DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Two movies originally set for HBO Max will get theater releases after all.

LeBron James' "House Party" reboot opens Dec. 9

"Evil Dead Rise" opens Apr. 21, 2023

The HBO Max "Christmas Story" sequel, "A Christmas Story Christmas," premieres on the streamer Nov. 17.

16 hours ago, colonial said:

Two movies originally set for HBO Max will get theater releases after all.

LeBron James' "House Party" reboot opens Dec. 9

"Evil Dead Rise" opens Apr. 21, 2023

The HBO Max "Christmas Story" sequel, "A Christmas Story Christmas," premieres on the streamer Nov. 17.

House Party? Leave the memories alone. 

• Like 2

I think Radcliffe looks a fair bit like Al.

I’m kind of fascinated by Radcliffe’s post-Harry Potter career.  He seems to make deliberately off-the-wall choices when picking roles.  Being his agent in 2022 must be am interesting gig.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

More detailed trailer for WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story

This trailer will pretty much allow you to decide if you will give this movie any mind

I know I've said about other movies "This looks like a 30 Rock movie", but this is the first time I've meant it as a compliment. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, madl said:

I think Radcliffe looks a fair bit like Al.

I’m kind of fascinated by Radcliffe’s post-Harry Potter career.  He seems to make deliberately off-the-wall choices when picking roles.  Being his agent in 2022 must be am interesting gig.

Dude made so much money as a kid (and presumably has kept getting nice royalty checks ever since) that he can just do whatever the fuck he wants with his career. And apparently he wants to do strange shit. I'm all for it.

• Like 9

On 8/11/2022 at 9:01 AM, RIPPA said:

The Son - which is the adaptation of the stage play of the same name - has been announced as releasing on Nov 11. Clearly Sony Pictures hates them as that is the same day as both Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and The Fabelmans (Steve Spielberg’s semi-autobiographical drama) open

The Son is directed by Florian Zeller and stars Hugh Jackman, Laura Dern, Vanessa Kirby, Anthony Hopkins, and Zen McGrath.

13 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Just the fact that he became famous as a kid but is still working and not out robbing liquor stores, cancelling depressing Comic Con appearances due to "exhaustion," or working on his third OD, means he's winning.

It's exhausting me just thinking about doing a signing at a con

• Like 3

On 8/24/2022 at 4:21 PM, odessasteps said:

Cross Posting 

ST: Wrath of Khan is getting a 40th anniversary theatrical rerelease over Labor Day. 

Many dusty theaters that weekend as 40-60 year old men cry like newborns. 

Too bad that I have duty over Labor Day weekend thanks to some gung ho company commander that has it in for his unit and has scheduled a readiness exercise on their holiday break.  He will probably get shot by his own troops when they get to their deployment site.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Too bad that I have duty over Labor Day weekend thanks to some gung ho company commander that has it in for his unit and has scheduled a readiness exercise on their holiday break.  He will probably get shot by his own troops when they get to their deployment site.

His last name happen to be Neidimeyer?

• Haha 2

Per Deadline: Seth Rogen, Sebastian Stan, Paul Dano and Pete Davidson have all been cast in Dumb Money which is the movie being on the Gamestop stock bullshit

It will be directed by Craig Gillespie