DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 8/25/2022 at 9:47 PM, colonial said:

CONFESS, FLETCH

Starring: Jon Hamm

Theaters and digital on Sept. 16

Jon & John together again and Roy Wood Jr. as the straight man for Fletch's jokes?  I'm in.

I still haven't seen the first movie in one sitting and have only seen the trailer for the second one, but during my sophomore year of high school I did read the Fletch book that the first movie was based on, but don't really seem to remember Vatsyayana or Fletch's 16 year old heroin addict girl friend making it into the movie.

All Quiet on the Western Front

It is billed as the first time the book has been adapted in its original German. 

It is Germany's nomination for Best International Film in the upcoming Oscars.

It will play in select theaters throughout October and then hit Netflix on October 28

I should also note that the trailer is the most Red Band trailer that isn't tagged as Red Band trailer that I have seen in awhile (most for folks getting blown up and for being set on fire)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you haven't seen, the Venice Film Festival is going on, and there's good news, and there's hilarious news:

The Good News - Brendan Fraser received a 6 minute long standing ovation for The Whale

Him doing the "aw, shucks" kick at the end. . .  ?

--

Now, in the *HILARIOUS* news.  The premiere of Don't Worry Darling is going superb...

Allegedly Harry Styles was fucking 13 during the filming.  They broke it off and have barely spoken to each other since.  

Harry and Chris Pine allegedly hate each other because of their time on the film. And speaking of hating each other...

Olivia Wilde said Florence Pugh couldn't make the post-movie press conference because of a 'scheduling conflict'.  She was later shown to just be getting drinks at a nearby bar.   None of them made eye contact during the screening.

And there was this... 

The early reviews of the movie are "bootleg Get Out

lol

Armageddon Time

Written and Directed by James Gray

Anne Hathaway, Jeremy Strong, Banks Repeta, Jaylin Webb, Tovah Feldshuh, Ryan Sell, and Anthony Hopkins.

Jessica Chastain is clearly seen in the trailer and is listed on IMDB but since the promotional stuff makes no mention of her - we might have seen her whole role in the movie

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Allegedly Harry Styles was fucking 13 during the filming.  They broke it off and have barely spoken to each other since.  

Harry Styles is currently 28 so unless this movie was shot 15 years ago - this is hilariously wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I love that Chris Pine had to put out a statement saying that he wasn't spit on

There's a slo-mo on Twitter that confirms he wasn't spit on but it definitely looks bad at full speed. 

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

the *HILARIOUS* news.  The premiere of Don't Worry Darling is going superb...

Harry and Chris Pine allegedly hate each other because of their time on the film. And speaking of hating each other...

Olivia Wilde said Florence Pugh couldn't make the post-movie press conference because of a 'scheduling conflict'.  She was later shown to just be getting drinks at a nearby bar.   None of them made eye contact during the screening.

And there was this... 

The early reviews of the movie are "bootleg Get Out

lol

All this is very tabloid tea like.

Now that said...the cast trended all day yesterday and were using the red carpet to make it seem like everyone is on one accord. Nick Kroll and Chris Pine are out there taking pictures like they're Puff Daddy and the Family and Florence Pugh is out standing like she's goddamn Marilyn Monroe or Rita Hayworth.

It's all way too convenient and strange.