DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

LET'S FUCKING GO

I'm really excited for that movie.

It's still crazy that, while Dwayne is the bigger star, Batista has the better filmography. He's been in some great flicks.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

https://youtu.be/Q00qh7Ab6Mk

This just opened in the UK. Another Christie spoof/knockoff about a murder backstage at The Moustrap in 1953.

Sam Rockwell and Saoirse Ronan star as the detective and his assistant. 

(Don't remember this being posted here) 

It was.

Sofia Coppola has announced that Jacob Elordi (Euphoria) and Cailee Spaeny (Mare of Easttown) will play Elvis and Priscilla Presley, respectively, in the upcoming biopic Priscilla (obviously being directed by Coppola)

The movie is based on Priscilla Presley's memoir "Elvis and Me"

It will be an A24 release

Babylon

Directed by Damien Chazelle

EDIT 

Full Cast list

The all-star cast includes Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Olivia Wilde, Tobey Maguire, Spike Jonze, Jean Smart, Samara Weaving, Max Minghella, Katherine Waterston, Flea, Phoebe Tonkin, Rory Scovel, Lukas Haas, Eric Roberts. P.J. Byrne, Damon Gupton, Diego Calva, Jovan Adepo, and Li Jun Li, with Li set as Anna May Wong.

• Like 2

My complaint with the Little Mermaid is my same complaint for every movie where things can talk underwater where it just looks like they're not talking underwater. That's about the most nitpickiest thing though and as long as this is better than the live action Aladdin, I will not mind re-watching this a million times with my younger daughter when she discovers the live action Little Mermaid.

I like Encanto. I really do. But we've played Encanto in this house every. fucking. day. and I can only take so much of it. Something needs to take it's spot.

RIP Inspector Todd/Gil Hill

On another note, "this isn't my office!"

"YOU DAMN RIGHT!"

"This isn't my locker!"

"YOU DAMN RIGHT!"

"Your buddy, Mario Andretti Friedman, wrecked the damn Ferrari!"

Also, Ronny Cox is still alive. I demand we at least get a cameo from Bogomil.

I fucking love Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 so much. I watched 1 as a little kid way too many times and I have no idea what my parents were thinking letting me watch it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

RIP Inspector Todd/Gil Hill

On another note, "this isn't my office!"

"YOU DAMN RIGHT!"

"This isn't my locker!"

"YOU DAMN RIGHT!"

"Your buddy, Mario Andretti Friedman, wrecked the damn Ferrari!"

Also, Ronny Cox is still alive. I demand we at least get a cameo from Bogomil.

I fucking love Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 so much. I watched 1 as a little kid way too many times and I have no idea what my parents were thinking letting me watch it.

Beverly Hills Cop II won a KIDS CHOICE AWARD, so a lot of children watched it! A high as F John Ashton accepted the award.

• Like 2

Skydance is no longer moving forward with Dallas Sting, a soccer project starring Matthew McConaughey that was to be directed by The Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s Kari Skogland.

The pulling of the plug occurs as the inspirational drama was only six weeks away from beginning production and was almost fully cast.

The feature project, set in 1984, was to tell the true story of a Dallas girls soccer team that traveled to China and, against the odds, defeated some of the best women’s teams in the world. McConaughey was to play coach Bill Kinder, who led the team to victories over Australia, Japan and China and finally Italy in the championship game.

Sources say Skydance and the producers received disturbing allegations surrounding aspects of the true story on which the drama was based. That investigation led Skydance and the producers to pull the plug, according to sources.

Skydance, which was producing with Berlanti Schechter Productions, declined to comment.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/matthew-mcconaughey-movie-dallas-sting-scrapped-1235220498/

19 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Beverly Hills Cop II won a KIDS CHOICE AWARD, so a lot of children watched it! A high as F John Ashton accepted the award.

I was just explaining to my daughter that we didn't watch "kids' movies" when we were kids. We watching stuff that was in no way intended for any children to be watching.

• Like 4