DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Women Talking

Written and Directed by Sarah Polley

Rooney Mara, Claire Foy, Jessie Buckley, Judith Ivey, Ben Whishaw, and Frances McDormand.

Based on the book of the same name

The big question is, will this movie pass the Bechdel Test?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The People We Hate at The Wedding

Directed by Claire Scanlon (About every single popular TV comedy in the last decade)

Allison Janney, Kristen Bell, Ben Platt, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Dustin Milligan, Karan Soni, Tony Goldwyn

Based on the novel of the same name

52 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Thought that was Colin Hanks in the thumbnail

Not til now have I ever thought they looked alike ? 

In the ads for "A Friend Of The Family" I thought Colin was a balding Tom at first.

• Thanks 1

JESUS REVOLUTION

Starring: Kelsey Grammar, Joel Courtney, Jonathan Roumie

In Theatres: February 24

Not a movie about the creation of a Christian dance video game, but rather a faith-based drama inspired by the 1960s and 1970s "Jesus Movement" that launched both the Calvary Chapel and Vineyard denominations, as well as inspired modern Christian pop/rock music.

Roumie plays Jesus in the online TV series "The Chosen," and has become the 2022 version of Ted Neeley.

So, what YouTube channels do you guys recommend for trailers?  I'm looking for a channel that does tons of trailers but... that's it. I wanna subscribe and see... trailers. And not just trailers for the latest MCU stuff. 

Whatcha got? 

5 minutes ago, Tabe said:

So, what YouTube channels do you guys recommend for trailers?  I'm looking for a channel that does tons of trailers but... that's it. I wanna subscribe and see... trailers. And not just trailers for the latest MCU stuff. 

Whatcha got? 

I don't use YT Channels directly - I am watched so many of them now that my recommendations pretty much auto-populate with them. (The other stuff I find through movie websites)

Assuming you don't want to subscribe to the movie studios YT channels directly - I guess just use Rotten Tomatoes channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/RottenTomatoesTRAILERS)

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, RIPPA said:

A Man Called Otto

Basically Tom Hanks basically making his version of a Clint Eastwood movie

Perfect description of the movie. Tom really can do better than a knockoff of Gran Torino (a movie I absolutely love). 

On 10/19/2022 at 1:18 PM, RIPPA said:

The People We Hate at The Wedding

Directed by Claire Scanlon (About every single popular TV comedy in the last decade)

Allison Janney, Kristen Bell, Ben Platt, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Dustin Milligan, Karan Soni, Tony Goldwyn

Based on the novel of the same name

"it's got Allison Janney, how bad can it be?" 

Really, really, really bad. 

Maura Tierney and Lily James has joined the cast of The Iron Claw movie

Tierney is playing Doris Atkinson

It is was not specific who James was playing (if I had to guess it will be Kevin's wife)

• 2 weeks later...

That suprisingly doesn't look awful*.  I'm more suprised they didn't talk Melinda Dillon out of retirement and just replaced her with Julie Hagerty.

*I'm someone that has a wife that has already started to have Hallmark on every night.

Edited by Raziel