DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Because all you do is talk about how your Daniel Jones' #1 fan and David Wells' number should be retired.  So, I just assumed that was about that.

At the rate the Yanks retire numbers, David Wells' number being retired isn't THAT absurd of an idea

• Haha 1

per Deadline - a Naked Gun "reboot" is in the works at Paramount, but the twist is that it's Liam Neeson (in negoations) supposedly playing the son of Leslie Nielsen's Frank Drebin. Akiva Schaffer (Hot Rod, Popstar: Never Stop Popping, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers) is expected to direct. No greenlight yet, but once Neeson signs on, it's expected to get it.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

I’ve been wondering if that was still happening. He’s been floated as Drebin by Seth MacFarlane for a long time (before that I think Ed Helms was attached.) I think it’s in his wheelhouse. Honestly the pink elephant scene in Darkman shows he has the chops.

• Like 2

Tis the Season...

Spirited

Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell, Octavia Spencer

Directed by Sean Anders (Horrible Bosses 2, Instant Family)

Another spin on A Christmas Carol

HOUSE PARTY (RED BAND TRAILER)

Starring Tosin Cole & Jacob Latimore

Releases: January 13, 2023 

---

My thoughtful opinion:  This is going to make boatloads of cash from a ton of people who are not on this board. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

HOUSE PARTY (RED BAND TRAILER)

Starring Tosin Cole & Jacob Latimore

Releases: January 13, 2023 

---

My thoughtful opinion:  This is going to make boatloads of cash from a ton of people who are not on this board. 

I really want to see this.

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

So, after watching the hilariously bad Halloween Ends tonight, my wife and I saw that the next big Blumhouse horror reboot or whatever is going to be for the Exorcist.

Sometimes I think you talk about horror things here just to make me angry.

• Haha 3

A lot of noise was made yesterday about a sequel to Twister (named Twisters) happening

Per Deadline - https://deadline.com/2022/10/twisters-sequel-forecast-spring-start-universal-amblin-finalize-director-1235147353/

Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment are meeting with directors hoping for a spring start on Twisters, a big-scale sequel to the 1996 storm-chasing blockbuster. Universal and Warner Bros are co-financing, with Universal taking the creative lead on the picture. Frank Marshall is producing.

Here’s what The Dish has heard: Amblin’s Steven Spielberg himself flipped for the script by The Revenant scribe Mark L. Smith, and his enthusiasm provided the impetus for the fast-tracked film. Top Gun: Maverick helmer Joseph Kosinski was going to direct, but he fell off the film when he committed to the Formula One racing movie vehicle for Brad Pitt that Apple acquired last June after a big auction earlier this year.

They haven’t locked in a new director yet, but among the helmers under consideration are the Oscar-winning Free Solo team of Jimmy Chin & Elizabeth Chai Vaserhelyi; Dan Trachtenberg. who most recently directed the terrific Predator reinvention Prey and before that 10 Cloverfield Lane; and Travis Knight, the Laika chief whose recent animated films were Missing Link and Kubo and the Two Strings. There might be one or two others in the mix. Jan De Bont directed the original.

Sources said that the hope is to bring Helen Hunt back, with a drama that focuses on the daughter she had with the character played by the late Bill Paxton. She has caught the storm-chasing bug her parents had.

A CHRISTMAS STORY CHRISTMAS

Starring Peter Billingsley, Erinn Hayes, Ian Patrella, and Scott Schwartz 

Debuts November 17 on HBO Max. 

--

Just a teaser trailer, but it looks like they got a good portion of the original cast back.  Also notable, since the original movie was set in the '40s, I'm guessing this one is going to be set in the 70's or 80s. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

--

Just a teaser trailer, but it looks like they got a good portion of the original cast back.  Also notable, since the original movie was set in the '40s, I'm guessing this one is going to be set in the 70's or 80s. 

intro-1666025102.jpg

YES~!!

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

--

Apparently this was shot in Hungary and Bulgaria, is produced by Vince Vaughn and is written by the writer of Gran Torino, The Mule and Cry Macho, it's going to be really bad and really right wing.

• Sad 1

On 9/13/2022 at 11:51 AM, RIPPA said:

Babylon

Directed by Damien Chazelle

This is getting its release bumped up.

It is now getting its wide theater release on Dec 23

Women Talking

Written and Directed by Sarah Polley

Rooney Mara, Claire Foy, Jessie Buckley, Judith Ivey, Ben Whishaw, and Frances McDormand.

Based on the book of the same name