DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bones & All

EDIT - I should note this technically could go in Horror as Chalamet and Russell are playing cannibals.

I just posted it in there.  Too bad you pointed out that the kids in love are also eaters of the dead.   The trailer tells you absolutely zip about that part of the novel, so going in cold would've been great.  Who would expect the nice Chalamet boy to portray a cannibal?

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I just posted it in there.  Too bad you pointed out that the kids in love are also eaters of the dead.   The trailer tells you absolutely zip about that part of the novel, so going in cold would've been great.  Who would expect the nice Chalamet boy to portray a cannibal?

The word "cannibal" was in the first 6 words of the story I got it from so its not like they are hiding it in the marketing of the movie

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The word "cannibal" was in the first 6 words of the story I got it from so its not like they are hiding it in the marketing of the movie

True enough if you read the latest articles or are familiar with the novel, but the trailer alone gives zero clues about what is really going on.

Still, by the time the marketing machine starts cranking, everyone will probably be spoiled going in.

Most of the "cannibalism" in the novel seems more metaphorical than actual.  I imagine they will play this up in the movie and it won't feel like a real cannibal horror film like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or something.  No humans could eat that much human flesh while barely spilling any blood and not develop Kuru at some point.

Edited by J.T.

Spoiler

TRIANGLE OF SADNESS

Winner of 2022 Palme D'or at Cannes

Starring Harris Dickinson, Charlbi Dean, and Woody Harrelson

Directed by Ruben Östlund (DownhillForce MajuereThe Square)

Edited by RIPPA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The most read article on English-language Wikipedia Thursday was for this upcoming movie:

some of the scenes might seem familiar because 

Spoiler

It’s a Hindi-language remake of Forrest Gump.

Also there’s various domestic struggles with critic reviews and threats of boycotts because some think the movie makes the Indian military look bad (in other words some people who like Modi dislike this movie)

If we’re doing Tom Hanks remakes for India, would it hit too close to home to do a Joe Versus The Volcano remake for Bollywood?

On 7/6/2022 at 1:24 PM, RIPPA said:

Amsterdam

Latest from David O Russell

This has been bumped up basically a month

Was scheduled for Nov 4 - now scheduled for Oct 7

• Like 1

The Greatest Beer Run Ever

Based on book of the same name

Director: Peter Farrelly

Zac Efron, Russell Crowe, Jake Picking, Will Ropp, Archie Renaux, Kyle Allen, Ruby Ashbourne Serkis, and Bill Murray 

Apple TV+ and limited theaters on Sept 30

‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ Spinoff From ‘Cobra Kai’ Creators & Bill Posley In Works At Paramount Pictures – Deadline

A film about the two valets who took the Ferrari on a joy ride in the original film is in development.

Who knows? If this works, maybe we can have a "Back to the Future" spinoff all about Red the Bum or the woman handing out "Save the Clock Tower" paperwork.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:36 PM, RIPPA said:

In more Margo Robbie casting news - per Hollywood Reporter, Robbie will star in a prequel to Ocean's 11 in a movie directed by Jay Roach

The film will be set in Europe in the 1960s

And now Ryan Gosling in talks to also star in the movie