Action would be smart to keep these two together on the regular. The handshaking after the match just shows where their heads are at (in a good way), and the finish has got to be seen.

Edited by Horatio
  • Like 3