DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

For those who don't know why Cage was Fu Manchu in that trailer, according to Rob Zombie, it'd because Cage didn't want to play a Nazi. So, off the top of his head, Rob said, "how about Fu Manchu?" And he said okay. 

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Because of course he did. ?

In other choices, putting Auschwitz/Nazi death camps in black and white needs to go away. Show the reality. 

100% agree.

• Like 2

THR is reporting that the budget on Mission: Impossible 7 is currently sitting at $290 million (!)   Tom Cruise has apparently just convinced Paramount to give him even more in order to finish 7 and continue shooting M:I 8.  

So there's a Lionsgate Pinocchio movie coming out that's a dub of a Russian version.  The American actors are led by Pauly Shore(!) as Pinocchio... 

And well, let's just say they made choices.

• Haha 1

Top Gun" Maverick

Even Paramount themselves put in the Youtube description " #TopGun: Maverick is FINALLY coming to theatres May 27. Watch the NEW official trailer now!

I am gonna chuckle if the folks they are fighting are some sort of fake Russian country and the movie gets delayed again.

• Haha 4

Technically a horror movie but putting it here due to the "news" aspect

Mo'Nique is replacing Octavia Spencer as the lead actress in Demon House (Spencer had to drop out due to commitments with Truth Be Told)

The reason this is news is because Demon House is A) on Netflix and B) being directed by Lee Daniels

Mo'Nique accused Daniels of working with Oprah and Tyler Perry to blackball her from Hollywood and she took Netflix to court over pay as she said she was getting paid less than other female comics. (Apparently after the blow up around Precious, her and Daniels didn't speak for over 13 years)

So clearly enough money has smoothed things over.

• Like 2

According to One Take News (via SFFGazette.com), Jurassic World Dominion will clock in at 146 minutes and 57 seconds including credits. For comparison, Jurassic World was 124 minutes and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was 129 minutes. Going further back, Jurassic Park was 127 minutes, The Lost World: Jurassic Park was 129 minutes, and Jurassic Park III was a mere 92 minutes. 

Jurassic World Dominion runtime. 10th June release.

Edited by The Natural

MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON

Starring Jenny Slate, Isabella Rossellini, and Lesley Stahl

--

I know the concept of "A24 does a kids movie" sounds terrifying, but this actually looks great. 

• Like 1

WB execs are apparently waiting to see how Fantastic Beasts 3 is going to do before greenlighting the already planned parts 4 & 5. 

And what are 4 & 5 supposed to be?   Apparently it's wizards in World War II.   

My god.  

On 4/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, RIPPA said:

Senior Year

I guess besides the health benefits, this is why Rebel Wilson lost the weight

I feel like I've seen that movie before. 

New Northman trailer. 

Spoiler

So there's also a sword-forging scene AND a ghost-king. Conan's might have been a fakeout but we are apparently getting the real deal here... because of Game of Thrones and all I'm sure. Otherwise, you got your better remake, looks like. 

I can't wait. Really. This is gonna rule. 

• Like 2

Because of the names - I am putting this here

Crimes of the Future

Director: David Cronenberg 

Cast: Viggo Mortensen, Kristen Stewart, Léa Seydoux, Scott Speedman, Welket Bungué, Don McKellar, Lihi Kornowski, Tanaya Beatty, Nadia Litz, Yorgos Karamichos, and Yorgos Pirpassopoulos.

Described as "sci-fi body horror" - it will debut at Cannes later this year

• Like 4

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In news targeted specifically for @John from Cincinnati

Salma Hayek will be replacing Thandiwe Newton in Magic Mike's Last Dance

Newton left the project due to "personal reasons concerning family matters."

The tabloids were claiming that Newton and Tatum had a big argument about Smith vs Rock. Which is probably bullshit, but they printed it.